It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Mugabe - His Quotes!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Below are a number of quotes from Robert Mugabe!!

Countries such as the U.S. and Britain have taken it upon themselves to decide for us in the developing world, even to interfere in our domestic affairs and to bring about what they call regime change.

Well, the only thing he has changed is his bank balance - in a positive way and screwed his people over BIG time!!

Having restored land to the people... We have learnt a host of lessons, all pointing to the challenge of ensuring food security for the people.

Well DUH!!!!!!!! He stole farms from people who were farming for the good of people!! They supplied food to the people. So what did Bob do? He took the farms away, FORCEFULLY, gave the land away to the "people" and now they go "OH HELL! What do we do about food now?"

*****I wish to assure you that there can never be any return to the state of armed conflict which existed before our commitment to peace and the democratic process of election under the Lancaster House agreement.

HUH? Am i missing something here? Did this man, and i use the term "MAN" VERY very loosely, say NEVER?! I believe if we look at Zimbabwe now I would say this dude needs to be disposed of!

If the choice was made for us, one for us to lose our sovereignty and become a member of the Commonwealth or to remain with our sovereignty and lose membership of the Commonwealth, then I would say, then let the Commonwealth go.

NO comment! This is why Zimbabwe is the way it is. He believes he owns the country as if it were a piece of ground and there are just a few million squatters on it that he has to put up with.

In most recent times, as the West started being hostile to us, we deliberately declared a Look East policy.

The way he is going on I think he isn't looking anywhere at the moment! He eyes are completely shut!

It may be necessary to use methods other than constitutional ones.

That makes sense - doesn't it? He is running the country - AND it shows!

Our party must continue to strike fear in the heart of the white man, our real enemy!

As soon as the people in Zimbabwe start to wake up, and it is happening - slow though it may be - things MAY change. It isn't the white man that's the problem - it's Mugabe!!

Our votes must go together with our guns. After all, any vote we shall have, shall have been the product of the gun. The gun which produces the vote should remain its security officer - its guarantor. The people's votes and the people's guns are always inseparable twins.

Now, scroll further up, see the quote i refer too?? see where the ***** is! This dude is totally senile unfortunately! He has lost it. And i am not being "funny" - i truly believe he has gone off the rails. A man who's favorite book is Mein Kampf and has a mustache JUST like Hitler - makes you think?

People are free to campaign and they will be free to vote. There won't be any soldiers, you know, at the queues. Anyone who has the right to vote is free to go and cast his vote anywhere in his own area, in his own constituency.

Nothing i can add that you couldn't come up with yourself!!

So, Blair keep your England, and let me keep my Zimbabwe.

That statement explains a lot too. See a previous comment of mine about regarding him owning the country!

Some people are contriving ways and means of making us collapse.

Oh he is doing that pretty well himself i think!!

Stay with us, please remain in this country and constitute a nation based on national unity.

That won't happen as long as he is in power!!

The land is ours. It's not European and we have taken it, we have given it to the rightful people... Those of white extraction who happen to be in the country and are farming are welcome to do so, but they must do so on the basis of equality.

Well i think he meant HIS land let me keep my Zimbabwe as he mentioned earlier!!

The only white man you can trust is a dead white man.

hmmmmmm... seems to be a common belief in many African countries.

The white man is not indigenous to Africa. Africa is for Africans. Zimbabwe is for Zimbabweans.

Again, what can i say that you couldn't come up with yourself??

True, some land was bought by a few Cabinet Ministers. They bought the land. No minister, to my knowledge acquired land which was meant for resettlement.

Bought land? I think not. Given land - yes!! That is why they still support him! They know they will lose it if he is out of power!

Was it not enough punishment and suffering in history that we were uprooted and made helpless slaves not only in new colonial outposts but also domestically.

There is some truth in that. But that was history. He needs to make things better but he isn't The people are slaves to him now and do his bidding OR suffer the consequences!

We are no longer going to ask for the land, but we are going to take it without negotiating.

That is evident! That is why the country is in financial ruin!

We are not hungry... Why foist this food upon us? We don't want to be choked. We have enough.

No he doesn't And food they have is shipped in when it used to be produced there!! His pride is also destroying the country!

We don't mind having sanctions banning us from Europe. We are not Europeans.

Need i say more? I truly believe he needs an education in economics. That's just MO.

We have said the first step was to designate the land, inform the owners. And the second would be to get the responses from the owners. And this will be openly done.

I know they got land - sold the implements, tore out water pumps - sold them. Etc etc etc. Now they have a piece of land they can do nothing with! If they did, they wouldn't be able to maintain the lands with out water and tractors etc!!

We have said we will never collapse, never ever. We may have our droughts, our poverty, but as a people we shall never collapse, never ever.

I think he is speaking for himself!! I think most people have already collapsed if you ask me and "look around".

We of Africa protest that, in this day and age, we should continue to be treated as lesser human beings than other races.

he treats his own people as lesser!! Again, he is contradicting himself. He isn't "African" he is Zimbabwean!! (see a previous quote) hmmmmm... and now he is African again? I wish he would make up him mind!

We pride ourselves as being top, really, on the African ladder... We feel that we have actually been advancing rather than going backwards.

Oh MAN this dude needs an education BIG time. He needs a reality check!

The Presidential run off has taken place. Only one person in the running as the MDC backed out due to violence against their followers. Mugabe proudly stood and took the vows. Man, he needs to sell the stuff he is smoking. The electoral observers declared this as NOT free and NOT fair. We in SA have a president that is supposed to be the mediator but has done nothing!!

They are related through marriage in Grace Mugabe and Zanele Mbeki. They are direct cousins. Now, are you going to slap your cousin's wrists continuously? Nope!

And then you have to ask WHY Mbeki hasn't really had talks with Morgan Changerai IF he wasn't biased. He was the Mediator. A Mediator is usually between AT least 2 parties!! Hmmmmm... so far he has been mediating with Mugabe and a ghost at least!!

[edit on 1/7/2008 by shearder]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well said!

The british government have proved themselves to be liars or they would have been in there effecting 'regime change', they don't usually seem to mind if the regime they are wishing to change doesn't like them, so why not now? Oh of course, they don't give a damn about people.

I'm sure the plan is to let Africa destroy itself from the inside, while the west get on with making the middle east their nice valuable playground.

The corruption that allows Mugabe to continue his murderous rule is more evident here in this situation than anywhere else I think, there are many British companies AND Members of Parliament with financial interests that support his regime. Also his minions by the thousands are in the UK terrorising refugees and obstructing MDC fundraising, how can that be happening??

Shame on them all.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 1/7/2008 by A curious cat]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by A curious cat

Well i have to say that it really seems most African countries start of great and then take a nose dive due to corruption, genocide etc etc...

I am planning to take my family out of South Africa because crime is just too high. It is at a point where ones house becomes a prison - but a prison to stop people getting in not out! For my daughters safety I need to do this. Obviously the rise in crime is due to the influx of "aliens" from all parts of Africa i.e. Zimbabwe and Malawi etc. This causes a situation where there are no jobs and they still need to live - so the resort to crime.

The biggest issue a person faces is that changing countries one is not automatically a citizen and work is more difficult to come by and that amongst other problems.

But, i have to be honest, i need to do it for my family. As a daddy i owe my daughter a safe upbringing where i do not have to constantly worry if she has been murdered, raped etc.

new topics

top topics

join