It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile Phone cooking popcorn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Is this for real ? Using 3 or 4 mobile phones to cook popcorn. If so we should all be more careful with our phones.

Totally shocking.

video

Peace.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, but I'm not in the least bit convinced.

#1 The acting is on par with most hoaxes
#2 Have you ever seen popcorn pop? It doesn't all fly straight up. Most of it actually just kind of rolls about as it pops.
#3 Who hangs out with their friends for an orange juice/popcorn party?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Im kind of agreeing with you. I think this is probably a hoax but i cannot be sure, maybe someone can try it.

But yes, orange juice popcorn party anyone....? hmmmm strange people on this planet

Peace.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Yeah, it's been discussed, and I think everyone came to the answer of it being fake:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I vouch that it's viral marketing of some sort. As Santa mentioned, all of these videos feature people in a big social gathering looking a little too happy and jubilant about popping corn with their phones.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Please tell me your reasoning is tongue-in-cheek. That has to be a joke post. Really.

Anyway, why not just try the experiment yourself? All you need is popping corn, 4 cell phones, and 4 people to call those phones at the same time. Sounds like an experiment that anyone could do. Then you wouldn't have to wonder anymore.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I suppose you could call a portion of the response a joke, but no, I meant it.

All you need to do is pop corn in the microwave without the bag. It does not pop straight up.. EVER.

*Sigh* I don't know why I needed to look up the numbers to show how preposterous this is but here they are...

Max Cell Phone SAR (Specific absorbed radiation) - 1.6
Which equals a max alotted wattage of about .2 to .6 watts by law

Microwave Wattages range from 400 to something like 1200
Popcorn Recipes call for a 700 W oven.

Cell Phone SAR
Microwaves

Not a difficult deduction even without the math. My face would have a massive tumor by this time.

So no joke, Applebiter

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Yep... Santa said and so did other people before him.

Also, must I once more again post the most recent research done into the harmful effect of mobile phones, which also manage to show that "scientists" who before were able to show harmful effects were not able to show it again... even with the same experiments as they did before.
I can't be bothered... find the other threads about this whole thing. I believe I posted the link for those reports once in two different threads.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The popping thing was debunked 3 or 4 weeks ago, IIRC. What interests me more is who would put that out there as a marketing meme and why? I got the impression (though last I'd heard, nobody had really come forward), that it was to promote some bluetooth headset or similar. But still, if they're saying that cell phones will nuke you, would you really rather have it in your pocket next to your genitals than next to your head?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Tried it with even 5 ' LG Secret' mobile phones. Didn't work so it seems like a hoax to me. Although I don't know how much radiation the LG Secret puts out exactly puts out. Anyone who knows that perhaps?

JbT

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ill confirm it didnt work with the set-up I tried Friday night.

Was at the bar for a couple drinks, and a lady wanted to try this.

4 Phones in a cross formation with Antennas point to eachother. Then called those phones at the same time.

Needless to say, its didnt work.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
Yeah, it's been discussed, ...

Thanks for the links.

------Please add to one of the ongoing threads----

------Closed----

top topics

join