It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some facts about Iran, what many don't know...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What people aren't considering in their numbers/sides arguments is the other countries of the world. Iran may be backed by China and Russia but Israel has the backing of the US, meaning Canada and Britain won't be too far behind I presume. What about other EU countries?

The way I'm seeing things is that if this war begins it will escalate quickly and brutally into WW3. Nuclear weapons are a taboo (thank god) and no one wants to be blamed for being the first to use them and bringing destruction upon most of the world. The Hiroshima A-Bomb incident still haunts the US's reputation worldwide.

If Americans value all this freedom they have then why are they forcing their beliefs down the throats of every other country they can find a reason to invade? A tad hypocritical if you ask me. If the troops actually did a respectable job while in another country then I could understand if they claim they are providing protection. The contempt and aggressive nature of the US troops towards other nationalities is atrocious though. Actually the whole country's views on other nationalities is atrocious, most Americans couldn't even tell you who the Prime Minister of Canada is. That's just ignorance if you ask me, and if they don't know the leader of their closest neighbour what do they know about Iran?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scurvy
Actually the whole country's views on other nationalities is atrocious, most Americans couldn't even tell you who the Prime Minister of Canada is. That's just ignorance if you ask me, and if they don't know the leader of their closest neighbour what do they know about Iran?

OK. So, who is he?
And the reason we should have to know who he is what? If he's keeping his country under control, that's enough for us.

Seriously
, the U.S. is a very large, very complex country with plenty of internal and external issues for the people to deal with. So, forgive us if we all don't know who the leader of this or that smaller country is. They only float to the top of our conciousness if they are causing us some grief that we need to collectively as a people deal with. Like we all knew the name of that president of Mexico for a little while (was it Fox?) because he kept saying the borders should be opened.

[edit on 7/2/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Who cares who backing who....????Nobody is at war...people act like Iran is such a huge military threat.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well, there may be lots of slanted stories about not just Iran, but of many other countries that for some reason or the other, to some few individuals, they can via their mass media really paint an ugly picture of a beautiful place and it's people.

Well, who is to be blamed.....the Media or the Sheepheads that have neither traveled abroad or studied the history of the outside world, except that of their bunkers.

This is also, just one facet of Iran (Persia)

It will be a shame to destroy these beautiful sexy models from Persia (Now Iran) Check out the Persian Models on this Link :

iranpoliticsclub.net...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Centurion right now Iran should be "floating to consciousness" because they have nuclear potential. Nuclear power is a phenomenal advancement and in a country as large as Iran it is a very economical and environmentally sound choice. Knowing who Stephen Harper is was just a comparison to expand on the fact that there are a lot of Americans who remain in ignorance about Iran and its people and then support military action. You make it sound like American life is so much more complicated than Canadian, Iranian, or anyone elses. It seems that the US has become the world police and are allowed to dictate who can use nuclear power and who cannot. If they fear a certain nation will potentially use it against them then said country is a major threat and war becomes an option instantly. Why are we more suitable to have nuclear power? You don't think they fear we'll use it against them? Britain, China, France, India, Pakistan, Russia, United States, North Korea, and some South American countries are the only countries with nuclear capabilities right now, and I'm not even positive on South America. These are all world powers and very large countries. For Iran being part of a war-torn middle east with Israel (and the US right behind) having strife with them constantly it only makes sense they want the power to defend themselves.

My feelings are that many Americans lack empathy. In a society where greed and money means power people are willing to sacrifice empathy in order to tread over those beneath in search of power. Really stop and think about if we were in a position of development and because Russia (or some other random country) didn't like what we were doing they decided to start bombing us with the backing of other powerful nations. You would not be happy, even less so when the Russians decide our government sucks and they're going to force theirs onto us because it worked for them. Now how about when you and your neighbours start fighting back in resistances and your doors are getting blown in and soldiers arresting you under suspicions of being part of a resistance. What about when they arrest all your friends and family? These are the questions you should be asking yourself and your government. I bet a lot of the answers you would come up with are very similar to the "terrorist's". I know I would be fighting for my country and my family no matter who is trying to "help" by bombing my city.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Due to the contracts involved should a preemptive strike against Iran occur shortly, like I feel it might (a very strong radar warning is going off in me and I'm on a weird alert mode right now), its very possible that so many missiles could be launched by so many countries withing say, 10 minutes, that half the world could be dead.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
I agree, concur, and belive the russian technology is better sad to say. IM not marine, army guy or anyting, but in can tell you this... everything here in this country has now gone digital, or'solid state' solid state sucks, at least for amplifiers for guitars. Nothing beats the original . At wrok, i cannot tell yuo how often or cheesy, these new technology devices fail. And quite often they operate on thier own. I jsut work in a retail store, but damn, if this is technolgy at its best, its sucks..
I have seen many documentarys about the MIGS, and do agree the MIG 29 was something special! They do have the advantage that american planes dont... lower and higher temperature operation, which means functioning working properly craft....
Our systems, seem to have converted digital, almost so aman dosnt really have to be in the plane at all.... i wouldnt trust a bunch a wires and a few circuit boards, to get the job done. Especailly when everyting is made in 3rd world countries, and overseas, by the lowest bidder, or payer, for that matter.

Are you really comparing military technology to the cheesy crap you sell in your retail store? Comparing guitars and amps internals to high tech military technology is like comparing reynolds wrap alumininum foil to armor plating

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Americans then wonder why do everyone hate America... we give then stuff... why they hate us... MMPI2 you just answered that question with your statements... that is why everyone hates US... Period.

In any case... before helping Israel, or going in our selves... I want prove that Iran has Nukes... I want independent organization going in and finding Nukes... I don’t trust Bush, or his cockroaches... anything they say is a lie... Iraq is a proof of that!

It does seem that this time Russia will not stay silent about doings of US...

[edit on 3-7-2008 by (^_^)]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 38181

One marine? give me a break. during the Tet offensive in '68 an Army brigade Combat team had to be deployed around the Khe Sahn area to bail your USMC ass out!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join