It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: Vacation or Permanent Move ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Howdy every one, I am currently living in the UK and...well...i don't like it at all. I have heard nothing but good about Canada*. I am going to go there on a vacation, I'm thinking 1-2 weeks first time to get a feel, if i like it 1-3 months; then maybe a permanent move. I current have a NVQ level 2 in plumbing so i do have a very skilled trade. Any advise from any people out there ?

Fox

*Except in the South Park movie, and if you don't know what I'm talking 'Aboot', watch it.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Canada is the best country in the world
Clean water, Fresh air, Old Forests, Friendliest people on earth Eh!
No GWB
No hand guns (except the ones smuggled by US gangs)
No prison for small amounts of pot
No uninsured sick people, top class health care, cash no money
No religious bigots protesting every thing.
No ID in schools, kids learn real science ( ID = Ideology an Dogma)
Real Democracy, all are allowed to vote no registration require.
Politics are religious free, the separation of church and state is still in place.
Worlds best beer (MooseHead is best)
Worlds best Hockey
www.thecanadapage.org...

need a job Alberta has plenty

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If you like it here enough to move, you'd probably be best off to come over on a skilled workers permit (assuming you qualify) and then find a job (or even better find a job and then come over on a skilled worker permit). Then if you can get an offer of full-time employment once you're here, you'll get a lot of extra points on your permanent residency application.

A Skilled Worker's Self-Assessment to get an idea if you qualify:

www.cic.gc.ca...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
A skilled trade and you are a shoe in. Not just to work for someone else but to work for yourself. ( It sounds like I'm plugging the GREAT CANADIAN DREAM here)..but it's true. So is everything posted by the Anon.
I love living here. I thank my lucky stars I was born here.
HAPPY CANADA DAY!
And enjoy your trip.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If your looking for the most money go to Alberta. Downside is that from everyone I've talked to, the atmosphere sucks especially in winter. BC, Great Atmosphere, Good economy, but rains ALOT! Toronto, Job market sucks, atmosphere sucks, the people suck. Hell people from Southern Ontario generally suck(I'm a Native who is still stuck here
it). Montreal is good if you can speak French but otherwide good luck finding a job. The East Coast is actually up and coming and I am considering a move there myself in the next 5 years. The Oil patch that is out there rivals Alberta's patch.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the words people, can any one advise me when the best time to go out there for a long period of time will be, not as a tourist but to see what i would think it is to live out there.

Fox

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Canada is an absolutely fabulous place. It really is. Great scenery, great people, the whole atmosphere is great.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Canadas great, except for Quebec. My personal opinion, just becasue everytime i drove through quebec, whenever you speak to somone who isent from quebec they give you weird looks. And yes the ones who I talked to understand english

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If your going to move I would suggest Saskatchewan it's booming at the moment. Just don't move to Edmonton it's not pretty city to live in unless you want to work in the oilsands.

new topics

top topics

join