It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starlike objects that move strangely in the sky

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicTraveler

I've been looking at your videos and to me they look alot like satellites or other man-made objects in low earth orbit like the ISS. They are so bright that they appear to be reflecting the sun's light and even though it is nighttime the sun can still be hitting the satellites much further up in a Low Earth Orbit. Some satelittes are so reflective that they can actually be blindingly bright for short periods if the angles are right. You could quite possibly even be seeing the ISS transiting across the sky and from the look of the videos whatever this is seems extremely bright.. If you notice you almost see no other stars, save for a few. That's how bright that thing was.. That is more indicitave of a satellite/the ISS something like that..

There are a few explanations to why the object would suddenly change brightness like for a couple seconds and then return to it's normal brilliance. The most likely culprit is obviously high altitude clouds and even though it might appear to be a clear night that doesn't mean there aren't thin clouds higher up. I don't buy the moon's shadow explanation you explained in your post either just because of the fact that it happens multiple times and since this thing is generally moving in a straight trajectory. Something moving in a straight trajectory is not going to pass through the moon's shadow multiple times and it wouldn't be that short-lived of a dimming but would be much more pronounced.. AND, if the object were in the moon's shadow then it likely wouldn't be reflecting light back to earth at all (although its possible).. But we see in the video clip that it always seems to reflect the sun's light back towards the camera even though it does dim down a bit. Just some things to ponder...

I never saw the object change trajectory but satellites don't always go in a straight line either.. I won't get into the many kinds of satellites and their orbital patterns but here in Alaska, for example, the satellites sometimes transit across in more or less a huge arc just due to where Alaska is geographically on the earth and the shape of the earth in general. But some satellites even down in the lower-48 may display an arc-like trajectory just depending on the satellite itself and it's orbital pattern. This object in your video(s) seems to always be traveling at the same general velocity (quite accurate to what I've seen with other satellites actually) and the same general direction..

And if you think you might even be seeing the same object over and over that is also quite possible, again, just depending on the orbit of the object. For example, if you are seeing the same kind of objects over and over during, say, a 5 night period, that could just be because of how the object transits around the earth and possibly even coincidentally being in the exact same spot at the exact same time..Although actually knowing if this is the same object you are seeing over and over again is pretty impossible unless you can somehow use the process of elimination to rule out ALL the possibilities by researching and cross-referencing the dates and times against the known satellites and their transit cycles(I don't know anyone who really wants to do that. To say the least it would be mind-numbing work).

I'm not trying to refute anyone's personal experiences here and I won't because I know that something unexplained is truly going on here..But this is what I see just from being someone who is an avid astronomy buff. I know that alot of people are probably stumped by what they see but not everyone really has the knowledge to comprehend the very normal explanations for what they are seeing either.. You can't rule out all the normal explanations if you don't know what the normal explanations are.

Therefore, I think what we are seeing with this particular type of UFO phenomenon is ALOT of cases of people seeing very normal things orbiting the earth and/or aircraft at high altitude (and being confused by what they see and calling it a UFO), while we have FEW people who are seeing legitimate unexplained phenomenon involving UFO's. From what I've been reading on this topic it seems that usually these star-like objects seem to appear in multiples too (and eat least from my personal experience that is completely accurate). Which isn't to say that 1 UFO wouldn't appear like this as a star-like object, it just means that the patterns of the sightings seem to correlate with people seeing multiple objects in the same general area of sky. Is this because people are more apt to notice multiple objects moving around like this instead of 1? I can't answer that..

The event myself and some of my family witnessed in 1996 was VERY different than what I'm seeing in your video clips. What we saw were multiple objects at once, sometimes dozens even, all directly above us in the sky traveling in different directions, changing velocity, changing direction, etc.. Sometimes even combining into one larger object and/or separating into multiple smaller objects (which was absolutely bizarre to witness, especially when you have upwards of a dozen people watching this with their jaws down). We watched them for hours that night and at some points they would even seem to disappear completely and some would simply pop into existence right above our heads.. They weren't extremely bright but that could just have been because of the sun's location relative to where the objects were.. But this was an extremely memorable event and one that we still even occasionally talk about.. This is all in my report of this sighting on the MUFON website..
(which I believe I referenced to earlier in the thread)

-ChriS

[edit on 27-7-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well I just saw my second one just now. I was out having a smoke at the front and it was cloudy so no stars out, I was looking around the sky as I do when I'm smoking and out popped this intense light saw it moving for about 5 or 10 seconds then the light dimmed out. Again no engine noises this time it was moving from North West to South East direction and going slightly slower than the one I saw last night. I'd really like to know though just what in the world it was, I don't think it was a plane and it definately wasn't a sattelite due to the cloud cover

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
reply to post by CosmicTraveler

I've been looking at your videos and to me they look alot like satellites or other man-made objects in low earth orbit like the ISS. They are so bright that they appear to be reflecting the sun's light and even though it is nighttime the sun can still be hitting the satellites much further up in a Low Earth Orbit. Some satelittes are so reflective that they can actually be blindingly bright for short periods if the angles are right. You could quite possibly even be seeing the ISS transiting across the sky and from the look of the videos whatever this is seems extremely bright.. If you notice you almost see no other stars, save for a few. That's how bright that thing was.. That is more indicitave of a satellite/the ISS something like that..

[edit on 27-7-2008 by BlasteR]

I am leaning toward this explanation. Again, early hours this morning I saw probably about 10-15 of these crissing crossing the sky all w/ in an hour's time and it is hard to believe that as monitered as our skies are, that there wouldn't have been some kind of man made craft up there checking it out if they were another life form.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I saw another one last night, this time going in another direction.

If it is a clear night, lie down somewhere, relax and look directly up, eventually one will appear.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Well if you look at the sky long enough you will eventually see moving satellites yes.. But what do you think you are seeing? Satellites behave in a very specific way and you can usually tell what is a satellite and what isn't.. If the thing suddenly stops directly above you and instantly moves in another direction, for example, then it is probably not a satellite.. But seeing satellites moving in opposite directions is not uncommon. Satellites have different orbital patterns for different reasons. I've even see 2 or 3 satellites going in all different directions at once.. I'm just curious if you are seeing something moving around or if you are seeing something more like a satellite where the speed and direction never changes..

I just have a feeling that what alot of people are claiming to see are satellites and just not knowing it? But I would think most people would at least research what satellites look like in the night sky first so that they can discern between what is normal and what isn't... At least I hope..

-ChriS

[edit on 28-7-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

If you read back a few pages we already ruled out satellites.
The videos CosmicTraveler posted are not satellites.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Very interesting thread and I'm glad my first post can be in it.

I work 3rd shift (10p-6am CST) in Wisconsin at an assisted living home. Over the past four weeks (minus the last 6 days, I've been off visiting family) my co-workers and I have witnessed several of these same lights. At last count we had witnessed more than 30, and all of them have been pretty similar to what CosmicTraveler has video taped.

They are not all like the lights in his videos, but like I mentioned very similar and I am hoping to just confirm that these lights are being witnessed by a few people here in Wisconsin between the hours of 10:30P till 4:30A.

I'm willing to accept that a majority of these lights are normal phenomenon, since the sheer volume of these lights would indicate as such, at least to myself, but I still watch every light we see in case they do something out of the ordinary, like weird maneuvering or what have you.

About ten of these lights have been high flying, straight trajectory lights that follow what I would think a typical satellite would do. Others seem to start off as high flying, dim lights, but move in a manner that is odd like changing course or flaring up and maintaining a light intensity that of 10-20x's the brightness of the original object.

Three of the lights we witnessed flew in formation, and I was stunned when I saw that and had to ask one of my coworkers if I was seeing things as we haven't witnessed any of the lights flying in formation prior to this. The lights were lined up almost in a straight line, with the light in front being slightly to the right and ahead of the one in the middle, with a third light trailing the two lights. The two in the front seemed to be of a similar distance in relation to each other, with the third trailing about twice as far behind the other two.

The lights flew at exactly the same speed, with one light trailing two others. the two lights in the lead seemed to be illuminating underneath another object as they gave off a glow that seemed to illuminate a darker object above it. As strange as that may sound, the two lights in the lead switched places, with the second light rotating to the left and around to the front of the first light. This rotation occurred as the object moved over our facility.

I'm not going to rule out earthly possibilities here, as we've never been able to distinguish any type of a craft other than just these lights, but it's hard to ignore all these lights we are seeing. I've tried to video tape these lights with my cell phone's camera set to night mode, but I haven't been able to pick up anything including some of the brighter stars in the sky. The only exception is that I can capture the moon on video, but being in a city with 70K+ people, there are a lot of lights and it's hard at times to track some of the lights due to street lights, buildings and what not.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by buds84

I've kept up with the thread and I have also seen ALL of those video clips.. Nothing is indicative of anything other than a satellite. The object NEVER changes speed or direction. IT does sometimes change brightness but there are very normal explanations for that as I stated before...

I can't see how you could rule out satellites if it is displaying all the characteristics of a satellite.. What is so out of the ordinary with the object in those clips?

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

The speed of a satellite is not as fast as your making it out to be, what do you think? satellites are jet propelling themselves around the sky? I know what satellites look like and they don't move that fast at all and they don't change direction.

Anyways the ones CosmicTraveler posted are not exactly the Star-like UFO's.
They are a lot closer and are moving about a bit more. Very good video I do believe they are UFO's I have seen a few of these types. The Star-like ones like to keep their position but do maneuvers on the spot at what seems to be almost light speed.

I'm still tracking them almost every night seeing non stop UFO's all over the city

I have tried with 3 different video cameras to film the Star-like ones off in the distance but I have only been able to film closer UFO's that seem like a different craft than the Star-like ones.

I think different parts of the world have different UFO's at different times of the year. This year, as Toronto is full of UFO life more than ever.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
THESE ARE NOT SATTELITES..

please "blaster" dont try to convince us anymore or make this thread go ill.

mostly they seem to be far up but sometimes they are much closer to the ground.

ive seen these change course/direction, zigzag, speed up, slow down, make a u-turn..

ive seen them sending out flashes or flickering with about 1 second intervals, going completely out in between.

seem them coming down with great speed, not moving but growing bigger moving several hundreds of miles downwards in a few seconds.

this is really serious, every night one can be seen in about 10 min of maximal wait time. most often one is allready in the sky when i go outside in the night, dont even have to wait, but to find them this quick you really need to be in a rural area with a complete open sky.

ive seen them fade away, appear out of nowhere, actually ive seen everything impossible for a conventional engine craft including coming to a standstill and just hang in the sky afterwards

they are either helping us or planning something big to occour, why else have they come this summer in such numerous numbers

blaster before i skip your next sattelite post, please go out and look to the sky, you are not giving us any benefit by concluding what we (not you) are wacthing, go to the countryside to have the best view and tell us what you see and explain your observations. if you've seen these change directions or seen them when they come closer to the earth you would newer go for the sattelite idea

these are real and its quite scary the way we are being observed or whatever the meaning is by their presence, they are much more scarier to view when they fly low like an airplane or lower.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by skywatch]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by skywatch

It really is getting scary the amount of star-like ufo's and random UFO's zapping around the sky every night.
Every night without fail on my balcony I see at least 20 without trying and if I am really looking for them I can spot about 100 in about 20 mins.
On some nights I see clusters of them zapping around each other in like a ball in one spot. When I start filming the cluster of them they produce a mist of cloud to cover themselves up. That cloud will stay there and not move for quite a while.
I also notice in the day time very strange clouds that I believe are alien space craft. They are really low to the ground compared to other clouds and they stay in the same spot for hours while the other clouds move away with the wind. I first noticed this when I was smoking on my balcony and some kids were flying a kite and the kite was just under and almost touching the strange cloud. I looked at it for a couple mins and ran inside to get my video camera, when I came back out the cloud was totally gone.

Theres thousands of UFO's in my city 24/7, I'm not sure how much in other places.

There has to be something going on.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Another trick for people having trouble seeing them is to look at a plane flying at night with its blinking lights, follow it and you will eventually see UFO's either zapping around the plane or you will see some that are trying to be hidden being exposed by the blinking lights of the plane when it's close by usually I see them kind of moving away from the plane like it's trying not to be exposed by the blinking light.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywatch
THESE ARE NOT SATTELITES..

please "blaster" dont try to convince us anymore or make this thread go ill.

mostly they seem to be far up but sometimes they are much closer to the ground.

ive seen these change course/direction, zigzag, speed up, slow down, make a u-turn..

these are real and its quite scary the way we are being observed or whatever the meaning is by their presence, they are much more scarier to view when they fly low like an airplane or lower.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by skywatch]

Why are you so adament on believing that it is anything more than a satellite? I am not saying that each one CAN be accounted for, but to say they ARE NOT you really should have on-hand information proving that it is not.

the following is an excert that proves satellites can be controlled from the ground and do some of the things you listed above.

In general, the higher the orbit, the longer the satellite can stay in orbit. At lower altitudes, a satellite runs into traces of Earth's atmosphere, which creates drag. The drag causes the orbit to decay until the satellite falls back into the atmosphere and burns up. At higher altitudes, where the vacuum of space is nearly complete, there is almost no drag and a satellite can stay in orbit for centuries (take the moon as an example).

Satellites usually start out in an orbit that is elliptical. The ground control station controls small onboard rocket motors to provide correction. The goal is to get the orbit as circular as possible. By firing a rocket when the orbit is at the apogee of its orbit (its most distant point from Earth), and applying thrust in the direction of the flight path, the perigee (lowest point from Earth) moves further out. The result is a more circular orbit.

you can find more interesting info on satellites at the link:

source

Another link that shows they can be controlled from earth:

The five satellites are positioned precisely at separate locations with the Earth's magnetosphere by their controllers at the Berkeley space lab.

source

another link talking about how some are controlled, have thrusters, and are in a low earth orbit:

www.freepatentsonline.com...

So, again, I am gonna have to say that I seriously lean as well toward these "moving stars" being satellites still. You say you are familiar w/ satellites, but a simple google search will reveal that perhaps you are not as familiar w/ them as you once thought since some of the reasons you are listing as proof that they are not satellites actually would be better proof to show that they are satellites, IMO.

I have not decided definatively whether they are ALL satellites or just some of them, but to adamently say they are NOT is to be as closed minded as someone who would say definatively that there is no life "out there."

[edit on 29-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
reply to post by skywatch

It really is getting scary the amount of star-like ufo's and random UFO's zapping around the sky every night.

There has to be something going on.

We, humans, have put up alot of things into our atmosphere and above. Here are some estimated figures if you are interested.

ask.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by BlasteR

satellites are jet propelling themselves around the sky? I know what satellites look like and they don't move that fast at all and they don't change direction.

To answer your first question, yes. lol See above links.

And in response to your statement, apparently you do not as they can move faster than you are insinuating and they can be controlled by controllers here on the ground. They can orbit or be controlled low and they can orbit and be controlled high. They have amazing technology these days.

I think this thread is great as I have learned much about satellites that I did not know prior to researching this.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I already know a lot about satellites my father works as GPS satellite technician for 20 years now. I doubt anyone here can give me any information I don't already know about satellites.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I to have scene such lights in the sky. They look the same size and everything as starts, but they are moving, at different speeds. All randomly spaced around the sky. The time i thought it weird at first was when i could see few stars in the sky, yet they were there, a load of them, moving at a slow pace.
But even if they all travel at the same speed, every night they are faster or slower than the previous night.
Ive tried to get a picture or video but they are way to small to get a picture off.

They may look the same, but i like to think (personally, dont think me crackers) that it is some being or beings monitoring us, watching us, waiting till we are ready to meet them, waiting for the right time to meet us as we are to violent etc so they wont at the moment.
I also would like to think that if they are aliens, then they are not hostile, as if they were, surley they would have attacked before or attack now as they would want to attack before our technology gets to a point of which it rivals their own. Unless they are war hungry and want to wait till we can put up a fight!

I was talking to my friend, how likes to think shes an expert, and she said that UFO's (if they are alien) might like to disguise themselves slightly, e.g. looking like stars, or the lights off planes? I dont really know this is true, as i never heard anything more on the topic.

But there is defiantly something there! Alien, Natural, i dont know.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I already know a lot about satellites my father works as GPS satellite technician for 20 years now. I doubt anyone here can give me any information I don't already know about satellites.

Way to be open minded!!
If you know all about them, why are you acting suprised by the things you are seeing and claiming that satellites can do no such things when clearly they can? Did you even look at the links I posted or are you just being adament that there is NO WAY these can be satellites?

I am confused. Do ppl on here WANT to know the truth or do they just WANT to buy into fantasies?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hello

Yesterday I was walking home with a friend here in Oslo, Norway, the time wa 2340 local time. Suddenly I saw these two bright lights moving in the sky, N-NW from our viewpoint. They were orange, and moved parallel to eachother. They were much brighter than the other stars and moved rather slow. After about 30 seconds one of the lights faded to nothing in about 5 secs and just after that the second one disappeared in the same manner. Compared to other stars, they were in between the big dipper and cassiopeia.

I have never seen anything like it, definitivly not in a orange color. The Delta Aquarids have their peek time now, but I have never heard of meteoroids or satelites that move parallel to eachother

[edit on 29-7-2008 by MrJJJ]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Way to be open minded!!
If you know all about them, why are you acting suprised by the things you are seeing and claiming that satellites can do no such things when clearly they can? Did you even look at the links I posted or are you just being adament that there is NO WAY these can be satellites?

I am confused. Do ppl on here WANT to know the truth or do they just WANT to buy into fantasies?

I refuse to believe satellites are zapping around the sky at almost light speed spinning circles around each other in clusters at these extreme speeds and stopping on a dime and changing direction instantly from right to left and up and down at what looks like over 5000 km/h and hovering around planes and taking off below clouds and then above them and also hovering around and behind buildings at the middle floors.
Not to mention doing all this at speeds no human mind can control and keep up with even in a video game.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by buds84]

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join