It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What book in the Ender series should I read next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I just finished reading Speaker for the Dead. Should I read more out of the shadow series? Or should I read more of the main series? What should I read next?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well they are all really good books so I reckon you should just read what ever comes next. Im not sure about the last ones as I havnt read them all yet.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
www.fantasticfiction.co.uk...

I went with the Ender's series first (first two books, haven't got the other ones yet) and then the Bean series (have all of those ones). It makes sense to me reading them in that order, i.e. no weird surprises or wondering who the heck so-and-so is.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

I love the Bean series, even more so then the ender series lol. Something about them

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This series of books is best read in the order in which they were written, which is:

Ender's Game
Speaker for the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind
Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets

Various online aids are available that provide further information on the ideas presented in the above books. A website called the Philotic Web shows a timeline of events described in Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow:

www.philoticweb.net...

The author of these novels is Orson Scott Card, whose online site is:

www.hatrack.com...

You can find a lot of information on Card's website, including just now a link to a site which is developing a Battle Room game based on the Battle Room that is a key part of the plot in Ender' Game. Also at that site, you can sign up (or not) for quarterly newsletters.

With reference to "Speaker for the Dead", Card has written, " ...And yet to me, at least, the most important stories are the ones that teach us how to be civilized: the stories about children and adults, about responsibility and decency."

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I would recommend reading Xenocide next as it is the next book in the series. But you also might want to consider branching off into Bean's story starting with Ender's Shaddow.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

top topics

join