It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jolting tales surface of satanic rituals

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The lies and legends of "Anton" LeVay:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Jesus claimed that his purpose on earth was to bring the gospel of the Kingdom.
He also said it is not of this earth, but in your heart.
Somehow it got turned into something else.
People have put a lot of baggage on Jesus and ignore what he actually said and did.
If your religion is something in your head, that is between you and whatever divine entity you believe in.
Freedom of thought is something that should be defended, even if we do not necessarily "respect" it.
Just respecting other people, as humans with fundamental rights, should prevent us from attacking others who do not agree with us.
Just as long as no one is hurting people against their will, people should be left alone.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
reply to post by Pellevoisin

You don't actually think that Geraldo Rivera, or Gerald Rivers as I call him, is a reputable journalist do you? The only clip of Geraldo you should show is Alex Jones driving him nuts.

While I enjoy Alex Jones sending him into orbit, I cannot deny that Geraldo Rivera did a great deal of very good tele-journalistic work early in his career.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Freedom of thought is something that should be defended, even if we do not necessarily "respect" it.
Just respecting other people, as humans with fundamental rights, should prevent us from attacking others who do not agree with us.
Just as long as no one is hurting people against their will, people should be left alone.

Exactly my point from last night, I'm glad we agree.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You mean when he was opening Al Capone's empty vault or when he was getting his nose broken for angering the wrong skinheads?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You mean when he was opening Al Capone's empty vault or when he was getting his nose broken for angering the wrong skinheads?

Neither. Magic 8 ball says "Try Again."

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Why certainly, and thanks for asking, even in jest. I already alluded to the parable of the wheat and the tares, but let me be more specific as to your request.

Jeremiah 17

5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

6 For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.

7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

1 Corinthians 2

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

We are admonished to compare the teachings of our church leaders against Scripture and the truth revealed by the indwelling Holy Spirit.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

There were two holy days in the Jewish calender that week. Passover was on Thursday, the evening of the Last Supper, and the Sabbath started at sundown on Friday.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ok, so I've been surfing around on the Indigo Dawn website for a little while and I can't find one thing that would lead one to believe these people are even Satanists in the LaVeyan sense. This entire organizations seems to be nothing more than your run of the mill New Age Snake Oil salesmen.

The first page presents us with a rather Christian image. The dove, representing the Holy Spirit and the triangle representing the Trinity. None of their services or products even seem all that Pagan let alone Satanic. In fact, even the bios of the people seem to indicate they adhere to the "light side" with "white magick" than anything even close to demonic.

Here's a few quotes about the members:

Board member Alin Tiberiu Lacatus was always an activist. Born in Arad, Romania, he was raised in a Christian environment, taught to be good, ordered, loyal, honest, etc.

Before the 2003 war, Joy traveled to Iraq with the Christian Peacemaker Team to put a human face on the situation and to share with Americans the truth about the effect of the Gulf War and the imposed sanctions on the Iraqi people.

After traveling to Iraq on a peace mission

Joseph has turned the page and is teaching that which he understands and knows to others

They don't sound all that evil to me, just typical New Agers and White Magick practitioners

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Of course that is what they appear to be. Do you think they would attract many marks if they said straight out, "We will tear your soul apart?"

Satan appears as an angel of light to deceive the world.

2 Corinthians 11

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Eerily similar to the way others perceive your participation in this thread, Shadowflux. No offense, just saying.....God already knows.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

I have no problem being the Satan for this thread or for anyone else really.

Besides, it seems to me that your statement only backs up my original post. You say that not all people who claim to be Christians are in fact Christians and that we shouldn't blame any of their actions on their claim of Christianity.

I simply said that not everyone who claims to worship Satan is actually a Satanist and just because some sicko says his actions were Satanic doesn't mean we should blame his actions on Satanism.

Apparently it should be the Christians saying the same things I've been saying.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

1 Peter 2:9-10 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for you were once not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Jesus sent his disciples to meet up with the man who would show them the room, on the day of unleavened bread, that was a day of preparation.
Jesus had desired to share the passover meal with his disciples, but he knew he would not, because he, himself was to be the Passover Lamb.
When Jesus sent Judas off, they thought he was going to get things necessary for the upcoming Passover.
At the Last Supper, Jesus created something new, using leavened bread that signified the bread of prosperity and not the bread of adversity.
The bread of life.(also the bread of the table of shewbread in the sanctuary, that only the priests could eat)
My point is here is another example of how the "Official Church" got something completely wrong and then institutionalized it, and reinforced its own error and forced it onto unsuspecting people.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Your trying to give a blanket meaning to the term Satanism. Satanism has been around quite abit longer than Anthony Levy. I know the Church of Satan is not really a devil worshipping cult, etc. On the other hand we still have Luciferians, there's a number of orders and cults out there who think they are Satanists. Theyve been around alot longer than LaVeyanism.

You have the ONA, the Temple of Set, Yezidis, the Hellfire Clubs, various Gnostics, and a number of other less known groups like people claiming to vampires, etc.

There are as many sects of Satanism as Protestant churches. LaVey's Church is like the Mormons of historical satanism.

[edit on 2/7/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You say that not all people who claim to be Christians are in fact Christians and that we shouldn't blame any of their actions on their claim of Christianity.

I said that bolded part? I don't think so. As a matter of fact, the infiltration of the Church by non-Christians will be one of the causes of the falling away (apostasy), because, like it or not, the Church will be held responsible for the actions of its proclaimed membership. That is why Christians have such an obligation to act according to their faith. Faith without works is dead.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I understand what you're saying and I'm not ignorant to the fact that "Devil Worshipers" have been around for a while. I was just arguing the fact that we should probably make a distinction between modern semi-organized Satanism and a bunch of wackos with pictures of black goats everywhere. (especially when the accused "Satanists" seem more like Christians or New Agers than anything else!!)

I mean the same goes for Christianity, people are pretty adamant about making a distinction between regular Sunday services and the snake handling, poison drinking churches.

Mormons are very adamant about distancing themselves from the Fundamental Ladder Day Saints. Going by what people have been saying to me the FLDS are the true Mormons and the regular LDS is fake or just a cover for secretive FLDS adherents.

I don't understand why it's so hard to view Satanism as legitimate. There's only one recognized Satanic church. When I say "Satanism" I mean LaVeyan Satanism. I'd be ok with the term Luciferian to describe certain things since Luciferianism isn't a recognized "official" religion. It's just like I said before, everyone would be up in arms if I described corporate greed as Jewish.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Shadowflux]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Look, all I'm saying is that if someone who happened to call themselves Christian decided to murder their family you would be mad if I blamed it on them being Christians. I'm sure you would argue that they weren't real Christians and were just mentally unstable. You would get mad if I started misquoting and misinterpreting Christian scripture to show that Christians support murdering one's family. I could say something like "God murdered his own child it's obvious Christians are a bloodthirsty lot." and you would get mad and wish to correct me.

You would wish to make clear the distinction between Christians and murdering psychos with a bible.

The difference is that I treat other's religions and beliefs with respect and am educated enough to not make stupid statements like the one I described.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

There's only one recognized Satanic church. When I say "Satanism" I mean LaVeyan Satanism.

Nope. Karla LeVay established a breakaway First Satanic Church because she found the Church of Satan had become nothing more than a money-making scheme.

I know that satanists say they pay taxes because they believe churches should be taxed, but the reality is that the Church of Satan could never manage to qualify as a 501(c)3 because it is a for-profit business.

[edit on 2/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Nope. Karla LeVay established a breakaway First Satanic Church because she found the Church of Satan had become nothing more than a money-making scheme.

Man, you just gotta keep coming back, I'm personally done with debating with you since you've yet to bring anything of merit or value into the debate and have just been telling me I'm wrong over and over. More over, you've helped side track this whole thread when I've spent every post on here reinforcing my original on topic point.

If you were really so wise you'd be wise enough to be content in your wisdom and not feel the need to argue with lowly idiot demon worshipers like myself.

Edit to respond to your edit: The CoS could never make as much money as the Christian churches do. Have you ever seen that Vatican?

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Shadowflux]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

More over, you've helped side track this whole thread when I've spent every post on here reinforcing my original on topic point.

Twaddle.

Edit to respond to your edit: The CoS could never make as much money as the Christian churches do.

On many levels that is an apples and oranges comparison. I think the better comparison is between the Church of Satan and Scientology where it is clear Scientology has a much better business plan.

Also, the black arts of Scientology are not hampered by the burden of Aleister Crowley's language or system so liberally borrowed by Levey. Hubbard was able to provide his own narrative and lingo through which to accomplish his goals albeit very similar in end result to the tenets of Leveyan satanism.

Whatever the actual content of the Indigo Dawn groups practise of magick, it seems that they had at least a good business perspective to offer services and present themselves as enlightened spiritual beings of the New Age with some Wiccan-like language on their website. It would be a much smaller audience that would be searching the web for "Left-Hand Path keepers of the Black Flame who engage in satanic rituals", for example.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Twaddle or not you're still off topic and proving me right

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join