It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some facts about Iran, what many don't know...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ts117

Sorry to say the Germans were not superior in weaponry to the US in WWII, not to mention last time I checked , they lost.....or at least I am pretty sure. Not only that we didnt even enter the battle till he had conquered most of Europe, which was shameful on our part. We are supposed to be protectors of democracy. I am pretty sure we learned our leason in WWII, I doubt the US wants to let the Iranians liquidate the Jews all over again. Not to mention, I did say we wont start the fight the Isreal Israel Nation probably will, we will just need to be there to make sure there nukes dont fall into enemy hands. I do believe Iran will fall apart internally before any exterior forces tear on it.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
i think u didnt mention bout Iran can mobilize up to 11 million troops at one time. Make it the largest mobilization force in the world. Even the national guard of US get overwhelmed.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alvatore
i think u didnt mention bout Iran can mobilize up to 11 million troops at one time. Make it the largest mobilization force in the world. Even the national guard of US get overwhelmed.

This was the same for Iraq before desert storm.
Do you remember how the media was portraying the Iraqi army as one of the largest one of the world?

Kacou.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou
[more
Seriously you do know where the get there military count, right? They include every citiizen, at a certain age you have to leave school and get some military training and then you get to go to work outside of the military. There is only one army on this planet that the US would have to worry about and that is the Chinese Army. First of all we dont have to worry about troops as we fly over and drop bombs and I can assure you we would drop bombs for weeks or months, whatever it took. Now the Chinese might be a different beast, even though they have outdated planes they still have large numbers which might overwhelm are forces while ther Navy is very strong and capable. I cant believe I am even debating Iran superiority in weaponry and fighting forces, damn you guys, you drag me into these insane debates. If you believe Iran's military is any match to the US, remember Iran and Iraq fought for years and it was a stalemate and we did overrun Iraq in a matter of days) Its a complete joke to give any credence to Irans defenses, we would never do a ground assault and we own the air and the sea. You guys almost got me, lol......good one.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It's not just about sheer weapons numbers (especially old ones) that is most important for battlefield superiority.

It is C4 real-time Command and Control that provides a multi-satellite link grid view of the battle-field as things are happening. Commanders can see it on large screens and soldiers in the field carry PDAs etc.

Iran isn't even close to having this kind of sophisticated Infrastructure, either is Russia for that matter and China is working feverishly to get one.

In a C4 enviroment, orders can be given at a moments notice based on a trigger event somewhere else. It is all relayed through a comprehensive network of services right down to the soldiers on the ground if needs be.

In other words it is a multi-faceted communication infrastructure.

When war breaks out, all hell breaks loose. Think of C4 actually making sense of what is going on - where, when and to what degree.

The US is now using Artificial Intelligence (AI) for rapid decision making. It is truely 21st Century technology.

If the US attacks Iran (or Israel), it will be with Laser Precision Strikes.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I don’t think you have understood my reply to Alvator:
Maybe it is my English, and I am sorry.
I have tried to explain that Iran as Iraq is no match to the US in military power.
Kacou.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
reply to post by kacou
[more
Seriously you do know where the get there military count, right? They include every citiizen, at a certain age you have to leave school and get some military training and then you get to go to work outside of the military. There is only one army on this planet that the US would have to worry about and that is the Chinese Army. First of all we dont have to worry about troops as we fly over and drop bombs and I can assure you we would drop bombs for weeks or months, whatever it took. Now the Chinese might be a different beast, even though they have outdated planes they still have large numbers which might overwhelm are forces while ther Navy is very strong and capable. I cant believe I am even debating Iran superiority in weaponry and fighting forces, damn you guys, you drag me into these insane debates. If you believe Iran's military is any match to the US, remember Iran and Iraq fought for years and it was a stalemate and we did overrun Iraq in a matter of days) Its a complete joke to give any credence to Irans defenses, we would never do a ground assault and we own the air and the sea. You guys almost got me, lol......good one.

Well said! I couldnt agree w/ u more. They almost got me too until you get back to reality. The U.S. armed forces are trained and have been trained for a long time to deal w/ anything Soviet made. WHY!? because their technology is being sold to countries like Iran and the U.S. is more then ready to take them on. I believe Iran doesn't stand a chance. Watch the documentaries about U.S. war games on the History Channel and see for yourself.(sorry I forget the name of the documentaries)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Here is a good article about the US military "second Earth" for carrying out simulations with AI strategy software:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Whoa! I'd love to play that game. But I don't believe it will work as well as it should. I mean AI is good and all but it's not actual intelligence. How wil programmers know what exactly the enemy will do? They can't account for everything can they? I highly doubt it.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Further more the media as always tried to oversize the military capability of nations so to give legitimacy to act on this nations.
But behind of which nation as the biggest gone discussion the thread is about Iran sovereignty.
Some people here in the west have no clue about how the Iranian people are so distrust from the western so called value. In Iran they still have the memory of the over throne by the west of Mohamed MOSADEK, freely elected prime minister of Iran that wanted the oil and gas energy on the hand of the government and not the private western profiteering company.
Now in Iran the only strong people that are left to protect the Iranian for some thing like that to happen again is the republic Islamic organization (you like it or not that is a fact. in power for 29 years) So if people think that the Iranian people will just look how the west overthrown again one of they government then I think people are for a surprise.
Live and let live.
Kacou.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

i think you'll find the British missile defence had the fastest missile and had been locking on to f117 sighters since war games began between our nations in the 90s, the us has never won a war game of this type with the f117 or b2

the rapier missile/mobile missile defence launch pad is by far the worlds best anti-aircraft and air defense tool and also can be used as a SAM,

how do i know???? i used to be in command of one for the British Army

no iran war leave them be

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

I understood that although valve technology seems more primitive than transistor tech, it's urviveability is actually greater in an EMP situation?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

How wil programmers know what exactly the enemy will do? They can't account for everything can they? I highly doubt it.

Actually, the US has a system that extracts information on a daily basis across the Internet from message boards to article sources to upate the alternate "world simulator" with real-world events.

AI is basically a set of Inferance based rules. In the most simple abstracts .. it is the "If -this- then -do that-" etc.

Imagine a huge collection of rules. These rules are fired based on a collection of attributes. For example here is a simple hypothetical attribute list:

- The weather is 80 degrees - wind 5mph
- Troops at location x
- Enemy at location y
- Distance 2.8 miles.

Rule 1 - launch Patriot missle at location Y from Navy Vessel at location W if all attributes are met with a 90% Confidence Factor (CF)

This is called a Neural-Network. Rules are exhausted until one is found that becomes true. A more basic inferance based AI rule system is referred to as an Expert System.

Basically, the system is saying that "I'm 90% confident that you should fire a Patriot Missle from location W at location Y". The Confidence Factor verifies what attributes are true or false at the time.

You can also chain rules together in the form of AND/OR statements.

For example, IF (rule 1 = true) And (rule 2 = true) Or (rule 18 = False) Then - "Perform this action" etc.

Now comibine thousands to millions of rules - you have some major thinking going on.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by alienj

Here is an example of brainwashed American... sad to see that you still believe that 9/11 was done by Bin Laden...
By economic growth you mean putting US in Trillion Dollars debt?
Sorry to burst your bubble but he is currently working on removing all your Rights... soon he will break in your and my house... he will label us as Terrorists... for not agreeing with his views... or for posting on this forum…

Iran has Nuclear Weapons... PROVE IT... I don’t need another Iraq BS... Your beloved President already admitted that he knew that Iraq had no Nukes... He never listened to intelligence officers who were telling him that Iraq has nothing...

You live in the dream world... wake up and smell the truth!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by (^_^)]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Iran is not a quick fix type of problem. The US could easily destroy most of the military in a day or two. The problem is that FIXES NOTHING. Iran will require a firm hand and smart diplomacy unless they pick a fight. If that happens I say nail them so hard it will be 25 years before they can protect themselves against Boy Scouts.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This thread is stupid.
If Iran get bombed they won't stand a chance, look at Iraq!!!
They had the largest army in the world and it was wiped out 2 weeks...
Russian technology isn't as good as western tech.
Look how Israel defeated Russian S400 missile systems in Syria...S400 is the cream of Russian AA...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by alienj

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
This thread is stupid.
If Iran get bombed they won't stand a chance, look at Iraq!!!
They had the largest army in the world and it was wiped out 2 weeks...
Russian technology isn't as good as western tech.
Look how Israel defeated Russian S400 missile systems in Syria...S400 is the cream of Russian AA...

Get your facts right.... Russia just deployed last year S-400 system around Moscow... if anything in past conflicts Syria would have S-200... or S-100...
en.wikipedia.org...

Please next time have some proof before writing anything in any forum... Iran beat Iraq without any weapons... what is your point... don't compare Iraq with Iran... they are not the same... Who are you to say Russian Tech isn't as good as Western Tech. do you have any proof to these statements? Ahh another veggie... sad picture....

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Peoples calm down, dont make this a "My e-penis is bigger than yours"

OT:

Im really on Iran´s side in this topic, and i really wonder on how they gonna withhold grounds, when they need to make a green zone in Iraq just to have a tiny little bit of security for their logistic personell and press, and now they want to go into a country where they will defense them self (not like Iraq´s defense which was a joke).

And yes look onto Zionist / Oil producers and there you got your masterminds for these wars being fought out these years.

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

If you are so proud of your american 'power' and 'superior technology' why didn't you resolve Iraq and Afganistan already yet? And what happened to your superiority in Vietnam? Did you won that war too?

funny...

Things have changed on the battlefield in Middle East, and 2006 Israel fiasco is a hard fact proof. No one knows what will happen if Bush attacks Iran, but I'm sure the odds are on Iranian/Russian/Chinese side...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join