It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France plans revolution in space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

France plans revolution in space

news.bbc.co.uk

Ambitious plans for European missions to the Moon and Mars are being considered by the French government.

It wants to kick-start a revolution in space by letting EU politicians not bureaucrats decide on priorities for the European Space Agency (Esa).

The French say that if Europe fails to change its approach to space, it will fall behind Japan, China and India.

Paris is seeking an alliance with the UK to drive the agenda forward during the French presidency of the EU.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Space seems to be the way forward.....I wonder what these boys know that we dont....!!!!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The fool of service a.k.a mr. Bush came in Paris one week ago after visiting all major europe countries. After his visit i have heard his advices were "france must build a more robust defense in space" or something along this line.

Now may i ask why's that? I have no clue, probably because of the little green men..go figure.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What other reasons could there be for expanding into space....other things such as mining for natural resources is one but why now....maybe there are a lot of resources out there that we can use....do you think that all the top leaders know about green men and ufo's.....but there has been so much disclosure recently and maybe we are being prepared for something.....what if we do get attacked and our governments try and save us....would we have respect for them then....

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda

What other reasons could there be for expanding into space...

Sarkozy's megalomany...

If not - more seriously - a five-centuries tradition of French colonialism*, that have been brutally broke down by USA through Stay-Behind and others manipulations...

*Enlightened colonialism, I'd say. Not to be confused with UK's...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well, the French have highlighted something very significant and shows the future of the EU.

It will be dictated by Britain and France.

Britain is keen in altering its British National Space Agency, including man missions, but the funding might be the problem. The EU would be the best platform and would solve funding problems.

However, it does seem the EU will use the European Space Agency as a means to unite Europe. Putting a European man on the moon or mars might be used to tell us Europeans the EU is not bad after all.

There are political reasons for this.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
completely agree...its about time Europe took a proper stance and showed everyone that we can do it....this way more information will get relayed to us and questions will hopefully get answered....

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hey UK mates, methinks thou do not hate the Good Royaume de France any longer !...

Is there any Carla-The-Bitch Effect around there ? (megalol)

Sigh.

Quoi qu'il en soit l'Union fait la Force, comme aiment à dire nos amis belges. So...

Vive la France ! Vive la Perfide Albion ! Vive l'Europe ! Mort aux States !

(and btw please stop lobbying for your old farty english langage as Europe's idioma : EU too was a french idea, - and French speaking is sooo classy...)

ANARCHIA ! EUROWORLD ! FRENCH-SPEAKING SOLAR SYSTEM !

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Considering that most of the technology that the US, Russia, Japan, China and India uses in their space programs actually originated in Europe, I think it makes sense that the Europeans atleast try to keep up with them.

new topics

top topics

join