It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could ask God 3 questions...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

As answered for god before I can't have the power.

yet that wasn't god answering. But if I was told face to face no
I guess I would ask to have 99% of its power and knowledge.

If it still said no then I would just say ok.

reply to my "answers"
As for the answer to #2 of my questions -- you got the answer wrong

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
I know there will be smart allecks here and post some funny questions.. And I invite that too.

What do you mean by "God," exactly? Some kind of bearded old man who lives in the clouds, who not only knows the answers to everything, but can also explain everything in terms we can understand? I might as well ask Doctor Who or Gandalf the Wizard.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I thought the concept was fairly simple. Assuming theres a god, and then the implied premise, assuming God could communicate with us in terms we could understand. The bearded old man case is irrelevant.

Id have to assume that if there was an immaculate God, he probably could communicate with us. If is is omniscient then he can communicate with us.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Because you asked for some...
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

But seriously:
1. Were we supposed to prepare for heaven in the afterlife, or heaven on earth instead?

2. Which part is more important to follow: The Old Testament, the New Testament, The Jewish scriptures, or none of the above?

3. If you were on an abandoned island, who would you rather have with you?

And yes, I've noticed that some people have started answering the questions people have been asking, and I'd ask that you don't do so, at least not with mine.

For one, you are not God, and while I'll admit the possibility of a divinely inspired answer, I think I can wait a few decades for the answers from Him, instead of getting a indirect, and probably interpreted answer from someone else.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I'm bewildered anyone would attempt to answer these questions. Seems a little off topic when the thread asks what questions you would ask and someone comes along and starts answering them.

Should I ask God, how that works?

I'm off to the airport. Be back sooner, or later.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I would ask:

1. Is our universe the only one that exists?

2. If you created everything, what created you?

3. Could you tell me about every lifeform that has existed in the past and exists now in the universe/universes

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
reply to post by bknapple32

I could probably answer those questions for you:

1. The government

2. The government

3. Yes

I don't know what I'd ask... I think I'd like to leave everything a mystery. Assuming there is a god as you said, we'll probably find out when we check out of this zoo.

Knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Uh, Mattguy, the topic is about asking God these questions. Please quit pushing your lame beliefs into the context of a topic that clearly doesn't call for them.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Why do you allow so many acts of cruelty and depravity to be carried out in your name?

Which religion do you like the best?

Ginger or Mary Ann?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There only questions I could think of asking would be along the lines of..

1) Why would you create all of this and then 'walk away'?

2) Are we purely nothing more than an ant farm?

3) Do you actually talk to people who've said they have talked to you?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

sos, I didnt see what matt said that was so offensive.. Maybe I missed something.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Three questions to ask God:

1. In there intelligent and non-intelligent life that you created (not angels or demons) in other places in this universe besides our planet and if yes, have any of them visited Earth yet?

2. Why were we created? Were we an experiment? Were we offsrping without the god-like abilities? Why are we here, on such a small terrestrial ball in such a vast, unexplored universe?

3. What was there before there was nothing?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
if i could ask "the man" 3 questions:

1) may i ask 20 more?

2) why is this infrastructure of "life" so messed up?

3) are you ashamed of the levels of "extreme" some of your followers live within?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
1. How do you sleep at night knowing there are people all around the world being raped and/or murdered?

2. What is your purpose?

3. Why don't you come to Earth and try to survive for a while as a lower level socio-economic status individual, then decide if your'e taking the best route to not only having followers, but to guiding humanity down a good path.

The way I look at it, God has so many people saying how great he is, I think even He needs a kick to the rear-end every now and then, imo. Peace.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If I could ask a God 3 questions... Well I suppose I'd ask these

1. Who created you?

2. Who created the being that created you?

3. How did existence come to be?

-Will

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
1. How can I activate all my extraordinary abilities (telepathy, telekinetics...)?
2. How do I make a contact with extraterrestrial beings?
3. How can I travel in time?

[edit on 1-7-2008 by FIFIGI]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

sos, I didnt see what matt said that was so offensive.. Maybe I missed something.

You are missing something. The context of the topic calls for these questions to be answered by God. I know Mattguy was being a smartass with his reply but I found it offensive to post answers to someone else's questions with his own personal beliefs in a topic that clearly didn't call for it.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Question 1. Who was really behind 9/11( If the answer is what we have been told, I will really fell silly and might not even ask the other two.

Question 2. Who shot JFK?

Question 3. Was there other life in the universe and did that ever visit the Earth in my lifetime or before

Very interesting thread, but I must say I find your first two questions to be a little small-time for the omnipotent creator of the Universe!

With that said, I'm not sure if the questions I'd ask would be much better.

1. What events or behaviors would cause you to care enough about the actions of men that you would interfere?

2. If my human lifespan is not the limit of my existence, what else have I experienced or can I look forward to?

3. How can I become as powerful as you?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
1. Why am I here?
2. What is my purpose?
3. Why is ATS Member "Incarnated" answering all these questions like he's you?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by garyo1954
Mine:

1. Why couldn't I eat pork?
2. Why don't I get 72 virgins like Mohammed's guys?
3. What compelled you to create this Jesus guy through an immaculate conception when you never needed to do that before?

The Jewish traditions in the scrolls were misunderstood and nationalistic. Someone asked me how not to get sick and I told them to stay away from pork as it was much less healthy of a food source as it is today.

Mohammed is a free agent with a flair of lying to make the sale.

Jesus wasn't created through an "immaculate conception" in the way of the understandings of commen man's mind believes it is done. Paul spun old mythology from around to make "christianty" more acceptable to the romans. "Jesus" is my top guy in charge of your local creation, he's been around from before any world was created where you're at.

Originally posted by EvilBat
1. can I have your power and knowledge and/or equal to?

2. who,what,when,where,how,why,did,are,is ..all will be answered with that yet.

multi part question
3. If you rested on the 7th day..... who took your spot for the day
and if they took your spot for the day why did they have your power and
why can't I have your power ?

1. No.
2. When your ability to change is passed away.
3. God never "rests". That was a poor misunderstanding of historic texts associated to "God" through the captivity of the Jews in Mesoptamia.
- You can't have God's power because you're not God.

Who knew? God himself posts on ATS! I guess this isn't so much a hypothetical thread, is it?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
1 Do you really exist?
2 If yes, why do you let people destroying our/your planet in your name?
3 Why don't you restart everything and bring peace instead of hate?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join