It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some facts about Iran, what many don't know...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The US is in Iran. We are marking sites not for a ground war but airstrikes. Retaliation will be welcomed by China and Russia as they will be able to help rebuild that nation who will then need to sell thier oil cheap to the Big 3.

No nation can win a ground war as we are in Iraq. An occupying force is not what is needed in Iran, but strategic air strikes to reduce nuclear capability to nil. NO ONE in that region wants a nuclear Iran except terrorists. When the Russian advisors ship home you know we are close.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
The US is in Iran. We are marking sites not for a ground war but airstrikes. Retaliation will be welcomed by China and Russia as they will be able to help rebuild that nation who will then need to sell thier oil cheap to the Big 3.

No nation can win a ground war as we are in Iraq. An occupying force is not what is needed in Iran, but strategic air strikes to reduce nuclear capability to nil. NO ONE in that region wants a nuclear Iran except terrorists. When the Russian advisors ship home you know we are close.

Couldn't have said it better!

-Kdial1

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Nobody has ever said its going to be a whole country invasion.I would rather just see Iran give up this nuclear situation.Its not just the us being uncomfortable with a nuclear Iran but most the world.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by alienstar]

[edit on 1-7-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Yes, but after this is over, any other country should be forced to sit down and be audited by an outside council about their own nuclear capacity.

Hopefully Iran will see the futility in utilizing these weapons if in fact they have them at all. Like the good ol quote from the movie "Wargames", "the only winning move, is not to play".
That goes for any side... especially if they have the abilities talked about in this thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

why not talk about how the people of iran are good people? (or most of them)

true human leaders can compromise/talk things out...

i used to be all about war...i used to think of strategies...i would even send emails to darpa and # and tell them about tanks and stuff we should build...then i woke up...decided to join true humanity.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Skipper1975]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 38181
One U.S. Marine would take out a platoon of Iranians, when he runs out of ammo his bayonet will take out some more oohhrrraaa!

Hahahahahahaha..... I hope you are joking....

Ask any British soldier and he/she will tell you that US marines are the biggest jokes out there at the moment.

'Childish, immature, testosterone fuelled bullies, with more bullets than brain cells' to quote my friend in the service.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Speak of your own....

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well...

What an ill lnformed, wonderfully misdirected and lighthearted, but ill advised attempt at, "my sexual member is bigger than your sexual member".

I love to read "Keyboard Generals" and their obviously well-informed take on things.

Not sure if I like the idea of attacking Iran or not. I had a number of friends from the "old" days, who may still be in positions of authority over there. And they were great folks and good friend. Hate to see a battle go at all...

But, I suspect that if there is to be a battle, that it won't be a matter of, knock the chip off my shoulder stuff, that seems to be going on here. I would like to suggest that it's ok to be anti-war, or pro-war, but leave the fighting to those who know how.... Oh and to the fellow whose friend told him the Marines are a charade... I wouldn't hang to close to your friend, he's ill-informed and if you are depending on him for combat intell... He's liable to get you in the deep weeds awfully quickly.

But what do I know????? I'm just an armchair General.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Without taking this any further off topic, I'm speaking about US marines.
You know, the guys who shout 'oooohraaa', our guys don't do that.

Back on topic, I was rather hoping this thread would be about Iran's beautiful architecture, its rich and interesting history and its beautiful landscape... but instead this is nothing more than a thread talking about weapons and missiles and bombs.

Sad really.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The brits couldn't handle southern iraq nor southern Afghan.

The Irans are no match for conventional warfare with the US.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by 38181
One U.S. Marine would take out a platoon of Iranians, when he runs out of ammo his bayonet will take out some more oohhrrraaa!

Hahahahahahaha..... I hope you are joking....

Ask any British soldier and he/she will tell you that US marines are the biggest jokes out there at the moment.

'Childish, immature, testosterone fuelled bullies, with more bullets than brain cells' to quote my friend in the service.

I know a few marines actually...

..and you aren't from the truth, at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Too bad they dont have the 2nd Amendment in their country

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

One does not have to occupy a country to devastate it's defenses. If Iran threatened a nuclear attack or even perpetrated one then everyone in the country would suffer, and that would be a bad thing for them. I hope that this will never happen. But if it did then we have enough airpower and naval power to systematically pick apart all of their defenses w/o a nuclear retaliation. Troops hidden in bunkers are no good if when they come out they are suddenly in a 3rd world wasteland. And Israel would make sure that they had a very merry christmas at ground zero. The loss of Iranian lives would be horrendous.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I agree, concur, and belive the russian technology is better sad to say. IM not marine, army guy or anyting, but in can tell you this... everything here in this country has now gone digital, or'solid state' solid state sucks, at least for amplifiers for guitars. Nothing beats the original . At wrok, i cannot tell yuo how often or cheesy, these new technology devices fail. And quite often they operate on thier own. I jsut work in a retail store, but damn, if this is technolgy at its best, its sucks..
I have seen many documentarys about the MIGS, and do agree the MIG 29 was something special! They do have the advantage that american planes dont... lower and higher temperature operation, which means functioning working properly craft....
Our systems, seem to have converted digital, almost so aman dosnt really have to be in the plane at all.... i wouldnt trust a bunch a wires and a few circuit boards, to get the job done. Especailly when everyting is made in 3rd world countries, and overseas, by the lowest bidder, or payer, for that matter.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

There are app. 540000 well trained infantries, 300000 reserve infantries and 120000 Royal Guards (Elite Force, they have similar training to Delta Force and Seal) in the country.

Royal Guards are = to navy seals.

Royal Guards... lets see. Those were the yahoos in boats trying intimidate our ships. We have millions of those guys. They are called rednecks.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

What you failed to mention in your nicely collected facts, kudos to the facts DC, and I say facts lightly, some may be propoganda much like Hussein spit out to try to scare the enemy away. The one thing you failed to mention is that the goverment is on the verge of collasope. There is an underground party in Iran, which not necessarly is on the side of Democracy or Western Standards, does not approve of the way the country is going. Almost 85 percent of the population under 25 are ready for a change. Thats a huge number and the fact that the young people are in for a change stems largely from their parents hatred of their leadership. Much like Iraq the people want free from the Mullahs but they dont trust anyone, they saw what we did to Iraq the first time around leaving them with thier pants around their ankles, so they are not going to trust us. Needless to say any incursion against the western world will lead to increased sactions which will lead to civil war. The troops are already on the ground in Iran.....and if you dont believe me find an Iranian that has fled the country or try to build a friendship with someone inside the country and get the real lowdow. Iran is under martial law for only one reason, to control thier citizens... With Iraq, and Afgahn, and neighboring countries getting a taste of democracy the bug is spreading much faster than most people think.

Also the Russian weapons they now posses are useless, remember the European Missle Defense...thats why Russia doesnt want it because then they could no longer sell their weapons to rouge nations such as Iraq because they are basically useless. Thier tech is not as great as you might think. Anything soviet these days is pretty useless except for some tanks designs they have, heck the Germans are putting out better military grade defesenable weapons than Russia.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by alienj]

[edit on 2-7-2008 by alienj]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hmmm... Let's just bomb Iran's nuclear facilities... It is not a question if US can or cannot take out Iran... The question is why? Why should US deploy to Iran! Israelis can hold their own... they have showed that many times in the past... BUSH says Iran got Nukes... I say PROVE IT, and I don’t mean cockroaches from his office singing his tune!!! Oh wait... wait... didn't he also say Iraq had Nukes??? Where are these nukes? Where are these chemical/biological weapons? I am sure this time his is right... I mean come on look at US... he is such a good president... he can't even fix crap over here... how is he planning to do anything in another country? So far he has destabilized everything in his career... didn’t he also run some oil company to the ground... now his doing same thing to US, and rest of the World!

I am not sure why anyone on this forum or in US supports him... he belongs in prison for all that he and his office done to US/World... yet I keep seeing his ugly face in the News smiling at us... I bet he thinks we are retards... let’s prove him right... Yey for war with Iran... lets all sign up...

[edit on 2-7-2008 by (^_^)]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by alienj

Actually you're buying the U.S. propaganda. The Iranian Government is far from collapse. There are no underground resistances, just in their dream. Iran is one of the peaceful country in the last years. It's in the crosshair, because the Jews want to see them dead. That's all.

Iran is the most beautiful country in the Middle East. They have rules, death penalty for killing, abusing, raping and corruption... yes, that's maybe strange, but many in EU are believing, it would be better to use these rules too to wipe out the thief Zionists once and for all.

Iran has a great culture and a beautiful past, what the Destroyer of the Worlds, Israel and the Zionists wants to eliminate. Everything what you heard about Iran is a lie. Everything what you heard about the Iranian president is a lie.

And what you forgot, Iran maybe one of the country, which didn't make any wars in the last 20 years against their neighborhood. Just the Mossad and the U.S. intelligence fabricated some nice evidence against them due to the pressure of AIPAC and Israel. Of course you may say there are evidences that Iran is shipping weapons to Iraq. But here is my question for this. Have you ever seen Iranian weapon cache, which had large ENGLISH words saying: SHIPPED FROM IRAN. Yes. You might be seen them in the news. But most of the evidences are written in English. Why? Because all the sheep in the U.S. need to read the fabricated evidence too and believe it. Just a reminder. The Iranians are writing on Arabic, from left to right and not on English. So, do you believe that if Iran is making a covert operation, selling weapons to their neighbors, and to give a chance to the low IQ U.S. Marines, they're going to paint to the cache in English, SHIPPED FROM IRAN? I hope you don't believe in this too.

And about Democracy. Ask the member countries about Democracy. They want something else, because Democracy is a Zionist lie and delusion, nothing more. That's why the EU will slowly fall apart. We don't want Democracy too. We don't want Zionist control. We're going to banish them and send them back to the Red Sea, just now they're not going to divide it.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The technology really doesnt matter. The Germans had the technological advantage throughout most of WWII and were still beaten. I really hate to use a cliche' but its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog and people fighting for their homeland, friends, and family will definitely have the most fight in them.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by (^_^)

Wow slow down I dont believe this was a Bush bashing forum this was on Irans military defense. Btw USA will never instigate war with Iran, more than likely Israel will launch a early stike on Iran to take out their nukes and yes they have nuclear facilitys, they say they have them, they boast about having them. Our problem is once Isreal engages them then we will be dragged in because we cannot let the hundreds of Nuclear Weapons fall into terrorists hands. Since this isnt the Bush rant forum I wont say much, but give the man credit, He has sustained a econmic growth and unemployment in our nation in oun of the hardest times since WWII and he has kept us from having another terror incident. I would have to say, if I had a choice, 1. Let hundreds maybe thousands of people die or option 2. be an unliked president, Id have to go with Option 2. He has kept us safe, the world as a whole is going to hell in a handbasket so the few years our soliders can kept somewhat peace is better than nothing. Iam thankful to live in a country where I can say and do what I want, where my daughter has a chance to grow up and be whatever she wants, a country that gives me a chance no matter what. I have more freedoms in the United States than I would have in any other country on this Earth. I dont understand why native born Americans take so much for granted. Being able to leave your door open at night and let the breeze in, not fearing that if you get sick, even the slightest it could mean death. That you can walk to a grocery store and just pick up food. That the goverment gives you money for food, not some other country has to come in and give you aid and then have your goverment steal it from you. Omg not to mention schools, or even something as common as clean water. This country gives so much to its people and by far its leader are a thousand times less corupt than most countries.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join