It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Where were you on 9-11 and what did you do?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
i was in art...everybody started leaving and me and my friend josh were like what the heffa jeffa?!?!?!

our teacher told us a plane crashed. we were like what the heffa jeffa?!?!?! a plane crashes and the whole school runs home? thats stupid!

i got home and i thought my parents were pwatching a movie. but it was the crash footage. i was like, dude. i felt horrible, not because of what happened, but because i felt nothing for it.

goes to show the immunity america has against itself huh?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Looking back- I now feel like an asshole. I was in 7th grade and I saw my friend in the hall and he told me about it and- get this, i said "COOL!"...But yeah for the rest of the day we watched news coverage on it in all my classes... I'll never forget

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i was in my english class at the time, after that my friend sean came up and said someone blew up new york and we were going to war soon. i didn't believe him because he's a huge pothead. twenty minutes later in my geometry class they announced it on the pa system and we turned on cnn. then we watched the crash footage all day.

EDIT: at first i thought it was an accident, and quite hilarious. the thoughts of the b-25 flying into the empire state building came to mind. then when i saw it happen again i felt horrible, because i knew it was no accident.

[Edited on 3/7/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i had just got back from work and thought id have a look at sky news while relaxin with a cup of coffee. 5 mins after i sit down all hell brakes loose.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I was getting ready for work when I heard that the first plane hit, watched the second plane impact then I went to work. Needless to say, it was a slow day.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I was living in DC at the time. My (now ex) husband, a DC cop, called and tried to sound calm when he told me to turn on the news.
When the Pentagon got hit, he called again and told me not to expect him home for a long time.
Spent the rest of the day with the news in one ear and the police scanner on tac-ops channel in the other.
I could smell the smoke and the burning fuel all day and for days afterwards.

-B.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I was in my printing class at college when me and a m8 when to get a coffe and saw it on the tv we just sat there watching it all afternoon

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I was in my house. I woke up about 9:30am I think it was. I turned on the TV (which was on Fox News) and I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. As I was brushing my teeth I heard the whole thing on the backgroung and I ran towards the TV. I was shocked by what I saw. Like everyone else I stayed glued to the TV the whole week.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I was sleeping...it was 3am in Alaska...

But at skool we watched it in all of our classes and they were talking bout how the terrorists may also to try and go after the Great Alaskan Pipeline...that scared the # outta use...cuz it goes right by our town. My friend John kept saying it was teh government against us...that was the day it happened...smart dude that John...he should be on these boards somewhere....but that was a scary day...me and my friends went and gave some blood and watched nuttin but the crash footage for liek a whole week.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I was in the UK at that time and had been out for a while. I actually can't remember where I had been, but as soon as I got back and switched on the TV, there was a pic of the first tower with smoke pouring from it. As I watched, the second tower was hit - it was then that I realised it was a deliberate act. Then Sky started saying that two other planes were 'missing'. I watched for a while then went online to talk with KayEm - you can imagine the conversation we had.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Lets see...the night before I fell asleep waching TV. the morning of 9/11 I woke up to the song "Blackend" by Metallica, and my TV was still on, and they were showing news of it. I looked at the TV, the first words out of my mouth were "I think someone bombed New York!" then my dad came in told me that my doctors apointment was canceld because of it.

So where was I? I was still in bed! I just got up alittle after the second plane and before they fell.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by Curiosity]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
myself living in australia was asleep at the time, although i wish i had seen it live on one hand, i was glad i didnt on the other.

i do however remember having a dream about a plane crash with many people, it included seeing lot's of the coulour brown and people in aeroplane seats. then all of a sudden i saw people flying throught the cabin the everything went dark, this happened at approximatly 11pm local time which is about the same time the first attack happened in new york.

the thing that was strange about the evening (aus time) of september 11 2001 is that i usually watch the late night news and then leave the tv on with the countdown timer set to 30 mins. but that night i didnt, mainly because i had to get up early the next morning (sept 12) to go to college in the city.

sept 12 (aus EST time) was the first and only time i had bought a morning paper. mainly because of what i had witnessed on the tv that morning in the early morning news.

at college all we did was talk about the happeneings in New york, and the someone mentioned to us that the pentagon was also attacked, which although it had happened about 7 hrs earlier none of us knew.

all throughout the day we listened to the radio and went onto news websites trying to find out the latest on what had happened.
we heard the bush speach, we listened to the news every half hour.

we took in the opinions of the seasoned talk show hosts that broadcast that day.
we knew what had happened but none NONE of us could accept it.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I was at work... A co-worker was on the phone to a client in New York...and he heard about the first crash, before the reporters were really all over it...

We quickly hooked up the training video tv, and managed to get in a station, seeing the result of the first crash. When we saw the second crash, we thought originally that it was simply a replay, but it wasn't, we saw the second crash live, and at that point, it became clear that it wasn't an accident, and we all pretty much saw that as the start of WWIII....

The rest of the day was rather somber, and we had a client in the building at the time... We even had a few reps in the air, so yeah, it was a pretty tenuous moment.....

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well i was in H.K watching WWF when they i nterupted the show at first i was angry that they interrupted but when they showed something serious as this i werent that angry just shocked.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I was getting ready to leave my house, when my mom called me. I turned on the tv and thought oh my god, I thought # it, i'm not going to school today, who knows whats going to happen today with all the chaos, I thought it was best to stay home and just pray for those poor souls.

I then sat on the couch the whole day and zoned out, I was definitely in shock at the time. Very sad day.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I was at work in north eastern NJ and you could see the smoke of the towers from there. A friend of mine was stuck in traffic at the Lincon Tunnel for hours.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I refuse to answer this question on the grounds that I might incriminate myself... oh no, that's my answer to a different question..

I was at work in Ohio. My company has offices all over the world. On this day, we were on a conference call with our Boston office when a co - worker walked by and said a plane had just hit the WTC. I asked, was it bad weather or foggy that day, thinking it was an accident.

Just a couple of seconds later while on the call with Boston, the GM of that office said, a second plane just hit the other WTC building, we all were very surprised and worried. We continued on with our conference call, when the plane hit the Pentagon. We decided to cancel the conference call and check on co-workers in NY and DC.

Here in Ohio where I'm at, was the headquarters for our company at that time, all kinds of calls were coming in from people in NY and DC asking what we knew about our elevator tehcs and sales people who might have been out in the field.

We had 4-5 people at WTC when the first plane hit, they were evaced and were ok. we had about 15 people at the Pentagon, doing a large job and all of them reported in okay.

It was a scary day and I went home at 4pm and started watching the new coverage, I remember being very sad.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I was blazed and coming from class, went over to my grandparents and they were all watching it on tv, and I was like whats going on?

Then about 3 seconds after they explained another plane hit other tower.

I was like damn, this is really happening in america?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
At the time I was lowly buyer, so I had my head in some box looking for a part that wasn't where it was supposed to be...a co-work came by yelling america is under attack. I laughed because I thought it was a joke. By the time I made it back into the office the second plane had already hit. We were in shock with our noses glued to the television screen. On the way home every gas station I passed had cars lined up by the dozens. I thought that was the dumbest thing to come out of 911. Why did folk panic like that? OMG the world is ending!!! I better getta fill up. Gas should be the last thing on your mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join