It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Christians Are Jews

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Vall there are a number of meanings of "jew" not just one....

\Jew\, n. [OF. Juis, pl., F. Juif, L. Judaeus, Gr. ?, fr. ?
the country of the Jews, Judea, fr. Heb. Y?h?d[=a]h Judah, son of Jacob. Cf. [Judaic].]
Originally, one belonging to the tribe or kingdom of Judah; after the return from the Babylonish captivity, any member of the new state; a Hebrew; an Israelite.

So it can be anyone who is decendent from jacob.

But the word itself is "Yah dah" Meaning "God Praisers" (I think, hard to find out as my book on it is missing)

Sor originally it was the people who praised God. ... and the mixing with Jacob, is coincidental.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Vall there are a number of meanings of "jew" not just one....

\Jew\, n. [OF. Juis, pl., F. Juif, L. Judaeus, Gr. ?, fr. ?
the country of the Jews, Judea, fr. Heb. Y?h?d[=a]h Judah, son of Jacob. Cf. [Judaic].]
Originally, one belonging to the tribe or kingdom of Judah; after the return from the Babylonish captivity, any member of the new state; a Hebrew; an Israelite.

So it can be anyone who is decendent from jacob.

But the word itself is "Yah dah" Meaning "God Praisers" (I think, hard to find out as my book on it is missing)

Sor originally it was the people who praised God. ... and the mixing with Jacob, is coincidental.

NetChicken...am I going to have to slap you? You have the answer right there.. JUDAH...son of Jacob. Jacob had 12 sons. 10 of the tribes originating from these 12 sons settled in the north of Israel. 2 settled in the south Judah and Benjamin. It is the SOUTHERN portion (Judah and Benjamin) that constitute the land or kingdom of "Judah" and hence the Jews. The "samaritans" were of the 10 tribes to the north.

Furthermore...a JEW is necessarily an ISRAELITE who is necessarily a HEBREW...BUT a HEBREW is not necessarily an ISRAELITE who is not necessarly a JEW.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Vall, slap away

Judah does NOT mean son of Jacob. Bar-jakob would be the word for that.

I am arguing from memory here, but reitterate that its a coincidence that the words are similar.

Mordicai in esther was the first person called a "jew" and he came from the tribe of Judah sent to babylon, but the two words are not derived from each other....

Its not fair without my resources I can't prove that what I am saying is correct.

"Yah Dah" didn't refer to just the tribe of Judah, but to ALL people who praised with upright arms.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Vall, slap away

Judah does NOT mean son of Jacob. Bar-jakob would be the word for that.

NetChicken - *backslap*

I did NOT say Judah "meant son of Jacob"...where'd you get that. Judah WAS the son of Jacob.

Listen, I have to go to work, but I will come back tonight and quote references that you can look up that will prove to you that bloodline Jews are only of the two southern tribes of Judah and Benjamin. The northern 10 tribes (which are now the lost tribes of the Israelites) were NEVER Jews - no matter what position their arms were in (LOL). They, in fact, were the Samaritans! SO...we'll revisit this later.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The Catholics got their Old Testamet from the Dead Sea Scrolls (as did the Jews, Muslems/Islams, Gnostics, Rosicrucians, etcetera).

The authors of the Dead Sea Scrolls were the Essenes...

www.essenespirit.com...

They were a secretive group who studied all religions and practices, believing everything was just an aspect of God and the universe.

Their two major sources of information came from the Hindus and Chaldeans...

The Chaldeans were a nomadic people who eventually settled and formed the city-state of Ur; ie, Sumerians.

The Sumerian Zoroaster left his native land and traveled to India, teaching his way of a One God, and had major influence over the development of Hinduism.

So, in essence, the Essenes developed their way of life from the Sumerians.

IE, we are all Sumerians!

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Jews (religion) follow the old laws which are contained in the Torah (Pentateuch), Nevi'im (Prophets), and Ketuvim (Writings).

Christians follow the teachings of Jesus as given in the New Testament. They believe that he was the Christ which was spoken of in the Old Testament, the Messiah and Saviour of mankind.

Both do share a faith in the Old Testament history and prophesies, but other than that, Christians have about as much in common with Judaism as they do with Islam.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
All the religions mentioned came from the same geographical area.

Two of them had prophets born of a virgin mother, who preached about the one true God (Jesus and Zororaster).

The Great Deluge.

All have the man known as Abraham being central to their beliefs.

They all have the same Genesis.

They all have a betrayal/war in the heavens, with the loser being cast out.

The Koran and the Hebrew Bible are each a side of the same coin. One is the word of God, the other is the words of the men of God.

The Koran and Hebrew both have Jesus.

Noah, in Sumerian, means great journey or great adventure... don't remember which one.

There's more, but I'd have to post it later.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
All the religions mentioned came from the same geographical area.

Two of them had prophets born of a virgin mother, who preached about the one true God (Jesus and Zororaster).

The Great Deluge.

All have the man known as Abraham being central to their beliefs.

They all have the same Genesis.

They all have a betrayal/war in the heavens, with the loser being cast out.

The Koran and the Hebrew Bible are each a side of the same coin. One is the word of God, the other is the words of the men of God.

The Koran and Hebrew both have Jesus.

Noah, in Sumerian, means great journey or great adventure... don't remember which one.

There's more, but I'd have to post it later.

There is a huge amount of information that links the Sumerian religion to that of the Israelites. From what I have read, it seems like there is a strong chance that they were just telling the same story from different perspectives. There are also many parrallels between the history and messages of Krishna, Buddah, Osirius, Horus, and Jesus that kinda make you go, hmmm?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

No, thats totally wrong.
Jews don't believe that the Messiah has come, christians believe he is Jesus.

The ethnicity of Jesus has nothing to do with belief in him....

You had to throw that in didn't you.

Just as bait for me. Well, it matters because the Bible warns of false christs.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel
There is a huge amount of information that links the Sumerian religion to that of the Israelites.

There are also many parrallels between the history and messages of Krishna, Buddah, Osirius, Horus, and Jesus that kinda make you go, hmmm?

My point exactly. All the major religions are connected. It isn't so much that they have the same arch-types, but also the details, and the number of coincidences.

All the religions are the same thing, just with different names; with all the readings I've done (and do), everything continues to point me back to Sumer.

But, in regards to the threads title... Christians are not Jews. Jews don't except Christ as the Messiah, while Christians do. Their religions may be connected, but the belief isn't.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer

My point exactly. All the major religions are connected. It isn't so much that they have the same arch-types, but also the details, and the number of coincidences.

All the religions are the same thing, just with different names; with all the readings I've done (and do), everything continues to point me back to Sumer.

I'm with you on that up to a point. But you are ignoring one major religion that would have had an absolutely massive influence on Judaism and especially Christianity - The Egyptian religion.
As you've already stated, religions have evolved from one another. This doesn't necessarily mean that they evolved from just one other religion. Christianity seems to be a hybrid of Judaic and Egyptian doctrine and probably veers to the latter. Judaism itself contains much that came out of Egypt. The fact that the Jews were exiled in Egypt in Biblical times means that it is almost certain that some Egyptian belief rubbed off on them.

It is probable that the Egyptians took some ideas from ancient Sumeria - the worship of many gods which came into Egyptian belief seems to emanate from outside it's borders. For example - it is known that Syria contributed much to the character of Osiris. Remember too that Sumer was not a monotheastic culture as we see in the modern religions.

But the Egyptian concept of Ma'at is what convinces me that Egypt is the mother of all modern religions. Forget the trappings of all the gods which were added later to appease outsiders and dissenters. Ma'at seems to have appeared in the beginning of Egyptian theology and seems to have a far more incorruptable foundation than either previous or latter day religions.

As for the Dead Sea scrolls? The controversy surrounding their 50 year editing and the disgusting antics of the International Team has created a cloud which is only beginning to be lifted. There is a theory that their origins prove that Christianity emerged from a Judaic sect at Qumran before Jesus was born!!!
The International Team in charge of editing and deciphering the texts was mainly made up of Catholic theologists. No wonder they dragged their heels for so long and tried to cover up the findings. The Dead Sea Scrolls have the potential to blow Christianity's perceived roots right out of the water.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I know my reply is rather out of date, but just for the record and in response to the thread title: 'All Christians are Jews' the following.

The word of God is VERY clear: Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no mancometh unto the Father, but by me.

The ONLY way back to God is through Jesus Christ. There IS NO other way. Jesus is the end of the Law: Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

I am sorry if I am harsh but NO man can come to the Father by means of the sacrificial system of the Old Testament. Not anymore!

Further more, although the Jewish people staying in Israel today are Jews by name, they are not the true Jews! I am sorry but this is according to the word of God. It is not what I am saying. The word of God says so.

Rom 2 v 28 and 29
28. For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29. But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

As per the word of God, ANYONE that excepts Jesus as their only Lord and Saviour (Jews and Gentiles alike) becomes a true Jew! According to God’s word both Jews and Gentiles that except Jesus as their Saviour become ONE!

Eph 2 v 12 to 17:
12. That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13. But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14. For he is our peace, who hath made both one (Jews and Gentiles) , and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16. And that he might reconcile both (Jews and Gentiles) unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17. And came and preached peace to you which were afar off (Gentiles), and to them that were nigh (Jews).

(Emphasis and explanation added)

Regards Andrew

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

As per the word of God, ANYONE that excepts Jesus as their only Lord and Saviour (Jews and Gentiles alike) becomes a true Jew! According to God’s word both Jews and Gentiles that except Jesus as their Saviour become ONE!

So, is your answer, then, Yes?
And there are fake Jews and real Jews?
I think you might be a fake Christian, how does that make you feel?
What makes you a Jew? Being a Jew would be following God's law, but you deny it.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by quintar

Ok jesus linage was from the house of Judah, The country of Israel is occupied by the house of Judah

it is not the whole tribe.

Judaism is not Gods template.

God did not give his commandments just to one tribe.

I get frustrated at the whole Jew thing, the tribes are still scattered. so Christians are NOT Jews in any way, some may have a lineage to the house of Judah, but many Christians will have a lineage to the other tribes and gentile nations.

david

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

It is a little difficult to explain why I would or would not agree with you. If you go to Nicodemus and his discussion with Christ, and later Christ discussing with certain Pharisees, you notice the term being used; being from Abraham. So the Jew thing is not really a proper term for Christians. We are in the Apocalypse and that is why we, in the last days, are brought into the greater Nation of God.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
First, I will be using the word Jew to describe the religion, not the lineage. Yes, all Christians are Jews. Here's why I think so. Every thread I get into about the debate over evolution, the 'con' side is always defended by Christians who just love to quote the Old Testament, or as it is known in Judaism, The Torah. If Christians want to claim they are not 'Jews for Jesus', then they should leave the Holy Book of the Jews alone, and concentrate on their Book, the New Testament. You can't have it both ways! Either you are Jewish Christians, or you don't put any 'faith' in the Holy Book of that religion. There, as simple as I can make it.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yeah.....I'm not so sure about taking jews as a race. The ethnic part of being 'jew' is inextricably linked to the religion, and a race is not a religion, so jewishness is not an ethnicity as far as I'm concerned. People use the term 'semite', but then again, that term is not exclusive to the jews.
About what Valhall said on page one, about 4 years ago....Abraham was not the first 'hebrew'. The first hebrew would be Eber (where I think the name came from).

Jesus considered himself to be a follower of the Jewish faith, and swore that he did not come to nullify the law. After him, James concentrated on the Jewishness of Christianity, while Paul concentrated on the Gentileness, and thus both had their own methods and ideas.

Now to ask, is Christianity a continuation of the same beliefs followed by Adam----Noah-----Abraham----Moses, then yes. I'm not sure 'Christianity' is a suitable name for this belief...you could just call it "the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength and Love your neighbor as yourself", but that is quite a mouthful. Maybe it's shorter and sounds cooler in the original hebrew.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by babloyi]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join