It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret war against Iran underway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

In an article in the "New Yorker", Seymour Hersh says that the President got up to 400 million dollars in a “Presidential Finding” and that top democrats were involved. An unidentified source told Hersh: "The Finding was focused on undermining Iran's nuclear ambitions and trying to undermine the government through regime change." The funds were requested at the same time that a US National Intelligence Estimate late last year stated that Iran had halted any kind of Nuclear Weapons program they may have had by 2003. Despite the report the Bush administration and many in congress continue to talk about Iran as a nuclear threat. In an interview with CNN, Hersh talked about Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney: "They believe that their mission is to make sure that before they get out of office next year, either Iran is attacked or it stops its weapons program," As well, a non-binding resolution with bipartisan support is moving quickly through the house. The resolution calls on the White House to ban the export to Iran, of refined petroleum or gasoline and for "stringent inspection requirements on all persons, vehicles, ships, planes, trains, and cargo entering or departing Iran," and would give the President free reign in dealing with Iran including a naval blockade.

Link with a video

therealnews.com... 1, 2008/Secret+war+against+Iran+underway

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Pfft... some secret. I remember Gunnies bitching in Afghanistan that we hadn't even touched on Iran yet, too busy chasing goats.

There have been hostile American eyes on Iran for longer than anyone in charge cares to admit.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
From the OP's link,

"BASILONE: Senator Joe Lieberman was asked if the resolution would be an act of war against Iran.

LIEBERMAN: Well, of course, I think that the Iranians training and equipping Iraqis who have killed hundreds of American soldiers is an act of war by the Iranians."

On another thread, the new legislation was shown to have its origins from a similar AIPAC proposal. I wonder how many American-Israeli dual-citizens are present among the 'top democrats' that were 'involved'...?

Why do I keep getting this feeling that our Foreign Policy has been conducted for the benefit of 'Allies', and to the detriment of US citizens

[edit on 4-7-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The US already has SF commando units in Iran trying to sabotage nuclear facilities.

new topics

top topics

join