It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starlike objects that move strangely in the sky

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hi, this is my first post on this forum. Pardon my writing, i even suck with my own langueage, so sorry for that. (btw, I also posted parts of this post in the Strange lights in LA topic!)

Recently I started to see many freaky things. It started on July the 13th. There were three stars (my girlfriend noticed four) and they where lighted like al the other stars, except these moved in opposite directions of each other. So when the upper star was moving up, the lowest was going even lower, and then they returned to their rightful position, this kept going on for over an hour and I have to admit it amazed me! Although I used to be into this stuff. Born in 76, Belgium, at age of six I already read a Bermuda triangle book tree time or so! Obviously I was also attracted to the other similar occurrences. But as it came to me, over time (and believe me, I think I lost my beliefs in the late nighties (probably with the success of the X-files which me used to love, but since the series also created a bigger side of none believers whom saw the series too serious!) And since I had over al that time never seen credible evidence I lost my believes and interests (although recently from time to time I looked at some vids but since I always wanted to see prove on first sight (own eyes of course)

But then the moving stars occurred and since then my eyes rarely leaves the sky (in the way that is possible of course, since a got a wife and two children a job as chief editor and games journalist and other hobbies) Firs tthing I did was running down to the pc, to report my UFO at UFOmeldpunt.be. But it seems the interest on UFO’s in our country is as good as zero. But I found other stuff. First thing that caught my mind was the Nibiru story ,one of the rare things I somehow missed when I was younger. Then it moved on to more realistic stuff to be back at wich I loved most, a bit of everything!

Now, before you go start thinking I got way of topic. The lights in the Sky. Yesterday, wel very early this morning 6 pm, the sun was rising when I also noticed strange flashes in the sky above the clouds. No sound at al. Last Thursday it was the same, big flashes in a cloud that looked like a typical thundercloud but somehow there was no sound at all (which is not something I never saw before, but still, it looked way closer) But this morning, I was filming cause I was looking at five am to a strange sight in the sky. Together with a friend whom saw the exect same stuff! When I tried to film it, it was already getting to clear for me and especially the cam to notice the stars! But still, I kept looking and searching for things out of the ordinary. The the flashes started. I think I counted 7 or so, but it was probably more since I didn’t keep looking al the time (was also surfing the web).

As I said earlier, I keep watching and filming the sky as much as I can. And I find it unbelievable that in my first 31 years of living I never saw something big in the way of “Wow, this is definitely sumfing!!!” but somehow (like it’s a gift or curse, cause its starting to drive my girlfriend nuts, even my eldest son of six is starting to get scary with stories he hears fro m time to time from his old man. Ofcourse, I get confused, why would there be hundreds of people who want to see and believe, never see anything, and me, even on daytime, I can spot stuff! Things from moving lightorbs (especially on day) but also circle formed electric-look-alike-colored objects wich zap from one place to another close by.

To be honest, its not healthy anymore the way I respond to al of this, its getting a real obsession on which my grip is getting loser and loser on until I lose all grip! Who knows one day I build some place with smashed potatoes! :p (just joking) but serioulsly, I hope to find some answer and somehow I would like to belief, but settling with the option of accepting that huge battleships and or/ planets which we should see, but only believers do on some occasions, satan or whatever (although, hmmm) are coming on a pronounced date 2012, I don’t know, that’s not my cup of cake. I can belief lots of stuff, but buildings on the moon (why can’t we see them nor any traffic, from or to the moon). A phenomena I see lots recently is lights in the sky. (I know, my friends and family are having a hard time too believing the fact I really see all that stuff on just mere two months.)

Like yesterday, as mather of fact, right now there are some light adjudgementations in the sky above he clouds, but its to light to capture on the camera, and a picture wil not explain nor do justice. Im not even experiencing them as “Woaw, that is something you never see twice” but still, there were no clouds at all and when I saw topics with (strange lights/ light went out) it caught my attention! I was filming during the time of these flashes (I suspect it will be metroids/asteroids) I will check later if these are visible since I didn’t film much upward (was straight above me way high in the sky!) and you know that, people tend to see flashes in the corners of their eyes especially when you are tired. That’s why I didn’t have something like “lets film those flashes” and when I started to realize it did happen it was almost over . Still if I got something ill upload the movie!

So that’s a good start and I think I covered now so a roughly 60% of my past two month experiences. If anyone got a suggestion where to post these experiences in other topics (I just discovered ATS 1 week ago) feel free to let me know.

Grifter out

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter.be

Thank you for your contribution Grifter. I believe you have found the correct thread to discuss what you are seeing without being ridiculed. We have/are seeing things also.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have seen the same thing.
It's been happening in the sky near my house for 2 nights in a row now...

Spike

ps:I'm going out for a smoke and to watch whatever it is some more.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Spike Spiegle]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Just seen another one which I "think" was actually a satellite

Was out having a smoke as usual with a couple of passenger jets flying over when out of the sky came a moving solid light, it was passing from South to North direction heading towards the Big Dipper. It did flare up twice where the light became more like a searchlight than a light in the sky. After the final flare up it faded away out of sight.

Checked the web for satellite trackers and came across a nifty website better than the Heavens Above website and shows live tracking of satellites via google maps it's www.n2yo.com... and it does verify that a satellite was passing along the trajectory I saw the light and at the correct time.

I'm also beginning to think that the lights I have been seeing where only satellites as they all stick to a fixed trajectory and don't move like something not in a orbit would do!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

Ok....this is so strange!!!! For the last month or so Ive seen the exact same stars....the formation looks similar to a kite.
It is August 25th 2008 around 140am, I looked to the same spot that it appears around this time. I work nites so Im getting home then, and there it is!!!!! But not every nite it shows. The lights dim and some lights have faintly showed around the formation, some are burts of lights. Too weird, Could there be someone else out there????
I should mention it is positioned to the east and leans towards the south literally.
Tammy
Saskatoon, SK Canada

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
this fleet is amazing,

here is the link to the now active russian fleet of ufo's
www.abovetopsecret.com...

just thought that the "moving stars" resemble the "moving orbs" in these fleet formations quite a bit.

if you havent read this thread from the begining, please read it!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've been reading ATS for weeks now, but had to create an account today so that I could reply to THIS thread!

I also see these starlike things across the night sky.

Around 4 years ago, we were in Mesquite, NV, and kinda joked about being "close" to Area 51, so "let's go UFO hunting"!! The kids thought we were insane- so we waited til it was dark, and went up the freeway about 10-12 miles, to the middle of nowhere, and found a nice dark road, very few cars were traveling. We were really going out to watch the lightning storm in the distance..................but, started seeing all kinds of things over us! (thats a whole 'nother thread!) We've been skywatching ever since!

I saw them when we lived in CA, and now living in UT.

There is no mistaking them for airplanes. I've tried a few times to track satellites via web sites, etc, and they don't match up with what we see. I've also watched things like Iridium flares, and this is nothing like that. I also read, that most satellites are only visible the first 2 hours after the sun goes down, so I try to avoid skywatching until a little later in the night.

I'll probably lay outside tonight, we do this on the weekends very often! We take the air mattress out back, we don't have too much light pollution here.

They look like stars, but they're moving FAST. What I see, there is no need to "plot" anything etc. I think that could be misleading, because the stars do "move"--- well, the earth rotates, right? But there's no need with these, they fly across the sky over the course of maybe a minute or so- sometimes they fade out. Some nights, we see NOTHING.....other nights, we've counted up to 11-12 in maybe, 2 hours, that we lay outside.

Only in the last few months, have I seen something different, that someone else mentioned---- flashing. And this is NOT a strobe on an airplane................. one night, it was after midnight, I THOUGHT I saw a flash out of the corner of my eye, and dismissed it. The next night, my husband was sitting on the back porch with me, and we both caught the flash of light, so I told him about the night before. We were watching the sky, but NOTHING. But then, maybe, 30 seconds later, and several miles north, FLASH...FLASH FLASH.....and gone. We've seen something similar to that 3 times now.

Two weeks ago, myself and my 12 year old daughter were on the air mattress. She watches with me all the time, and while she thinks its "weird", it's not something new to her. We saw something we hadn't seen before though.............I don't think words will do it justice, but I'll try-- it was a VERY bright and VERY white light, and it was lower in the sky than what we usually see- and it was moving so fast, it had a bit of a tail behind it. It was moving northward. I pointed and almost yelled to my daughter to look at it, within maybe, 3 seconds, it was very fast, it was just GONE, and almost as fast as we started to say, "what happened", to the west, was a HUGE flash of light. Neither of us had our eyes focused that way though, as we were looking towards the north, so we don't know exactly what the flash looked like------------ but it was different enough to scare the heck out of my daughter for a good while!!

My camera, a lil canon digital...it's new, but my excitement went away quickly when I realized, it can't focus on the stars when I try to take video. GRR!

My grandfather is supposed to be sending me a telescope he doesn't use anymore.... if he only knew why I REALLY wanted it so badly..heh!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by angelique5

Thank you angelique5, that was a very interesting post, good observations.

Many folks are convinced all we've been seeing are satellites. I don't think they're ALL satellites.....and you don't think so either...do you?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
First sightings could be satellites from your description, and the amazing one could be a comet igniting, then exploding and sending pieces in different directions, but I'm going from what I read. I'm gonna keep watchin' this one man, get us some footy!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hi I stay in the west coas of Scotland and i regulary lye in my room looking up at the stars. Nearly every time i look long enough, i see stars moving either slowly or quickly across the sky. Tonight though was the most i've ever seen, at one point i actually witnessed a group of 3 in a triangular shape moving together, with the one at the point of the triangle leading the other 2. I first thought these things were satellities or comets but the pattern in which they move, and the amount of times it happens has made me really really wonder. I really wish more people would look up into the sky and take notice cause some weird things are happening up there at night that a lot of people dont know about.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
- - - i actually witnessed a group of 3 in a triangular shape moving together, with the one at the point of the triangle leading the other 2.

That will probably have been one of the NOSS trio satellites. These are military platforms orbiting in sets of three. Well spotted. You must have a nice dark location there.

WG3

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wow this is very intresting i have seen a shooting star before... maybe that could even of been a ufo

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Not sure if everyone is aware of this, but the best eye witnesses to stars moving in the sky with no chance for rebuttal that they were satellites were none other than the passengers on Christopher Colombo's voyage to the Americas in 1492.

On top of other unexplained happenings, the most telling is the following entry from Sept 17, 1492: A star moved from its place, but the compass needle stayed stationary! There are several such entries I believe, and I'm sure even Chris Columbo thought it very strange.

Also of note, did you know that we here at ATS are not the only world conquerers trying to find out what all these UFOS are about.

While attempting to cross a river in India, Alexander The Great records two great silver shields, spitting fire around the rims that dove repeatedly at his army. It panicked the elephants, horses, and men so much so, that they had to abandon the crossing until the next day.

Run for your lives, it's two giant flying shields!

So now all you scoffers try and debunk the 'moving stars' seen by the navigator on Chris Columbos ship...gotcha.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
NB...

-This is still occuring,
-This thread, and every video and text in it is still relavant.

also, another phenonoma is combining,
false fixed stars and reoccuring flashes in the night sky is also being observed.

please go outside and look at the stars, if you never tried before, -try to learn the night sky and where the stars and their constaltions are, this will keep you occupied till you see the moving stars.
-or the flashes of light..

ps. please read all thread if you didnt do it before

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3

On top of other unexplained happenings, the most telling is the following entry from Sept 17, 1492: A star moved from its place, but the compass needle stayed stationary! There are several such entries I believe, and I'm sure even Chris Columbo thought it very strange.

Easily explained!, it was a satellite!!

Haha just joking, but I wonder and advanced ancient people leaving satellites behind, could that be possible!? haha just messing.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by skywatch

We saw a very bright flash that lasted less than a split second in the Northwestern sky above Fresno last wednesday night and not 2 minutes after we saw the flash we saw a star ufo that was double the size of what we have regularly been seeing. Lower altitude maybe?? It was extremely bright and moving towards the direction we had seen the flash We followed it for about 40 seconds or a minute i guess then it blinked once and was gone.

My girlfriend and I still go out every night and watch the sky for at least a half hour to an hour. 4 out of 5 times we see the starlike ufos. The travel in all directions, there seems to be no certain time or schedule they follow, and they are not satalites. I've been tracking several satalites that pass over northern california and these lights everyones been discussing in this thread are not satalites. Well a couple of them were but not all

I still check this thread regularly and look forward to hearing about more people finally seeing these things. They are up there you just have to be patient and watch.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Hey thanks for the info, I wonder how do you tell the difference between the starlike ufo and satellites? Was it the satellite tracker website, is there any other sings to figure it out, except for the obvious wobbles, change directions crazy movements etc lol.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I just hopped on the net and typed in strange lights in the sky. What you have explained is "exactly" what i've experienced.

Around 18years ago i walked out of my parents shed and just happened to look up at the sky. I cant say i do this much. Actually its quite rare for me to look into the stars. When i looked up i saw a flicker of a star and thought it odd. So i continued to watch. What i observed to this day has spooked the friggen hell out of me.

What i saw was a cluster of stars around 5 or 6 in total they were very close to each other and at first they looked just like ordinary stars.

After the flashing, I noticed one of them move slightly. At first i thought i was just seeing things and clasped my eyes shut and opened them again. I thought it may have been because i just walked out of my shed and i was still dazled by the light from inside. This light just continued to move around the other stars. It kept stopping and starting. I then thought it may be that i was seeing a light which was close up mixed in with actual stars. I then went and leant against the house so i could steady my head. This was so i could eliminate any of these sorts of issues. The light kept moving

The lights seemed to be changing colours they were mainly white light but every once and a while one would glow red or green or even dissapear for a second or two. I observed this strange light moving around relative to the other stars. I was so geeed up i ran inside to grab the video camera. I got it fire up and filmed the sky.

At the time of filming i thought i'm gonna make the news, but it turns out all you could see was black sky and some idiot talking to the camers saying things like this is freaky. Any way the camera didnt work and no 15 mins of fame for me.

I was starting to think this was a phenomonen which was easily explained.
You know temprature inversion distorting refracted light blah blah

This is when i saw something truly freaky!
one of the other stars started moving and this time it was rapid and very defined. It darted back and forth then a third star seemed to appear moving as well from out of the black. The lights seemed to be fighting each other. there were flashes of light and i could swear they were shooting at each other. No sooner had they been spinning around each other and flashes going off it stopped. The light that was originally moving had dissapeared along with the one which just appeared on the scene.

Then it was over and they were stars again. For several weeks and months i would camp outside hoping to see this again and never did. I still look up at the stars hoping to see the same thing again.

This all happened in my back yard in Walkerville South Australia. I was looking over the mount lofty ranges towards the centre of Australia. I dont believe in little green men. I actually believe it was some military thing. But i cant help thinking it wasnt any military stuff i know of>

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I saw exactly the same lights on Saturday night at around 12pm UK time
was very interesting and did not "feel" like they were man made

Valorian

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join