It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Actually, it was pretty smart...

In ANY kind of disaster, you want to make sure your car's got gas..so you can get going if you need to... On that day, tell me the thought of WWIII starting didn't enter your mind???

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I was blazed and coming from class, went over to my grandparents and they were all watching it on tv, and I was like whats going on?

Then about 3 seconds after they explained another plane hit other tower.

I was like damn, this is really happening in america?

You were high at that early in the morning?

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I had been working for about 2.5 hrs when the news started coming in. Business had slowed like it was Christmas week, but of course, it was only Sept. I remember getting through all my daily reads and being pissed on how the economy was being spun by the White House with a complicit media, towards a purpose.

My very first reaction when the towers dropped was a very selfish fear - all of my business deals were with Morgan Stanley at the time - I immediately saw my finances for the last quarter of th eyear decimated. I still feel guilty about that being my first concern.
Then I sat & watched.....and watched. I tried pulling up a mental roster of all the people we had put through companies in those towers, all the clients served.
Then....I cried, like I'm crying now in thinking about it.
Then....I did $800 worth of damage to my office walls; I knew when the planes where hijacked, I knew in general what our interdiction policies were, I knew someone ordered a stand down.....that's when the first half of the damage occurred. Second half came with the "Where's Waldo" hunt for reassurring words from our CINC.....yet all we saw was dotted lines mapping the search for a good bunny hole.
So, my Mother's Spirit granted me the safety of being a 100 miles away from where I was regularly, seeing what turned out to be the start of the unravelling of my country on a 65 inch screen.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
On the way home every gas station I passed had cars lined up by the dozens. I thought that was the dumbest thing to come out of 911. Why did folk panic like that? OMG the world is ending!!! I better getta fill up. Gas should be the last thing on your mind.

Same thing here in Ohio... once I got home and started watching the news for an hour, there was a report of gas stations being overcrowded with people buying gas and stuff. That reminded me that I was almost on empty in my car and I had better get mine too.

So there I go... ended up driving to a gas station about 3 miles from my house, thinking, no one will be at this one ( its kinda out by itself ) well, a lot of other people were thinking the same thing, as I waited 30 mintues to get my car next to a pump at which time, they started raising the prices... went from $1.30 to 3.99 while I was standing there... I paid $1.30 luckily, but a lot of others paid more.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I was getting ready to go to the hospital to see my new baby boy who was born the previous day. I turned on the tv for my oldest son to watch cartoons. As I flipped the channels I saw the news about the first plane hitting just as the second plane hit. My youngest boy was supposed to be born on 9/11, but he came a day early.
I will never forget this date. It was one of the best days of my life...but one of the worst for the entire US.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I was recovering from a hangover. See, that day was the last day at my old job which I was wanred about 3 months prior. So, instead of saying good bye to everyone and feeling like a schmuck, I got drunk the night before and skipped work.

So, I get this phone call from my wife and she says turn on the TV. So, sitting on my bed, I did and I saw the plane crash into the Towers. I was said "Cool." I thought it was a movie preview or something.

Then, they sowed over anbd over and I realized it was real. Then, I started crying. Then, I got angry. I got angry at all the Muslims in the world.

Then, the raw emotion withdrew and I became my collected and rational self again. Then, I wondered why President Bush wans't on TV. Where was Bush and why wasn't he acting liek a leader should?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

I was blazed and coming from class, went over to my grandparents and they were all watching it on tv, and I was like whats going on?

Then about 3 seconds after they explained another plane hit other tower.

I was like damn, this is really happening in america?

You were high at that early in the morning?

Wake and bake and I had a class earlier.

the real question?
"Where were you while we were getting high?"

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Omigod! Where was I? Trying to recover from a hangover.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

And people wonder why I worry about the future:shk:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I was walking down the road to school (junior in high school at the moment) when I heard a few kids saying something about a plane hitting the WTC. I didn't think much of it at the time.

When I arrived at school in my English class that's when I found out about the disasters. We then watched the news coverage in school for about a week straight. Some of those days not doing any work but just gossip and sharing ideas about the scenario and possible aftermaths. Very sad/angry that day.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I was on duty that day. We were underway within a few hours and headed out to sea. Never saw so many ships get underway at the same time, it was like rush hour. We couldn't send emails for several days, but we did receive them and got to read about what was going on.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venus

And people wonder why I worry about the future:shk:

ROFL, I AM INSIDE THE CHILDREN!

I hope you find yourself.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

ROFL, I AM INSIDE THE CHILDREN!

I hope you find yourself.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Lysergic]

No, my dear...............YOU ARE THE CHILDREN !!

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I was at home. I woke up and it was all over the TV. The second plane hadn't hit yet. Then I saw the second plane hit live on TV. I thought it was a movie or something. Then I went to school. It was 2 days before my 22nd birthday so, I didn't care, I was more worried about myself. Hey, I don't know anybody in New York. I don't even know anyone who, knows anyone, in New York. It sucked that I couldn't watch TV for weeks after it too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join