It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants to expand faith-based programs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Love to see how the left reacts to this.

Obama wants to expand faith-based programs

Reaching out to religious voters, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama called for expanding President Bush's program steering federal social service dollars to religious groups and — in a move sure to cause controversy — supported some ability to hire and fire based on faith.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The left will fall right in behind this.

I'd also like to add the I have absolutely %0.00 faith that Obama actually supports this.

What this is, is a realization by the Democrats that they are going to need the "religous right" that they so fiercely hate. Obama knows that pandering only to the hard left is not going to win this election. Anything he says he wants to do with religous based programs will never happen if elected.

He is just hoping the evangelicals are gullible enough to fall for it and vote for him.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
maybe someone ought to clue these politicians in on a little concept known as "separation of church and state". Religion has no place in politics whatsoever, no ifs, no buts, no excuses.

I can't stand Obama, but just gained a little respect when I learned that he's responsible for much of his own speech content. That respect lasted about 63 seconds (until I read this).

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is one issue that I disagreed with GW.

So called faith-based programs are well and good, but when the federal dollars start flowing, they are going to become money pits.

Cash flow will take precedence over results every time.

[edit on 2008/7/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think this is the key line of that article:

NBC reports the campaign says Obama's plan would prevent organizations from discriminating based on faith.

It's pandering, but at least Obama isn't advocating that public funded organization violate the 1st Amendment.

join