It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Supporters unable to name one of his Accomplishments

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hi Ashley!

*Waves in a dork-like fashion*

You've actually done a good job of summing up what many anti-Obama people think, so in that regard, good post; however, what many anti-Obama people fail to do is, instead of criticizing the morons out there who don't know why they are supporting this candidate, actually reading the issues on their own to see why many of the knowledgeable people like him.

What I see going on here is the same thing as I've seen in so many other threads here on ATS, in that people persecute a small group of individuals as a much larger majority. If they see a few people who are morons and ignorant to the issues, they see the same qualities in EVERYONE who might share those same beliefs, even if the majority are not like the ignorant few. Another example would be how several foreigners are criticizing ALL
Americans based off of some of the moronic few they've seen. I KNOW you're familiar with this, as it is constant here on ATS (along with the rest of the internet).

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am undecided and I am doing research. Thus far, I have found proposals made by both parties and all the wordings seem to be as vague as possible. They tell you they want to give you health care, lower taxes on poor, raise taxes on rich, create databases, invest more in this and that program, but the bottom line is money. How do they plan to enact these changes if most, if not all, of these changes have a price tag to them? The only way I can balance this out is that they will find new ways to tax us and leave out the word tax. There seems to be no way around it. No matter how much they tax the rich, the rich will always find the loopholes to survive. The rest of America will be left to foot the bill.
Most of America problems has to do with finances. If these proposals and solutions are so great, then why did they wait till now to reveal them? Why didn't Obama or McCain try to get their proposals passed prior to running for President? This is the reason I find it so hard to believe in what they say.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

and you got a star for that! i couldn't agree more. i laugh at ignorance, but the effects of ignorance, since they DO affect me and my children is something i DON'T find laughable.

i am tired of ALL of these ppl who run for presidency w/ nothing of substance to back up their speeches of change.

we are required to have ABSOLUTE proof of our skills and our experience when applying for a job. i see no skills in either of these two candidates that are being handed to us on silver platters. might as well hand me a dirty boot on a silver platter.

i'll take the silver platter for sure (namely, america, the country i reside in), but i am tired of being force fed the dirty boots.

hey, i am still up for my mind being changed. but to hand me a list of accomplishments off the candidates website does nothing for me. but hey, i took the list and said "fair enough", i'll go look into these. so far, none of the things i have drawn out of these "accomplishments" have been addressed. just insults that fall flat. my kids know more about the issue than those on this site who are supporting the candidates...... and they are only 5 and 6 (and that isn't an insult, that is a fact. i educate my children on such things so they won't feel the same sense of hopelessness i did when i learned the truth about illusions)

[edit on 1-7-2008 by justamomma]

edited to add: regarding my children, not only do i not want them to feel that hopelessness, but i don't EVER want them to fall for a fancy suit (illusion of a professional that has values), civilian clothes (illusion that you connect w/ the ppl), promises of change (what we want to hear), all packaged in a smile (what we want to see) w/out first having a SOLID reason for believing it.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Obamaphiles are in love with Barack, plain and simple. It's like the love of a girlfriend or wife towards the man in their life. Like the love of a mother towards their child. To them, it isn't about logic, or issues. They couldn't care less about those silly things. Obama may have no substance on any issues, he may say and do the dumbest things. But it doesn't matter to the Obamaphiles. Because he's their Obama, and that's all that matters.

(wish they had a heart icon just for the obamaphiles to use on all their posts)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

*Looks at Centurion and shakes head*

Yeah, you got it. We are all mindless zombies incapable of logic.

Uuuuuuuuuhhh.....Join us.....

Oh, but before you do, try to use some of that ever-elusive logic which you claim 'Obamaphiles' don't have.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

i agree w/ this, but i see this on the other fence as well. ppl quit requiring substance in our candidates a long time ago and started basing it on one of two things:

1. the same party that they will go with come hell or high water (which may now thanks to this attitude)

2. or w/ the first candidate that whores themself out for the time being until they get into office.

then again, i am honestly at the belief that it really doesn't matter which way we vote. could already be decided and this just serves as one other method to divide and conquer.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I hear you! To vote for someone simply because they offer you a vague promise of change is illogical. Actions speak much louder than words.

Why haven't they tried to make a difference before now? Why did they wait till they were running for the Presidency to make these changes? They're good at raising money, increasing their benefits and salaries, but seem rather inept at doing the job they were hired for.. representing the American people. This goes for all politicians as well, not just Barack Obama.

This election is really just a matter of choosing the Lesser of two evils. Neither candidate has a real interests in changing the status quo of Joe Average, they simply wish to increase their level of prestige, and the size of their bank accounts.

[edit on 7/1/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
Hi Ashley!

*Waves in a dork-like fashion*

I don't know why but I always get such a kick out of that when you do that.

You've actually done a good job of summing up what many anti-Obama people think, so in that regard, good post; however, what many anti-Obama people fail to do is, instead of criticizing the morons out there who don't know why they are supporting this candidate, actually reading the issues on their own to see why many of the knowledgeable people like him.

Well, I was mainly referring to the people in the videos because that is what the two threads on this subject presented. Looking at the people interviewed, they all seemed to be well dressed, carried themselves well, well spoken, and embodied what I picture the typical American to be (no back woods yokels or political pundit extraordinaries, in other words- Just regular Joes).

However, their answers were still unimpressive to me and that saddened me greatly because it showed how rational middle class Americans can still be taken in by political hype. So, that sample looked like a pretty good representation of the population whereas I would have been crying 'Bias!' had the interviewees been, let's say, a room full of Cletus the Slack Jawed Yokels or people heavily involved in politics or experts on political issues. Neither would have been the norm for the population.

I'm not anti-Obama any more than I am anti-McCain. To be honest, I am wholly unimpressed with both candidates (as well as most politicians in general). In my opinion, one is all hype and the other is a flip-flopper. Neither seem to have America's best interest at heart which makes this is a very frustrating election for many. Sigh.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

Yeah, you got it. We are all mindless zombies incapable of logic.

Oh, but before you do, try to use some of that ever-elusive logic which you claim 'Obamaphiles' don't have.

Never said you were incapable of using logic. Just stated that for some reason in this case - blind love - you aren't using any.

This thread is about obamaphiles being unable to name any of his accomplisments. Logically, one would think (not feel) that this situation would raise at least a yellow flag among Obama's supporters. But no, instead they feel the love, and that's all they need to "know" that Obama is their guy.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I don't know why but I always get such a kick out of that when you do that.

Yeah, it's me getting all nervous and unsmooth talking to you. I saw those pictures of you in BTS...

it showed how rational middle class Americans can still be taken in by political hype. So, that sample looked like a pretty good representation of the population whereas I would have been crying 'Bias!' had the interviewees been, let's say, a room full of Cletus the Slack Jawed Yokels or people heavily involved in politics or experts on political issues. Neither would have been the norm for the population.

Good point, well put. I can definitely see where you're coming from. And I do agree that those people in the video did seem normal...more so than I believe even you are thinking. Our education system and media sucks, so for people to be taken in like these yahoos in the video is truly sad.

This does a good job of demonstrating 'sheeple', but the thing is, when was the last time you saw this question directed at another candidate's supporters than Obama? What I mainly hear from McCain supporters is how much of a 'Maverick' he is, just another example of people buying into the BS which they're exposed to daily without researching on their own.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

So i assume you're implying simply because we dont post this information AGAIN!
that we're in blind love?

Im curious, have you read all of the other threads, that are exactly like this one?

honestly, i await your response. Since im at work, and about to hit the road for a few errands, maybe a u2u is in order?

im not attacking you, im seriously asking you if you've seen the (off the top of my head) four other threads, all by different users, all answered, and all exactly like this one?

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

And the problem I'M having with this is that people like you only see a few morons like this video depicted, and then seem to accuse ALL Obama supporters of being incapable of naming accomplishments, or being in 'blind love'.

You're stereotyping based off of short clips like this one in the OP.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

im not attacking you, im seriously asking you if you've seen the (off the top of my head) four other threads, all by different users, all answered, and all exactly like this one?

i personally have read a lot of those threads and didn't bother responding until this one because it seems that should someone throw in a legitimate question regarding obama, it is like a lion's pit. case and point here on this thread. tons of insults, but this one was more nuetral and therefore i went for it.

the things that have been cited as accomplishments from the good ppl here at ats mostly come off obama's website. still, i have been fair in taking those things and looking at them and am still waiting for an answer that is based on unbaised sources rather than ones that come from the obama camp.

it is called objective viewing and if one is to make an intelligent decision on these two men, you can hardly fault them for trying to be objective about it.

insulting and refusing to just help others out simply bc they are not submitting to your candidate at the first word of "change" shows your intentions are more about being right than finding the truth for the good of all of us. this is a dangerous attitude...... quite the same attitude that many germans had when hitler spoke his fanciful speeches and oh, also the same attitude that many had when president bush ran for office.

thus, we find ourselves in the revolving door of fancy politician says and ignorant masses believe........... and sorry, but i, for one, am tired of reaping the "so called benefits" of this revolving door regardless the fact that i am standing on the outside of it watching you all go around.

getting dizzy

now, either agree w/ me
or show me proof of how THIS time i will be wrong and obama really will be THE ONE to change it all for the better.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

So i assume you're implying simply because we dont post this information AGAIN!
that we're in blind love?

Im curious, have you read all of the other threads, that are exactly like this one?

Yes, I've read the other threads - ad nauseum. And to be honest, haven't seen much except people complaining about the questions raised about Obama and then defending Obama by attacking the other posters raising questions and/or McCain.

And I also understand why obamaphiles respond in that manner - there's simply not very much in Obama's record to even talk about, let alone defend. Which, again, is the point of this thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Obamaphiles are in love with Barack, plain and simple. It's like the love of a girlfriend or wife towards the man in their life. Like the love of a mother towards their child. To them, it isn't about logic, or issues. They couldn't care less about those silly things. Obama may have no substance on any issues, he may say and do the dumbest things. But it doesn't matter to the Obamaphiles. Because he's their Obama, and that's all that matters.

(wish they had a heart icon just for the obamaphiles to use on all their posts)

the reason to vote for obama??? since we are not a corporation or a multi-millionaire,we are just tired of getting screwed over by republicans. at least the F'ing we get from democrats is alot more slower and they do use K-Y jelly.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I know several people have claimed it's only an ignorant few of his supporters that can't list his accomplishments, but this video puts the icing on the cake! Senator Kirk Watson is a lawyer, mediator, public affairs consultant and former Austin Mayor. Surely he should be more informed than the average man or woman on the street..

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by centurion1211

the reason to vote for obama??? since we are not a corporation or a multi-millionaire,we are just tired of getting screwed over by republicans. at least the F'ing we get from democrats is alot more slower and they do use K-Y jelly.

hey, at least one person can admit a reason behind their allegience to their candidate. respect this a heck of alot more than the insults and evading of questions.

still, i am one of those "can't vote for the lesser of two evils" ppl. i am not for my $$ that i work hard for being evenly dispersed among the lazy arses of america. i don't want the rich getting their grubby hands on it either.

i work for it, it's mine. i am for paying local taxes and such to help repair the city streets (which this is a whole 'nother gripe i am concerned about), but the rest of it, uh uh.... mine mine mine!! i am not asking for anyone else's piece they work for, just my small measly earnings that i have made.

i am anti both of them at this point.
but am still willing to listen to anyone who can prove their candidate is going to help country move forward WHILE RESPECTING the original intent this country was founded on.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

And I'll also be voting for the man and his accomplishments, of which I am well aware as I have READ about them.
It isn't really that hard to do.
If there were only more informed Obama supporters like yourself.. Maybe you could translate all his speeches for us, then we too will know "What He Really is Saying"..

Lloyd..what a suprise, you posting a thread slamming Obama.

You seem to be repeating and pushing a new theme in your postings of "he is just to hard to understand". In Propaganda terms this is refered to as an appeal to the common man. It encourages disdain for the educated and articulate. I actually think you are intelligent enough to clearly understand what Obama is speaking of in his speeches, but dishonestly claimed otherwise to press this theme. He's just to "educated" and "articulate" for the common folk!

I am not suprised at the tact, it worked well to get GWB elected. He's the kind of man you would "like to have abeer with" right? It's an appeal to emotion... another tool of propagandists. There are plenty of people that I would enjoy having a beer with, but as Chief Executive of the USA?

You have to look no further than the past 8 years of GOP "leadership" to see what happens when you elect a simple minded idiot to the office. Easly manipulated by those around him and unable and unwilling to understand complex issues.

Barack Obama ..
Only the 5th Black Senator elected in the entire history of the United States. You have to have to seriously impress to overcome those odds.

Obama graduated from Harvard Law School with a J.D. magna cum laude, where he was the first African American president of the Harvard Law Review.

He was a professor of constitutional law for 8 years at the University of Chicago Law School.
* Compare that to the current POTUS's understanding and knowledge of the constitution.

He has a very long list of community service.

Notice I didn't list anything about his political accomplishments. Yes the bills he has sponsored speak to his positions, but I will be honest, I am not interested in his political chops.

The current political system in the US is BROKEN and CORRUPT.
In my opinion one of the greatest qualifications that Barack Obama has is that he is relatively new to the political scene. I want him to CHANGE the way Washington works. Or at the very least TRY rather than what we have seen in DC over the past 8 years....Bush thinks Morales are paintings on walls and Scruples are money in Russia!

Barack is intelligent, articulate and well educated in constitutional law and US history. Has a strong passion for this country and is just naive enough about Washington corruption and strong willed enough to try to change it. He is the least like a "politician" of any presidential candidate I have seen in decades. That is what I like about him. I am not interested in the "political experience" of the likes of like os Rumsfield, Cheney, Bush, McCain.

CHANGE.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

hmmm sounds uncannily like Hitler

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Of course Obama supporters can't name any of his accomplishments.... He doesn't really have any to speak of. It's incredible to think the Democrats are so comfortable rolling out a rookie senator with radical positions, countless questionable allegiances and poor political decision-making skills. The only thing he's really got on his side is the public's ignorance about him, the media's glaring bias in favor of him, the Republicans' own recent ineptitude, racial guilt among liberal whites and the fact that he's got a young, hip image (at least that's what the people on TV keep telling me, I don't really see it - heck, Bea Arthur would look young and hip compared to Senator McCain).

People are starting to wake up to the facts, though. The latest polls have the two presumptive nominees in a dead heat. Republicans are finally starting to warm up to McCain as he's getting better (or at least saying better things) on key issues like the oil situation. I think Obama will get trounced in November.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join