It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Earlier today Dr. Rima E. Laibow and Maj. Gen. Bert Stubblebine, our intrepid Natural Solutions Foundation trustees and Public Observers at the annual Codex Alimentarius (World Food Code) attended the first session of the Commission and filed a video report from the conference room at the UN conference center hosting the meeting.
The Food and Drug Administration's wildest dream (and our worst nightmare) in the area of natural therapies is about to come true.
There is a conspiracy among multinational drug companies and their paid puppets in government, to make natural therapies unobtainable by regulating them out of the market.
Compliance will be possible, but the cost will be so prohibitive that only the multinational drug companies will be able to afford it.
What it means for you, the consumer, is that the global pharmaceutical industry is about to make it impossible for you to buy anything other than their products.
Two years ago, I told you about the passage of the European Union Directive on Dietary Supplements.
This directive, which is part of a larger form of legislation called Codex Alimentarius, severely restricts access to natural health products in Europe.
(1) The "Codex" issue is NOT about stopping supplements worldwide. It is about Big Pharma TAKING OVER, and completely controlling the supplement industry.
(2) The "Codex" issue is NOT a "by itself" issue. It is simply a symptom, and a manifestation, of a much larger problem. What's happening on Planet Earth is that multinational corporations, now, are so large that they, in their daily business dealings, are much larger, and certainly more powerful than MOST of Earth's nations. Those multinational corporations have set up the World Trade Organization (WTO) as the new world government, completely under their control.
(3) The multinational corporations, through the WTO, have set up the situation where THEY are challenging both the idea of DEMOCRACY (people governing themselves) and the power of governments to control world policy.
(4) The multinational corporations, through the WTO, have set up the situation where THEY are intentionally attempting to destroy the North American economy - and that of ALL of the United States' historical allies.
(5) Big Pharma, knowing it is "going down," because of its murderous avariciousness, is attempting to move its PEOPLE into new positions. One of those places is "the supplement industry.."
(6) Big Pharma, knowing it is "going down," is funding its next attempt at world domination (yes, that's what this is about) in the United States - with its DRUG PRICING SCHEMES, and its control, through huge advertising budgets, of the US media. US citizens pay five times what everyone else pays for drugs - for no good reason. Big Pharma is doing this, I believe, to destroy American Industry's ability to compete in a world market.
As well as hosting its committees, Codex operates a number of intergovernmental task forces dealing with things like biotechnology and GM foods. All of this is a far cry from Codex’s purported original objectives which centred around the need to protect consumers by ensuring foods were free from contaminants such as pesticide residues. Now it mandates ‘acceptable’ levels of everything from pesticides, to chemical additives, GMOs and heavy metal contaminants. The levels are agreed by so-called ‘international scientific consensus’ but the scientists involved tend to be on the payroll of the largest food and drug companies in the world. They are also reliant on safety data that come from studying these toxins in isolation and they make no consideration of our total chemical exposure from all sources.
Dr Bruce Ames, Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of California, Berkeley, and a Senior Scientist at Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute (CHORI), is one of many scientists who have long argued, on the basis of ample scientific evidence, that micronutrient deficiencies, associated with modern western diets, are one of the most important factors in the epidemic of chronic diseases. These diseases include the ‘Big 5’: heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity and osteoporosis, which now contribute to the greatest burden on our healthcare systems. Codex, and regulatory regimes based on it, undoubtedly present one of the greatest threats to any healthcare system which seeks to deal with the fundamental causes of disease by addressing micronutrient intakes.
Google Video Link
Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Some of you may find this thread on Herbal Medicine of interest:
Also, the Southwest School of Botanical Medicine has a remarkable website, the contents of which you may wish to download and/or print before the website goes dark or is outlawed by various arms by which Codex will be implemented.
My opinion is that Codex is an even more serious threat to human health than GMO foods.
Originally posted by jaamaan
It seems to me that this is an example of a grand conspiracy and i think there is a lot to be learned about the mechanics behind such a plan.