It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starlike objects that move strangely in the sky

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

Yes most people refuse to believe UFOs.
I have shown a couple people a closer obvious blinking UFO that stayed in one spot for a few seconds then warped to another spot, it was flashing a white light every 4 seconds or so , it then blasted out of the sky upwards past the clouds leaving a trail, I think it was looking at us with our camp fire.
The 2 people I showed this too just turned around and told me "Its just a helicopter or a plane". I was shocked at their stubborn disbelief.
There are still a lot of people with bad eye sight that just can't see them at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

My camrea is older a JVC GR-DVL510

support.jvc.com...

I have a lens that doubles the zoom.
It just a matter of having enough light to see UFO's because I can berly pick up normal stars when its too dark.

I think I need a infrared cam

yes an IR cam would be great for this kind of viewing. But I think if you took your camera turned it on, hold a white piece of paper infront of it for 30 seconds and then try focusing on a star, zoom in slightly (but i advise not to use digital zoom because that pixelates the image far too much) then i think u maybe able to get something.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Thanks for the Thread. My family and I have noticed this same anomaly for the last several weeks.

Since we live in the mountains and have little to no night-light except for the moon, we see everything going on up there as clear as day.

My wife and I have gotten into the habit of getting up at 2 am just to watch the 'show'. It's pretty great, but can't help but to wonder when it will evolve into something more than just nice to look at.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspended
I've also seen these star-like objects moving around in the night sky and thought that they were probably satellites and such like. However, there's a part of me that wants to believe they're something exotic.

So what tools would an astronomy expert recommend that would help me deny ignorance? Also, if budget permits, I might like to capture something to share with you experts for analysis.

Cheers guys

[edit on 2/7/2008 by Suspended]

Hi, try this www.heavens-above.com to track where the ISS is and also satellites..... and also download this free astronomy software www.stellarium.org... it shows u where all the stars, constellations and planets are in the sky.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

i wanted to buy the red one camera.

red one

i have inherited some money and was willing to pay the $20.000 for the perfect cam... ´next delivery is in december they have to many backorders.. i guess thats too late for me

hmm but again maybe i can find some cheaper way, there is a company in russia developing a 500fps i repeat a 500fps 1200 x1024 camera.

the link is here.

www.fastvideo.ru...

put this behind a telescope or combine shots to retreive as much light as possible..

i wrote them a mail,

first i though of buying a sony camera but the red one seemed to overclass in certain waits, the sony i looked at had a price tag of £20.000 but could film at 0.004 lux.

but for these stars maybe a good lower end hd camera can capture even the faintest ones in a dark area.

in the city i think you need that red one or a high end sony

[edit on 2-7-2008 by skywatch]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Yeah I'm going to try that.
I'll also try filming just as its getting dark, but I don't think I have spotted any UFO's before dark.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In

Thanks for the Thread. My family and I have noticed this same anomaly for the last several weeks.

Since we live in the mountains and have little to no night-light except for the moon, we see everything going on up there as clear as day.

My wife and I have gotten into the habit of getting up at 2 am just to watch the 'show'. It's pretty great, but can't help but to wonder when it will evolve into something more than just nice to look at.

Yes i find myself doing the same thing, I wait up looking forward to the show but at the same time I wonder why they are there. They seem to be getting braver and braver and I feel sometime in the future they will come even closer, and maybe even make contact. Who knows if that contact will be friendly or the start of an invasion. I keep having strange dreams ever since I started to see them and some of these dreams had fighting and war.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Yes i seem to see them mostly when its dark although Saturday I see one. And it looked like it was playing or studying a cloud. It then shot off and disappeared really fast.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by skywatch

I'll help you look around the net to find a good camera thats not on such a long back order.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Over time your eyes will adjust or just gain more senses and you will notice every time you look up in the sky there's at least 50-100 of them in the sky at any given time. Thats a lot and I still wonder what they are doing, abducting people? I don't think there just looking at us night after night from a distance.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Im in the uk and see them all the time, i saw a couple last night when there was a break in the clouds. They are not satelites, nor planes and its so true that they seem to appear when you are looking for them. When i see them i get a really strange feeling of excitement and fear. I dont use anything but my naked eye to look at the night sky, its just me and my eyes looking through the bedroom window every night. I wonder what they are?!!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
everybody who is also seeing this daily or have seen it before

PLEASE FLAG THIS THREAD

i like to get as many eyes starring back at these "stars"

hey we need a new name for ... ufs.. (unidentifyed flying stars)

im getting tired of the star synomenoma.. (how do you spell that...)

or i hope they are just lucky stars we need some luck... but then again that i would say is one billion to one.

they are up to something or maybe we just live in the middle of a superhighway for .... -flying stars... ??

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by buds84

I replaced my panasonic for a sony.. and what a diference it made.. sony have much better visibility of a night.. the infra red function is a bit useless though as it only sees up to a few meters away..the steadyshot mode is good and helps eliminate most of the shake on full zoom.. added a telephoto lens which gives me around 50x zoom

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
soulstone, if u want a starting place to observe, i scan the sky from the crux constilation in the south, along the eastern side of the sky up to the big dipper and see these often, usaly appere in the SE to me , they move from SE to N around the big dipper handle and vanish. they are usaly moving ridiculusly fast. even if u have no telescope, a simple pair a binoculors will help u track them alot easyer then ur eye, since they seem to be varing brightness they can get drowned out in the sky with your eyes, but binocs can see them well.
i rarely scan the western sky, but on occation have seen a few moving from the area around arcturs, towrd the big dipper.Also pay attention to the stars that are triangular. I find i always see some if i pay attention to triangular start formations.
as to y people dont report or u dont hear it in the news,the same reasons u stated in ur first few post is a reflection of most people as a whole.They do see them, but instead of study, they write them off as sattilites.Its much easier to swallow them being a sattilite or a plane or anything but a ufo,so people just fool themself cuse it easyer to swallow. ignorance is bliss.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed these UFO's sometimes stay close to each other in 2 or 3's? and they sometimes make a triangle shape. They also park themselves near a brighter real star in a position that makes it look like a triangle constellation.

Also has anyone noticed when there are 2 or 3 close to each other they swirl around each other like they are playing tag or something? sometimes there flying looks like they are playing around.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Just like to say I have also seen these star like things moving in the sky, sometimes they are hard to see, you really have to focus to spot them. But they are most definitely moving! lol

I would guess most cameras would have a hard time capturing them, what kind of camera would be good for night stars?

[edit on 2-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicTraveler

I may have to invest in a sony my next pay, my JVC was given to me for free and I think its from year 2000 or before

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
Has anyone noticed these UFO's sometimes stay close to each other in 2 or 3's? and they sometimes make a triangle shape. They also park themselves near a brighter real star in a position that makes it look like a triangle constellation.

Also has anyone noticed when there are 2 or 3 close to each other they swirl around each other like they are playing tag or something? sometimes there flying looks like they are playing around.

yes iv seen this.... as i mentioned in my opening post, I see these star like objects move into a formation that looked like a dot to dot of some weird craft. They then started wobbling and stopped still..... 2 of these lights then broke off and headed north in a straight line, the back one lit right up and they both faded out.

Also last year I noticed to lights that looked like stars swirling around each other.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by devareous
....Also pay attention to the stars that are triangular. I find i always see some if i pay attention to triangular start formations.

for some reason i do the same and there is a lot of triangular formations to the "left" of the big dipper.
yesterday i saw a huge triangle made be 3 stars... this time stars.. like fixed in the sky stars.. it was almost as big as the dipper to the left of the arm. a perfect triangle.. i will look for it again tonight. but the usual triangles i see are smaller constelations
sorry for the speeling of that las word if its not right (;

i dont know why i look at the triangular formations, i guees it makes me wonder that they are so perfect triangles

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Anyone ever seen these things appear to kind of wobble while moving?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join