It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could ask God 3 questions...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
1. Are you God
2. Are you really God
3. Are you really really God

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well... I've already taken this thread seriously and the thread's been bumped...
1. Did he who smelt it, truly dealt it?
2. Am I truly who I say I am when I think I am a doughnut?
3. What is the question to the answer of 42, and could you repeat the answer again? And the question? And the answer? And the question?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
1. Do trees make a sound when no one is around

2. What is the minimum energy that photons must have to produce 46 keV electrons in a Compton scattering?

3. If you had to choose - would you have the Predator or Terminator films.??

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My questions would be as follows:

1. What do YOU like to be called?

2. How did you become aware of yourself?

3. Do you exsist in other Dimensions, if so, which?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Why did you love a race that betrays your creation and murders, rapes and destroys itself?

is there one constant reality we all need in our lives to be happy?

Do you remember how you came to be?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by IconoclasticTalamasca
I would have only one question:

If the bible is true and you are in fact omnipotent, omniscient, and all-loving...how did you manage to screw things up so badly? i mean, really...you have the gift of foresight, dude.

Your limited perspective is failty, the only place things are screwed is in the way you choose to see them.

mankind thinks itself so able to percieve, mankinds greatest weakness is its own ego unchecked.

CHECK IT of check out.

On the down, 4real. The biggest error about the bible is that EGOcentric "christSTAINS" thumb it off beat.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Incarnated]

I prefaced my question with "if what the bible says is true..." or did you not see that part? You don't know me and certainly know nothing of my perspective. Have you read the bible?

If the bible is true and you take it at its word, then every action taken by man was predetermined by the christian god. Everyone is simply doing what they were created to do. Therefore, the baby that was raped and burned alive slipped off of its mortal coil under the direction of the creator. So again, how could he screw things up so badly??

Unless you and I have a deep conversation via U2U, you cannot say my way of thinking is screwed up. You are not qualified to do so.

..Well, you CAN say it, but it lacks validity, signifying nothing. Vacuous at best.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
question 1. what is going on in Lost

question 2. are adidas phantom going to make a comeback

question 3. why are you sat in my seat

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
1) What's the idea behind sweetcorn?

2) Will there ever be an electric van?

3) Is the afterlife getting pretty crowded yet?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

add a question......

when the heck is lost coming back on the air?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
who created or birthed him ?

If no one created or birthed him did he have a choice?

Was Jesus really your son?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i haven't got a question for God right now as I always ask Him questions and He always answers me I am sure that you are looking for something profound here, though.

I think that it is profound to be feeling free to ask God simple questions that He answers immediately. Years ago I asked Him to show me what He looked like so that when I prayed I could look at him. Immediately I got a vision of what God looked like to me. Ever since then I just ask Him questions and He answers me.

At times He has not answered me and that is scarey as I know that I must be out of His will somewhere so I ask Him where I went out of His will and when He tells me I tell Him that I am sorry and ask Him to forgive me. He forgives me and by that time I have forgotten my question and if He answers or not I am so happy to be back under His covering that the question doesn't matter anymore.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Interesting thread. Great joke posts.

Consider though, on the serious, scientific side, as a puzzle, perhaps:

1. If 'God' had nothing to do with "religion", those questions might not yield a satisfactory reply;
2. If 'God' was not a 'being' as some think, but was something else, then many questions might not get a satisfactory answer;
3. If 'God' were a dimensional being, many answers might make no sense to us.

For the first, there are lots, and lots of religions. One could argue that only one of them was the 'true' religion. Or one might argue that they all are. Either way, scientifically, it makes sense to exclude religious themes to make the best use of one's three questions. (Remember we're going at this as a scientific conundrum, here).

For the second, if the thing that created us was a 'Brane', or a vast, inexplicable or undefined cosmic phenomenon, or something 'outside' our Universe, then our 'questions' may make no sense (if you assume the 'Brane' could answer or somehow communicate; or if by magic one could get information about this 'object' or 'construct').

For the third and most interesting, consider this.

In a 2-D world, with only width and length, the beings might be all consumed with rumors of other 'locations' (what we call dimensions). If they asked a question 'what else is there', we, being like Gods to them might answer 'there's "UP"'.

To them we would be invisible, disembodied voices, and our answer, simple to us, would be completely incomprenhensible to them. Indeed, being disembodied, it would be very 'frightening'.

To a 2-D being, we'd be 'ghosts', and supernatural. We could know all about them just by looking 'DOWN' into their flat world. We could tell them how we do it, but even the 'sound' of our words might be damaging (sonic vibrations?), or, having no 'ears' they might not be able to make out what we are saying.

A parallel to Biblical comments and stories about the voice of God being terrifying or how looking upon him would kill us, and how touching his stuff (The arc of the covenant?) could kill us, now suddenly makes sense!

Now, to carry that analogy onward, to 3-D beings imagine a 7th Dimensional 'God' (Master of all possible Universes, all possible Multi-verses). The answers that were given would be equally incomprehensible to us.

A Master of the Multi-verse would have experiences and concepts that are completely alien to us. Even with a Universal Translator, the answers might be things like 'Beyond', or a string of consonants or a sentence with words we understand but strung together in ways that have no meaning. ("The beyond tesseract gloms the hyper-cube, warps the Nth Space" Huh?)

So what is a good question? I don't know. Just thought I'd point out that either the questions, or the answers may not translate into ways we expect. It might still be fun to ask.

It might be a built-in paradox. For instance we talk about going to the 'end of the Universe', but some scientists think that the powerful gravitational forces (or other undiscovered forces) would cause the Universe to bend back upon itself, so there would be no 'end'. If we went far enough, we'd find ourselves warped back to the 'other end', like a Mobius Strip, or a Klein Bottle.

To me the idea of a 'God' would have it built in (frustrating though that might be) that no communication is possible. "He" or "It" can hear us, but dare not answer for fear of harming us. But, if somehow, we might be able to get an answer, but it would likely be completely incomprehensible to us.

When we look into the vastness of the Universe, the Hubble has shown that even the smallest emptiest space is teeming with Galaxies. It gets more complex, not less.

When we look into the smallest of dimensions, the Plank Length, we see the foaming and boiling Quantum universe (Quantum Foam), and more complexity. It never seems to simplify into 'atoms' as we might have thought.

Perplexing, indefinable, and inexplicable, indeed, as J.B.S. Haldane said in his famous quote: "I have no doubt that in reality the future will be vastly more surprising than anything I can imagine. Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose."

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 20/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My 3 questions would be as follows:

1, Why take my Mum away at 49 ?

2, Why create us and then let us destroy ourselves without getting involved ?

3, Why do we die without fulfilling the full potential of our Minds/Brains ?

Pretty simple really, or at least I think they are

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
thought id bring this back from the woodwork.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join