It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your views on the Zeitgeist movie?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Excellent film a real mind opener. For you guys who say its fraudulent or overeggaturated tell me which part of the movie is a fraud or overeggaturated so we can debate it.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

It no particular part just the occasional thing, like some of the statistics used are off and many of the quotes are taken out of context. In fact I believe at least one of them was taken from a fictional character and then attributed to the author of the book.

Still, mainly it's a great film, just saying don't take it word-for-word as pure truth.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The 1st part is what I believe to be complete BS, but the 2nd and 3rd parts are right on the money….
Does anyone know if it’s ever been aired on television?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
The 1st part is what I believe to be complete BS, but the 2nd and 3rd parts are right on the money….
Does anyone know if it’s ever been aired on television?

Ok what is BS about the religious part. What facts is he not being truthful on?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This movie rocked my world.... at first. I decided to do some research of my own. pt.1 bs pt 2 right on and pt 3 in my honest opinion is right on as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyeflight
This movie rocked my world.... at first. I decided to do some research of my own. pt.1 bs pt 2 right on and pt 3 in my honest opinion is right on as well.

Ok what is BS about the religious part. What facts is he not being truthful on?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Check out these threads - should explain a bit
zeitgeist debunked and we still dont care
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Christianity is based on Egyptian Myths - Jesus Christ is Horus
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But yeah I don't know, it goes into things like the similarities between Jesus and Horus (not any) and makes illogical connections.
I'm an atheist so I’m trying to defend any religious side but I just found it to be a little historically incorrect.

Here's a great post by Byrd

Although I'm pagan and believe that Jesus was not a historical figure, I do want to set the record straight. There's actually no correlation between Horus and Jesus.

For reference, here's a summary of the oldest account of the birth of Horus:
touregypt.net...&FHorus.htm

1. Horus born of a virgin. Jesus born of a virgin.

In fact, Horus was born to a goddess married to another god (Isis, married to Osiris.)

2. The foster father of Horus was Seb or Seph. Jesus was fostered by Joseph.

Heru/Horus didn't have a foster-father
touregypt.net...

3. Horus was of royal descent. Jesus was of royal descent.

Horus was the son of the first gods. Not royalty.

4. Horus birth accompanied by three solar deities [star gazers] who followed by the morning star of Sirius bearing gifts. Jesus birth accompanied by three wise men [Zoroastrian star gazers] who followed by a star “in the east” bearing gifts.

Not according to the Delta Cycle (oldest complete texts of the Horus myth.

5. The birth of Horus announced by angels. The birth of Jesus announced by angels.

Hardly. Isis gave birth to him in secret (see the above pages)

6. Herut tried to murder the infant Horus. Herod slaughtered every first born in an attempt to kill Jesus the forthcoming messiah.

Set and his minions, the snakes, tried to murder Horus from the time he was born until he was grown. (BTW, the "slaughter of the innocents" never happened. There's no graveyards full of Jewish male infants killed at the same time period in either reign of Herod, and no legal records of this and no revolts associated with it.)

7. Horus is baptized at age 30 by Anup the Baptiser at a river. Jesus is baptized at age 30 by John the Baptist at a river.

Horus took his place as an adult as soon as he was able. Baptism is a Christian tradition... Egyptians had no such tradition.

8. Horus resists temptation by the evil Sut [Sut was to be the precursor for the Hebrew Satan] on a high mountain. Jesus resists temptation by Satan on a high mountain.

Oh dearie dear. How shall I put this one... hmmm... They have a big battle (several) and then (depending on the text) Horus seduces Set or Set seduces Horus (yes, homosexuality among the gods.) Isis puts Set's semen on lettuce which is then fed to Set (by Horus) and Set becomes pregnant by Horus.
www.marysia.com...

That's kind of the extreme Readers' Digest version. I suggest looking up the longer version.

9. Horus had 12 followers. Jesus had 12 disciples.

Horus was a god (and one of the oldest) and had millions of followers.

10. Horus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water. Jesus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water.

Horus was never invoked to heal the sick, nor did he heal the sick. He flew... he didn't walk on water.

11. Horus raised someone from the grave [his father Osiris] Jesus raised Lazarus [notice the name similarity] from the grave. Lazarus is short for Elasarus - the “us” on the end is romanized. Elasarus was derived from “El-Asar” which was the name given to Osiris.

Oyyyyyyyyy. Actually, it was Isis who ressurected Osiris. Horus avenged him:
www.marysia.com...

12. Horus was buried and resurrected in the city of Anu. The place Bethany mentioned in John was a derivative of the words “Bet” and “Anu” which translates “the house of Anu”. The ‘y’ on the end of bethany is interchangeable with the letter ‘u’.

Newsflash: Horus isn't dead.

13. Horus was killed by crucifixtion. Jesus was crucified.

14. Horus was accompanied by two thieves at the crucifixtion. Jesus was crucified with two thieves.

15. Horus was buried in a tomb at Anu. Jesus was buried in a tomb located in Bethany [Bet-Anu].

16. Horus was resurrected after 3 days. Jesus was “said” to resurrected after over a period of three days.

See above. Horus never died.

17. The resurrection of Horus was announced by three women. The resurrection of Jesus was announced by three women.

Ditto.

18. Horus was given the titel KRST which means “anointed one” Jesus was given the title Christ [Christos] meaning “anointed one”

I'm sort of speechless at that one. But... no.

Sorry to be so rough on the material, but it really is invented scholarship.

The Romans did adopt and blend the myths of Mary and of Isis, and there's some similarities between them:
en.wikipedia.org...

So... bottom line... although I'm sympatheti cto the claim of Jesus as being strictly a mythic figure, the parallels between Jesus and Horus were invented (shamefully) by someone in the late 20th century and should not be taken seriously.

Remember: Always go to the Original Sources on the documents.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by andre18]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have to admit, this movie was an eye opener for me. Not everything I saw in it I belived though. It was mostly the part about the world bankers that got me interested in "alternative news' and the likes.

I would have to say that if it weren't for this movie, i wouldnt have taken the time to educate myself on certain 'realities'

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Like others, I found part one to be twaddle. Here’s some more on that.

www.kingdavid8.com...

Parts two and three were great, problems pointed out by others here notwithstanding. I’m just paranoid enough to wonder whether Zeitgeist was put out with the intention of turning Christians off to the truth movement. I never saw how part one really fit into any overall structure in the film, and thought that it would have been better kept for last. My .02

edit shmedit

[edit on 2-8-2008 by resistor]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I quite liked the movie, although am very skeptical with most conspiracy films.
all in all i think it is good to get people watching this instead of the MSM and allow people a different perspective.

Even if it is B.S. (which i don't think it is) at least it opens doors for people.

It makes me laugh that people try and debunk the religious stuff with quotes from the bible and other religious books.

Debunking something with entirely made up rubbish.
And religious folk who say this is all made up and detrimental to religion, then what is religion?

All made up and detrimental to mankind

I'm not saying i buy the religious part, but i find it an interesting theory and alot more believable than the bible itself.

Parts 2 and 3 were good though.
I never see much debunking of these and people wholly focus on part 1 to ridicule the entire documentary, which is pretty sad.

[edit on 6/8/08 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Nothing new to me. The WTC stuff is what I have believed since day one and the financial and banking info is fact. They even teach it at Uni history. Great movie.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It certainly has gotten a great many Christians upset. Which is fine. What is disappointing is that many upset Christians dont protest the movie "openly" as Christian. They just "Attack" and dont mention that they are Christian and that is where their problems with the movie originate.

They are being disingenuous at best, dishonest at worst.

Too bad they dont rationally address point by point.

The movie is really three documentaries in one. Each with it's own seperate topic.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Look,
on the religous parts - it's obvious (to me anyway) that all religion is just the end line of primitive myths passed on through generations, religions that were created by mankind long before we had the resources or even objectiveness to do any research of the authenticity of these claims being made about gods/ religions etc.

when you really sit down and think to yourself about someone - a being? that created all these massive things in the universe, i mean c'mon be realistic.
what do you think god has been doing during all our existences, just twiddling his thumbs in boredom?

it's sad but true, religion was only created to stave the fear and unknowingness of death and to create order, be realistic about it people!
when you stamp on a cockroche, it dies, brain stops - gone forever. a badger killed crossing the road, it dies, brain stops - gone forever. a human being dies, brain stops - gone forever.

again sad but true and this is why religion was CREATED. to put some meaning to all and give us some solace in this life.

RELIGION IS A CLEAR FARCE

as for the 911 parts, i'm not so sure.

they talk about bush meeting the guy funding the attacks on the morning - if this was really set up and the American government knew, do you think the president would be meeting with the funder on the very morning. as the film points out?

also about the buildings collapsing, and the damage differences, comparing the towers to the pentagon isn't an arguemant because an impact of a plane would obviously cause a considerable difference of damage and outcome to a low storey building than to ,especially when hitting the middle to top section, a very high story building.

there is more inconsistencies to that but it there is certainly a different story to what we are lead to believe

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I like the first part a lot, the other parts are done better in other docs.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Zeitgeist is a brilliant movie in the fact that it opens your eyes. I personally wouldn't have started viewing this website if it wasn't for the movie, and I am eagerly anticipating the second movie next month.
We need more movies like this to get the public to know the truth about the new world order and then maybe we can do somthing to stop it?!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
THIS movie is a fake!!! There is NO WAY IN HELL THAT the USA gov would be responsible for 911!!!! This is ludicrous!!! I can't believe people buy this #... its simply one more divisive attempt.

As we all now... "divided we fall"!!

The American Government is the most honest government I know... right up there with that of Switzerland and Norway.

Long live the USA and all the freedom it affords us.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think its an excellent movie, because anyone who watches it, will inevitably come to heads with someone purporting it contains false information, thus hopefully in turn, causing the initial viewer to research the subject on their own and hopefully causing them to come to a much more profound understanding than either they, or the person who incited their research had hitherto.

Especially for an atheist, if they do go into the theosophical research and REALLY try their best to get to the bottom before saying everyone has their own interpretation and its all confused, they might come out realizing that religion, of course the churches or establishment can be seen as bad or good for various reasons, but what its based on is something far more than myth or dogma, its actually very scientific, more accurately, its very mathematical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join