It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starlike objects that move strangely in the sky

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Ok I understand. But I still don't know or even heard of anyone seeing things or "thought" they saw things from smoking weed.

There are reasons why you can't see them, just try to take my word.
Where do you live? If I am deep in the city with a lot of lights its hard for me to see the UFO's.

How good is your eye sight compared to your friends?
One of my friend has horrid eye sight so he can only spot the bigger motherships that are closer.

Depending on where you live they might not be around that area at this time.
When I first started seeing them I didn't tell anyone because I wasn't sure, a few weeks later I showed 2 friends they were able to see it right away.

just a few weeks after this they all went away and we could not see any UFO's at all for 4 months then they started coming back for about a year then went away for 2 months without a trace.
Then they came back again this time more than ever.
So they might just be out of the area.

But try to stair at the more faded stars a bit better not the obvious bright ones.
You will eventually see them.

I just wonder if anyone has looked at the stars and spotted UFOs after reading this thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
I just wonder if anyone has looked at the stars and spotted UFOs after reading this thread.

Yes me as I've described. Since reading this thread I've been looking at the sky alot more so it's no wonder I've seen 4 or 5 in the past week

I've not seen most of what you describe though which is exactly why I've questioned you to get to the truth. As for the weed thing, what do you think the hightened perceptions is ? And the paranoia ? You don't have to neccesarily see things that aren't there to hallucinate

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Yeah I wanted to know if all the explaining that me and the other posters did on how to actually spot the UFO's worked for anyone and wasn't all wasted effort.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

I dunno man I've just been looking at the sky more than I used to, the light pollution is bad where I live and there's a street light right outside my house so it makes it hard seeing most of the stars although I can easily see the main constellations.

These lights I've been seeing though have been really intense lights like you'd expect from the search light on a police chopper except there's been no noise & the light seems to surround the object as you can see it no matter the direction the object is travelling which is unlike the police search lights. It's weird & it's kinda freaky not knowing what exactly they are

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Ok I understand. But I still don't know or even heard of anyone seeing things or "thought" they saw things from smoking weed.

Didn't I just post that I had? I never hallucinated, just the paranoia factor was going on and thus, what was something normal became abnormal.

There are reasons why you can't see them, just try to take my word.

well, if I did this than I would believe everything I have seen and heard. I have to use logic and reason here or else I am defeating the purpose of having been given a brain.

Where do you live? If I am deep in the city with a lot of lights its hard for me to see the UFO's.

I am in a prime location for sure. I have an EXCELLENT view of the sky away from light pollution. GORGEOUS view!! I see details that most in the city ooooh and awwww over when they come out for a visit!

How good is your eye sight compared to your friends?
One of my friend has horrid eye sight so he can only spot the bigger motherships that are closer.

As long as I have my contacts in (which is whenever I am out sky gazing) I have 20/20 vision.

Depending on where you live they might not be around that area at this time.

So, they only come out in certain places during certain seasons? How would you know what seasons they come out in my area. I am in the Austin area (although well on the outside of city limits). Is there a chart we can check for UFO spotting?

When I first started seeing them I didn't tell anyone because I wasn't sure, a few weeks later I showed 2 friends they were able to see it right away.

And I for one don't want to say definatively that I DON'T believe you, but I can't just say I do bc you are telling me these things. I don't know you and how smart would that be for me to take the word of some random person online?

just a few weeks after this they all went away and we could not see any UFO's at all for 4 months then they started coming back for about a year then went away for 2 months without a trace.
Then they came back again this time more than ever.
So they might just be out of the area.

you could be right, but considering the topic of discussion, most of what ppl have describe here DO fit the motif of satellites, including the videos that were posted.

But try to stair at the more faded stars a bit better not the obvious bright ones.
You will eventually see them.

again, I am out looking. I find it quite unfair that others are seeing these things and I am not. I absolutely believe that life is out there, but I just for the life of me can't seem to grasp how they are HERE so abundantly when I am scanning the heavens as often as I do.

definately power of suggestion is a great deception... I WILL give you that..

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Ok well I usually have no problem seeing them at ground level even with some lights around it is a bit harder, and when I visit my father house and we go smoking up in the backyard (house) we can still spot them.
But when in front his house it's much harder because of the street lights.
So try the backyard if you haven't already.

I have seen some of the spot light type things and they are the same ones a talked about hovering around the buildings at mid level.
They seemed like helicopters for a little bit(thought very awkward movment) the speed wasn't anything out of the ordinary until it went behind the building for a couple mins(prolly abducted someone) and floated up above the building, did an erratic wobble and swirl and then took off at warp speed or something really fast. I had a friend with me witness this. It was only when it took off we really know for sure it wasn't anything man made.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

They might be away from your area at the time.
Remember skywatch and I said for a few months at a time I just couldn't see them anymore no matter how hard I tried.

But keep trying.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

No worries! I will be! I am certainly seeing things, but all are easily explainable. Just feeling a bit left out with all the ppl in texas claiming to be seeing UFO's when I am probably out looking more than most.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

reply to post by BlasteR

I think your misunderstanding planets.
See planets don't move around and wiggle at warp speeds.

Nah there not planets, I'm talking about a lot of objects that are moving.

That is obviously tougher to explain away.. But I don't think I'm mistunderstanding planets. Objects that move at "warp speeds" have very limited normal explanations other than perhaps meteor shower if you are seeing the same thing over and over..

en.wikipedia.org...

As you can see the perseids are pretty active right now.. This is actually their peak time of year in fact.

But other than that there is nothing I can even think of that could explain what you are seeing..

In my last post, I was replying to your post about how you would see objects that stand completely still and then the next night they are not there. So I was implying that planets would be one possible explanation.

I still think that a star map would help you out just to get an idea of what area of sky these objects are if nothing else.. That way later on you can even cross reference which part of which constellation the object was in against known locations of those constellations at certain times and days.. That way you can actually not only know which constellation the objects are in, but also which exact point in the sky the object was from your point of reference. You could even keep a journal of this information and plot on a giant star map each object you are seeing and note the date/times etc.. You might even be able to determine what the optimum time to view the objects is based on such analysis and perhaps even predict where in the sky they will be..

Just kind of depends on how much you want to put into it.

-ChriS

[edit on 30-7-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 30-7-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

reply to post by BlasteR

Use that laser pointer when you finally start to see UFO's and point it at them, flash it 3 times over and over and you will see the UFO start screwing around and might even flash light right back in your face.

It's intersting that you say that.. My very first UFO sighting occurred in 1992 when I was in the 8th grade in NorthEast Oklahoma. It was in october, and just as it became twilight me and my friend were joking around swaying a flashlight in the air in a figure 8 and writing things like S.O.S. in the air with the flashlight..

Later that night at about 9pm we were playing on my grandmothers back porch when I suddenly noticed a massive elliptical object with 4 different colored lights. I stepped outside and my heart literally sank because I knew exactly what I was seeing when I saw it.. It was West of me by probably 2 or 3 miles moving extremely slow in a due-North direction.

The 4 lights were yellow and blue and would change color and alternate. But no other lights than the 4 around the perimeter. The actual massive size of the object was apparent by the large are of stars it blotted out. The actual details of the object I don't know, but I can say that due to the lights and due to the Silhouette of the object I could tell it was not normal.. It made no sound, it moved probably 15-20 mph North, and it was probably about 2-300 feet off the ground.

I saw it with my friend and my 2 grandparents. My grandfather was a fighter pilot in the Air Force for 20 years and flew F-100's in vietnam. He had no explanation for what we saw other than perhaps it was some kind of slow-moving helicopter.. But I can tell you right now it was no helicopter.. We watched it for probably 40 minutes total.. After that it was so far North that we couldn't see it very well.

I believe this one is also on the MUFON website along with the other one from 1995 I mentioned previously in the thread that was witnessed by almost everone in my family.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Great point about the meteors. That does sound like a very plausible explanation. I have seen extremely bright ones here lately that leave trails and you can even hear a faint fizzle sound on some of them. A couple weeks ago my friend and I saw (what I would call) a "bouncing" meteor..... one that looks like it is bouncing off of something (completely changes the direction it is going in........... and before the "smot pokers"
in here tell me it wasn't a meteor, I assure you, it was). Some pretty awesome sights out there for sure!! I am betting this may account for some of what you are seeing and you don't realize it because "pete" (what we used to call our "smoke" back in the day) had ya a bit on the paranoid side.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Ok you've told us your views over and over again, we all know your opinion. We understand where your coming from. But I think your starting to be a little too much now lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
these recent threads seems to be about the same kind of observasions:

Mystery Lights over Moscow Skies
www.abovetopsecret.com...

MYSTERIOUS silent flash in the SOUTH EAST

Moving Star or UFO what was that i saw?

[edit on 3-8-2008 by skywatch]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywatch
these recent threads seems to be about the same kind of observasions:

Mystery Lights over Moscow Skies

MYSTERIOUS silent flash in the SOUTH EAST

Moving Star or UFO what was that i saw?

[edit on 3-8-2008 by skywatch]

Yes and I've seen other threads too, and new ones now.

Keep looking at the sky guys.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Heres a funny story as of this morning at work. showed up at about 5:00am and the first thing my partner say to me before we start the job is that him and 3 other guys all saw a ufo. He was approaching me pretty strait forward and this is a person i trust, but at the same time he was embarrassed to spill the beans because he thaught i wouldnt believe. i asked him what it looked like and where he saw it and he described it the exact same way we've described our starlike ufo's. Exactly how the conversation went down:
Dale "It was real bright, brighter than a star"

Me "What color was it?"

Dale "Bright, really bright whitish yellow, almost exactly like a star but clearly it wasnt a star because it was hauling ass"

Me "Where??? what part of the sky did it come from???"

Dale " It didnt come from anywhere, it just appeared! it appeared in the middle of the sky and started off as fast as i've seen anything go towards the west."

"Towards or away from the big dipper?"

Dale" It effing appeared right next to the big dipper and than shot off to the west seconds later. It effing disapeared before it got to the horizon, didnt fade out, i mean it just effing was gone man."

Me" yeah i know brother, i see them almost every night,"
Dale "seriously??"

Me" yeah seriously, i believe you man, with out second hesitation."

Any way 2 of the 3 other guys that saw it are also carpenters and i talked to them too, they all saw it, actually freaked one of em out pretty good.

I proceeded to tell them all while we were eating lunch that theres quite a few people on the internet talkin about these things and that they should check into it for themselves. I also went on to tell them if they want to see one again all they need to do is watch the sky at night

I thought it was pretty neat that i was finally able to be on the other side of the coin this time. Usually its myself who's seen these ufo's at night trying to convince people that are defiantly denying me no matter what i say, telling me i must be on acid and crap responses like that. I gotta tell you it felt good to just look my partner in the eye and tell him i've seen them too. You could tell he was instantly at ease about talking about it, not worried he was gonna get ridiculed for seeing something.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Great story

I love all these stories, it only keeps backing up this whole thread, anyone who reads this and has seen these objects, please do post your experience, that way this thread can become even more solid.

Myself I see 1 object every night that the sky is clear, I'm in london so that's not many nights
, but when it's clear I check out the sky, usually within 10-30 mins I spot one.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Im going with what Blaster says and that atleast the ones im seeing are indeed that of satellites and that of the ISS
for the bright ones.. with the recent ones ive filmed the heavens above site shows that the ISS did make a pass
and traveled in the same direction although i am seeing them around 5-10 minutes earlier than predicted.. so yeah
im going with satellites for the ones im seeing..

s292.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I saw something intereting tonight. My wife and I were out for a walk about 10.15pm in Spain, on he Costa del Sol. We both saw something that looked like a really bright star flying overhead, it had a slight wobble from side to side and semmed to slow down and speed up randomly - not like a satellite and then as it moved into the distance the light either dimmed or just got smaller really fast and disappeared. Glad to see it

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

hi there. im so glad im not alone! i witnessed these star like objects twice. both times when me and my girlfriend where laying out in the backhard the first time i dismissed it thought my eyes where decieving me but last night i saw something again that has me asking myself questions.. i saw two objects that looked identical to a star in the sky barely visable to the human eye but they where both moving farely quick heading north, at a very high allitude. not planes cuz planes have a light that flashes constatly this was something else! i just dont understand it! and i want answers! could it be ufos? so so high up moving quickly 2 of them right behind each other planes dont fly that close to each other&they looked exactly like a star. whats going on here? please someone tell me!!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Buds started a new thread with some compelling video. I was hoping it would end up in here. He says he has them on video doing maneuvers around one another. I can't wait to see these.

Bumping.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join