It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your views on the Zeitgeist movie?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I watched it yesterday, and it all makes sense, but i learned to be a skeptic in my 17 years of life, and i don't always believe anything until i have done some research.

I have found this site, and it proves or disproves some of the points in the movie.
webskeptic.wikidot.com...

What are your personal views on the movie though?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
video.google.ca...

Zeitgeist is nothing but disinformation at it's best.... you should really do your own research.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I've learned not to criticize religions or their followers to harshly if you wish for people to listen to your message.

It is amazing the number of people of have discounted the good points made in Part 2 and 3 of the movie just because they disagreed with the religious subject in part 1.

[edit on 2/7/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
sorry for the double post...

[edit on 2/7/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
that movie is for the anti believe choice of dumbasses. Produmbasses line up to call themselves christians while negitive or rebelious dumbasses line up to buy tickets to that show. Both are Sales oriented and both contain the same amount to truths and falsehoods.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I think that anyone that asks for my opinion on something like that, wants to know a lot more about about me, instead of what I think about a movie.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by hoppy]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

[edit on 2-7-2008 by hoppy]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
How can anything of religious context be slated??? There is no proof either way, therefore, if you like the Zeitgist theory then thats OK and dont listen to incarnated or anyone till you find out ant different for your-self!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If there is one value that stands out to me regarding Zeitgeist, it is that it can make viewers aware that there is more going on in our world than we are lead to believe. However, as many debunkers have made their cases in examining statements made in the movie, it is important that the viewers take the film in with a grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Interesing film. Had millions of views. shocked me when i first saw it

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I could care less about the first part on religion, and the facts presented are debatable.

The second and thind segments I found to be pretty spot on. It is a good intrductory tool for helping to wake people up to the things that they may have never otherwise known about.

Personally, I liked it.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The religion part I'm not surprised by and agree with in many cases, as I'm a very strong follower of anti-religion.

I'm currently watching the 9/11 footage...very interesting. I'm starting to believe the whole conspiracy theory about it but I don't know.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just finished watching it,

what a great piece.

I was in awe for the last half of the film.

I said it before and I'll say it again: We are indeed in a need for a true revolution against the government of the United States. They are vile, lying, greedy creatures of the Earth and because of them, global warming won't be the cause for our destruction nor will be a comet hitting us, it will be because their power over us.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
the movie is not anti-religion....re-watch it...it just brings the writers opinion of religion in a different light...in a different way people are used to seeing religion...but not anti-religion...if zeitgeist does one thing...it makes you think....which if the information provided is wrong or not...thinking about it will always be a good thing

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

A very good point, well made. People will believe or disbelieve or try to prove or disprove elements of Zeitgeist, as others do when anyone has an opposing opinion but what Zeitgeist has done is reach a large audience of people, and at least make them realize that there are 2 sides to every story and we only know what others tell us, very few us ever have all the facts.

I never knew of the other stories similar to that of Jesus Christ. Why? Because nobody tells you that, they only tell you the one story. As soon as our kids go to school they are taught just the one side to the story, so I'm pleased to have at least glimpsed the other side. Whether you believe it or not is another matter, but at least having access to it and hearing it is good, and Zeitgeist has shown you the other sides to the stories on the Bible and birth of Jesus Christ & God, th Federal Reserve (which a majority of Americans still think is a government run bank, not a private bank), and 9/11.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I've learned not to criticize religions or their followers to harshly if you wish for people to listen to your message.

It is amazing the number of people of have discounted the good points made in Part 2 and 3 of the movie just because they disagreed with the religious subject in part 1.

Absolutely agree.

And the religious subject in Part 1 seems fairly irrefutable to me.

Sure, you can endlessly argue details as many have tried, but the gist of it is true.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just a few thoughts... and that's what they are, thoughts, MY THOUGHTS. I don't ask nobody to align to my way of thinking. And I also ask people to share ideas and thoughts and not to judge other's. Bring up the info, but don't try to convince the rest about "your truth".

I think that, far away from believing or not anything that is told to us, we all have perceptions of our own environment... and we take those perceptions as the TRUTH (our truth, at least). i.e. those times when you feel someone is staring at your back... and you turn around to check if that intuition/perception you're feeling is truth or not... and yep, you find those eyes you where feeling. Could anyone explain why things like that happen? Does the lack of explanation invalidate the fact itself?

Well, FACTS are there and I think we chose to believe what we prefer to give sense to what happens in our lifes and keep ourselves in a mentally safe position. From religious until political issues going through every part of our existence...

It is true that there's a big difference between learnt knowledge and experienced knowledge. The first one we can chose to believe in (even if it's the biggest lie), the second one, we KNOW. Period.

... and comes to my mind that most of the pillars in wich we base our existance on are all learnt; they are not natural development of the individuals. We, as individuals, are more a product of our own projection as civilization (cooked for centuries) than a true and free selfbeing.

I hope I'm making myself clear (could be better in spanish... jejeje)

2nd part in a few hours... gotta go.

Ikoman

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Its a got a good overview of so cospiracy theories, all be it biast. I would recomend video.google.com... for anyone who found interest in ZeitGeist. This film touches on a much more pressing and important matter in part 3 of ZeitGeist.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hi, I left a message as guest yesterday, right before I registered, but it doesn't show... May I ask an admin to check it out, please?

Interesting site...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I saw Zeitgeist a while ago and thought it was a great film, but yes indeed some of the points on it are overdrawn or exaggerated, and it's not been confirmed what all of the sources used were since some of the information is unverifiable.

Part One on religion is probably the least true section, it's an extremely unpopular theory among the experts but personally I think it does have some credence; certainly makes sense to me.

Parts Two and Three and better researched and contain many revealing and interesting points but sometimes details and left out or altered in order to support his argument.

Still, the precise content aside the message of Zeitgeist is very important, the message that I think is quoted in the film, 'Authority is not truth, truth is authority.' Or something to that effect.

Also I'd point out that there are sites debunking the film that are really badly researched and provide little or no evidence for their counter cases. Watch out for them, but there are some legitimate debunkings (sic) out there considering some of the points made in the film.

[edit on 30/7/2008 by GrooveCat]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join