It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Christians Are Jews

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
okay, a friend and I were arguing about this.

Jesus was Jewish. That's a fact. He didn't believe exactly like what the main Jewish population believed at the time, but he still followed the Jewish religion.

Christians believe in Christ, who was Jewish, essentialy making them believe in Judism.

if all apples are oranges, and all oranges are pears, then apples are definitely pears. Same idea.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
No, thats totally wrong.
Jews don't believe that the Messiah has come, christians believe he is Jesus.

The ethnicity of Jesus has nothing to do with belief in him....

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I wouldn't say christians are "ALL JEWS".

But what I would say is that we once were the jews that believed that the messiah was comming.

Jews believe that the messiah is still coming.

We are the ones that believe it already came.

How about the greeks that believed in multiple Gods and turned to Jesus Christ, whould that make them a jew?

later,

Reason

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well, actually, if you want to get technical, Christ didn't fulfill the role of Meshiach (Messiah) on his first visit. He didn't fulfill it because the Jews didn't allow him to - they rejected him in that role.

SO...technically speaking, the Messiah hasn't come yet because when he got here, they wouldn't let him be the Messiah.

He's going to fulfill that role on the second visit - and something tells me he isn't going to give the Jews a vote this time.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ahh vall, are you sure, he "fulfilled it" but the Jews didn't realise he was establishing a spiritual kingdom on earth, not a physical one. So the jews didn't recognise the fulfillment of the prophets.

Originally posted by Valhall
Well, actually, if you want to get technical, Christ didn't fulfill the role of Meshiach (Messiah) on his first visit. He didn't fulfill it because the Jews didn't allow him to - they rejected him in that role.

He's going to fulfill that role on the second visit - and something tells me he isn't going to give the Jews a vote this time.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We believe in a jewish man who was the son of god. Its a whole different religion.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Ahh vall, are you sure, he "fulfilled it" but the Jews didn't realise he was establishing a spiritual kingdom on earth, not a physical one. So the jews didn't recognise the fulfillment of the prophets.

We're saying the same thing NetChicken...that's why I prefaced it with "technically".

Had the Jews accepted their Messiah (and yes he was here), a lot of things would NOT have had to take place. Lucky for all us gentiles they were stiff-necked about the whole thing.

But TECHNICALLY, because of their rejection, the role of Messiah by Christ has not been fulfilled according to the prophecies...those prophecies will be fulfilled in the second coming.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Aren't we all Jewish people? I mean the whole human race came from Adam and Eve, and so forth.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
LOL ktpr...

Adam and Eve weren't Jewish.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Start with Abraham - Abraham was the first Hebrew - but he was not Jewish.

All of Abraham's descendants can be considered "Hebrews".

From Abraham's son Ishmael - the Arab nations - they are Hebrews as well.

From Abraham's son Isaac - the Israelites. All of Isaacs descendants can be considered Israelites. Arabs are not Israelites, but they are Hebrews.

Skip to the 12 tribes of Israel (12 sons of Jacob who is son of Isaac)

The tribes of Judah and Benjamin - these are the Jews. These are the only Israelites that are "Jews". Now what I am talking about here is bloodline, not religious belief. you can be "Jewish" in your religion but unless you descend from the line of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin, you are not a "blood" Jew.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Matthew 5:17 states that Jesus "Came not to destroy the law or the prophets but to fulfill them." He was a jew but christianity spawned from him. Jews (Isreallis) are welcome to him as well. But christians are not jews.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Whoops. My bad. Who knows what other crazy religious ideas I have rolling around in my empty head

Actually, given your explaination, it follows that not all Christians are blood line Jews. So all Christians are not Jews.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

LOL ktpr...

Adam and Eve did not exist. They were symbolic of mankind. It was a story in the bible.

Furthermore, I believe the Jewish religion started in Eastern Europe somehwere (from another recent post which of course I cannot find right now, and other reading).

And since Jewishness is a religion, I don't see how that attribute would pass from one group to another.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

LOL ktpr...

Adam and Eve did not exist. They were symbolic of mankind. It was a story in the bible.

Furthermore, I believe the Jewish religion started in Eastern Europe somehwere (from another recent post which of course I cannot find right now, and other reading).

And since Jewishness is a religion, I don't see how that attribute would pass from one group to another.

Well hopefully you find that misplaced link, because right now...this is a bunch of speculation, right?

"Jewishness" is not a religion necessarily. You can be a Jew and be a nonbelieving Jew - not follow Judeaism. You can also be a Gentile and follow Judeaism and not be a Jew.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Okay, I did find the thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

No, thats totally wrong.
Jews don't believe that the Messiah has come, christians believe he is Jesus.

The ethnicity of Jesus has nothing to do with belief in him....

he said all Christians are Jews, not both ways around
therefore, not all Jews are also Christians
it's only the Christians are also Jews

I think...

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Christianity is based on Judaism and a number of other ifluences than the " X " factor. Jesus may have been Jewish but that does not make " Christianity " a Jewish Doctrine.

Jews are a race are they not? Christianity is a "Religion ".

Deep

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
"jewish" is a bit confusing to define.
Its not necessrerily ethnicity or racial.

Although the tribe of "Judah" and "jew" are similar words by sound, they have different meanings and are not derived from each other.

"jew" I think means "those people who pray with their arms upraised" (vague memories of reading this somwhere). So therefore people could be considered that by their religous practices.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

"jewish" is a bit confusing to define.
Its not necessrerily ethnicity or racial.

Althouth there tribe of "Judah" and "jew" are similar words by sound, they have different meanings and are not derived from each other.

"jew" I think means "those people who pray with their arms upraised" (vague memories of reading this somwhere). So therefore people could be considered that by their religous practices.

NetChicken...did you totally ignore my post? Am I on global ignore or something?

The information I posted prior in this thread didn't come out of my number generator
It is legitimate.

Jews = descendants of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin.

then on a religious stance
Jews = followers of Judeaism

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Jews = descendants of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin.

then on a religious stance
Jews = followers of Judeaism

That being said Christians are not Jewish then, but do share some similar doctrinal influences........

Deep

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join