It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeleine McCann's parents to continue hunt as police give up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I don't belive it! The police are giving up on one of the worlds most famous missing persons case.
I am glad the parents are not giving up even though there is a part of me that has them listed as suspects or at worst case irresposible parents.

Madeleine McCann's parents to continue hunt as police give up

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I followed this case, as I am portuguese, and quite frankly I am happy if it drops off the radar. It had unwarranted media exposure for the type of case it was, it was sensationalized and mediatized and imo used as a shock inducing social engineering meme to make people yet more scared and overprotective of their children, seeding distrust through society. Plus this level of exposure, especially in the early days, was completely idiotic as it could have signed the childs death warrant if she were kidnapped for the child trafficing market and thus rendered useless.

Child kidnapping is a rare but distressing problem that needs to be dealt on the news in an abstract fashion, leaving it to the police to deal with it in a concrete manner and actually go after the criminals. The was the McCann case was handled was totally idiotic, and borderline racist, because there was the whole blond hair blue eyes factor that the media imo subconsciously picked up on, and was insulting to all the other kids that were kidnapped but were not as photogenic.

The news should limit itself to reporting the missing child and identifying her/him and then only report if there is a good or bad outcome. Turning cases like these into soap operas shows just how pathetic modern media has become.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Sometimes the media attention can work with these cases. In Astralia we were flooded with info about Daniel Morcombe and still do and he went missing years ago. Somebody has to know what happened and it is hoped that enough attention bought to the case might lead somebody to offer up info or give them selves up out of guilt. Obviously that hasn't happened yet in either case, but maybe one day.

My point here is that I cannot belive they are givng to gve up so easily while a little girl is still missing.

join