It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit filed over Atlanta airport barring guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Lawsuit filed over Atlanta airport barring guns

news.yahoo.com

City officials in charge of the airport declared it a "gun-free zone" when a law allowing people to carry guns on public transit and other places took effect Tuesday. Gun rights supporters, including a state legislator who helped pass the law, quickly filed a lawsuit in federal court challenging the designation.

"My message is simple: Leave your firearms at home," airport general manager Ben DeCosta told reporters at a news conference.

Atlanta officials said anyone carrying a gun at the airport could be arrested and charged with a misdemeanor.

The new state law allows people with a concealed weapons permit to carry guns into restaurants, state parks and on public transportation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
After the recent 2nd Amendment decision handed down, I expected there to be a number of court cases. My question is this;

C&C permit holders follow a strict set of rules and regulations, and are easily discernible from the non-licensed persons who might also have a weapon. Knowing all I do about C&C holders and their training, it would seem to me a better sense of security would occupy the other civilians there.
Any Comments?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yeah,

Shirley Franklin is an idiot. No one down here likes her, and she has ruined the City of Atlantas budget.

And now look at this quote which stands in complete contrast to the Bill of Rights

Allowing citizens to carry firearms "would create an environment that would endanger millions of people," she said.

Ugh!

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

I agree. Just a thought, are there millions of people at the Atlanta airport daily?

I think that those who are opposed to guns feel as they do because of idiots they knew who owned guns and were, well, idiots.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I honestly don't see what the problem is as long as they don't pass people with firearms through checking. As long as the people with guns don't get on the plane, I don't see how they could "endanger millions of people" anymore than they could anywhere.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I wonder if this includes people who fly legaly with firearms to shooting events in the Ga area. The Atlanta hub is the most used for tavel and transfer in the eastern corridor. I garruntee where will be many more lawsuits over this smoke and mirror issue. I don't think this man can actualy do this under Ga preemption laws. The person maywell end up with civil rights issues being charged to them and end up screwed...one can only hope!

Zindo

top topics

join