It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why they hate AMERICA

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
I see traffic all the time on the highway does it mean everyone in Canada is transporting WMD's? I see traffic after Katrina does it mean they were the ones who caused it? Your statements are based on flawed assumptions. People were leaving the war behind. If you or Bush had proof of the WMD's leaving to Syria they would have intercepted it, or they would have attacked Syria.

There were civilian vehicles and tractor trailers. If they were hit, the media would have a field day for civilians that were killed in the strike.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Thats great man...let me see if I have this right...U.S. military members..
1. Fools
2. Broke Teens..meaning desperate and no future?, is that right?
3. Thrill Killers

Nice one Agit8d

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
You saw traffic ??? *LMFAO* Ummmm...So what ?

So you think you saying "I saw traffic..." would stand up in any sort of legal situation ?

You mean something like this:

www.washtimes.com...

"Saddam Hussein periodically removed guards on the Syrian border and replaced them with his own intelligence agents who supervised the movement of banned materials between the two countries, U.S. investigators have discovered.

The recent discovery by the Bush administration's Iraq Survey Group (ISG) is fueling speculation, but is not proof, that the Iraqi dictator moved prohibited weapons of mass destruction (WMD) into Syria before the March 2003 invasion by a U.S.-led coalition."

"Of activity on the Syrian border, Gen. Clapper said, "There is no question that there was a lot of traffic, increase in traffic up to the immediate onset of combat and certainly during Iraqi Freedom. ... The obvious conclusion one draws is the sudden upturn, uptick in traffic which may have been people leaving the scene, fleeing Iraq and unquestionably, I'm sure, material as well."

Yep, no worries about vehicles going into Syria.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Here's another tidbit to keep you thinking:

archive.newsmax.com...

"Quoting Sami al-Araji, Iraq's deputy minister of industry since the 1980s, the Times said:

"It appeared that a highly organized operation had pinpointed specific plants in search of valuable equipment, some of which could be used for both military and civilian applications, and carted the machinery away."

Calling the operation "sophisticated," Dr. Araji said the removal effort featured "cranes and the lorries, and they depleted the whole sites," adding, "They knew what they were doing."

Probably stolen and sold for money, but who bought it?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

inhindsight, fair enough.

... but...

if you join today, knowing all you know, then isnt there something wrong there?

i mean, you know there were no weapons,
you know it has nothing to do with 911, and you know the pain caused for Iraqi's... so what possible reasons are there to join up and join in the fun?

If you joined BEFORE any of this happened, ok, you did it for the reasons at the time.

as for broke teens?

I mean teens who have nothing else to do...

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

It's quite obvious that Iraq had "WMD's" at the time the investigation for the invasion began ..

In fact, we know for a fact they had them, because we gave them the "wmd's" ..

But where did they go?

Syria. And that much is obvious as well.. the weapons and stock piles didn't just vanish, and we know they where never decomitioned.. so where did they go, to who's hands did they fall? I hope they are controlled by the Syrian armed forces, buried in the desert, worst case scenario, Syria didn't want to be caught with them and sold them on the black market.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Like I already said, that does not constitute proof of anything....Merely opinion and one or two persons say so...

And again, who cares ? They should have kept the VX and used it on US troops...Cowards like that blindly and willingly fighting immoral wars deserve what they get...

The more bodybags with US military personnel leaving Iraq, the better IMO...Cowards deserve nothing more...

EDIT to add---Who cares what they DID with the chems....The fact remains, you said Blix said they found them....Which they did not...No WmD's were found in Iraq or Syria for that matter...So keep on a clutchin'

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Rilence]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

wrong, we gave them wmds in the 80's, of which were destroyed.
he had nothing when the invasion began, he didnt even have the means to MAKE them.... so how could he of had them?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

So when the US gave Iraq WMD's did the US not know that Iraq would use them? If they did not then with all due respect your leaders should not be leaders. The war with Kuwait was in fact the fault of the ambassador to Iraq.
Saddam told him about the slant drilling situation and he did not warn him.
So what does that tell you guys?

Saddam Hussein - If we could keep the whole of the Shatt al Arab - our strategic goal in our war with Iran - we will make concessions (to the Kuwaitis). But, if we are forced to choose between keeping half of the Shatt and the whole of Iraq (i.e., in Saddam s view, including Kuwait ) then we will give up all of the Shatt to defend our claims on Kuwait to keep the whole of Iraq in the shape we wish it to be. (pause) What is the United States' opinion on this?

U.S. Ambassador Glaspie - We have no opinion on your Arab - Arab conflicts, such as your dispute with Kuwait. Secretary (of State James) Baker has directed me to emphasize the instruction, first given to Iraq in the 1960's, that the Kuwait issue is not associated with America. (Saddam smiles)
Source

Source #2

So the Kuwait war was actually a set-up to take down Saddam. The Ambassador dropped the ball and he should have been punished. The US are the ones who gave Iraq the WMD's so they knew that Iraq was going to use them.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hey OP, good thread !!
A real eye opener, but I'm saddened by some of the responses here. It seems some people here are having trouble keeping their emotions in check.

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Just wondering..

Would you be mad if I made a thread with a hundred pictures depicting the racism and exploitations of Australia?

As an Australian, I don't mind in the least. Fair dues 'n all that.
While I love my country, I acknowledge the wrong doings by our past and present rulers. There are always lessons to be learned, imo that's better than being blindly patriotic and think my country is the best so therefore we can do no wrong.

Or how about some nasty photos of Australian troops in Iraq?

Cuz, case you forgot, mate, your country is there to.

No need for nasty photos, cause yeah we're involved too, tho most of our boys are in Afghanistan now. Aust, UK and the US are thick as thieves..

But just to clarify, I don't believe the entire country can possibly be as ignorant as you are..

Don't be too sure, actually we are very Americanized. You'd fit in here nicely but you need to ditch that blind patriotism.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
Oh please....propaganda...propaganda...propaganda....

Jealousy is the number one reason that leads to hatred.

I am so damn sick of these we hate America threads.

Despite what you all want and wish for. We are not going any where.

We are still going to be the big boy on the block. We are still the greatest nation in the world!!!!!

In your signature you have a quote that says "Those who do not know their history, are doomed to repeat it!!!! ".

Please remove this quote from your signature immediately as you obviously dont know what it means, nor have any intention of following what it suggests.

You are the epitomy of why the world hates America.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Like I already said, that does not constitute proof of anything....Merely opinion and one or two persons say so...

And again, who cares ? They should have kept the VX and used it on US troops...Cowards like that blindly and willingly fighting immoral wars deserve what they get...

The more bodybags with US military personnel leaving Iraq, the better IMO...Cowards deserve nothing more...

EDIT to add---Who cares what they DID with the chems....The fact remains, you said Blix said they found them....Which they did not...No WmD's were found in Iraq or Syria for that matter...So keep on a clutchin'

Well, we haven't checked Syria yet.

Yep, used the VX on US troops. Sounds like someone safely tucked away in a basement somewhere. Do you realize what would have happened if the Iraqi Army did stand and fight, and used VX? Have you the slightest clue? Obviously not.

Blix said they had some VX, it was poor quality, and they destroyed it in 1991. OK, so I was mistaken. He didn't say the had it. If you read a bit further in the document, he also said:

"There are also indications that the agent was weaponised. In addition, there are questions to be answered concerning the fate of the VX precursor chemicals, which Iraq states were lost during bombing in the Gulf War or were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq."

Dude, since you've never been there, let me tell you something: Iraq is very big, and a lot of it is desert. You can't tell me something is hidden out there that we'll never find. They had fighters out there from the First Gulf War that we didn't find until OIF.

But that's ok. Just pull the pillow over your head and keep talking about how the US is a terrible place.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Well, we haven't checked Syria yet.

Yep, used the VX on US troops. Sounds like someone safely tucked away in a basement somewhere. Do you realize what would have happened if the Iraqi Army did stand and fight, and used VX? Have you the slightest clue? Obviously not.

Blix said they had some VX, it was poor quality, and they destroyed it in 1991. OK, so I was mistaken. He didn't say the had it. If you read a bit further in the document, he also said:

"There are also indications that the agent was weaponised. In addition, there are questions to be answered concerning the fate of the VX precursor chemicals, which Iraq states were lost during bombing in the Gulf War or were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq."

Dude, since you've never been there, let me tell you something: Iraq is very big, and a lot of it is desert. You can't tell me something is hidden out there that we'll never find. They had fighters out there from the First Gulf War that we didn't find until OIF. But that's ok. Just pull the pillow over your head and keep talking about how the US is a terrible place.

So, in your opinion, the fact that they do not know where these supposed WMD's are but they speculate they exist is enough just cause to invade a country and slaughter hundreds of thousands of innocent people? All on speculation?

Thank god nobody is stupid enough to give YOU any sort of power, you'll be the type that invades Sweden on the premise that they MAY be hiding Nazi war criminals.

Please take that pillow and place it over your own head. Do not remove.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Better Dead than Smeg
So, in your opinion, the fact that they do not know where these supposed WMD's are but they speculate they exist is enough just cause to invade a country and slaughter hundreds of thousands of innocent people? All on speculation?

Thank god nobody is stupid enough to give YOU any sort of power, you'll be the type that invades Sweden on the premise that they MAY be hiding Nazi war criminals.

Hmmmm...another intelligent post. I love ATS.

Did Saddam have WMDs? Well, ask the Iranians and Kurds. They have first hand knowledge of that better than anyone.

Did he have them when we invaded? Probably, but nothing like what we were led to believe.

As I said before (if you had actually bothered to read any other posts):

"Suppose you were confronted with a menacing man who said he was going to shoot you. He reaches into his pocket. Would you wait to see if he really was armed or would you take immediate action to disarm him -- perhaps lethally.

Now, suppose you find he had a toy gun or perhaps no weapon at all. Would you not still feel justified in your actions?"

Here's an interesting link. Maybe you want to give it a read before using your pillow.

www.state.gov...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Hmmmm...another intelligent post. I love ATS.

Did Saddam have WMDs? Well, ask the Iranians and Kurds. They have first hand knowledge of that better than anyone.

Did he have them when we invaded? Probably, but nothing like what we were led to believe.

As I said before (if you had actually bothered to read any other posts):

"Suppose you were confronted with a menacing man who said he was going to shoot you. He reaches into his pocket. Would you wait to see if he really was armed or would you take immediate action to disarm him -- perhaps lethally.

Now, suppose you find he had a toy gun or perhaps no weapon at all. Would you not still feel justified in your actions?"

Here's an interesting link. Maybe you want to give it a read before using your pillow.

www.state.gov...

Actually I would feel pretty disgusted that I allowed myself to succumb to ignorant thinking and acting without forethought.

I would then spend the rest of my life making amends to that mans family.

It is men like you that send us into wars that should not happen.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
NEVER BEFORE HAVE I HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO READ SUCH TRASH.

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET.

WE ARE THE ULTIMATE FORCE OF GOOD IN THE WORLD.

I FIND IT AMAZING THAT THE MODERATORS WILL REMOVE PRO AMERICAN POSTS AND LET ALL OF YOU HATE MONGERS POST YOUR TRASH...

SIMPLY AND UTTERLY DISGUSTING.

YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso
NEVER BEFORE HAVE I HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO READ SUCH TRASH.

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET.

WE ARE THE ULTIMATE FORCE OF GOOD IN THE WORLD.

I FIND IT AMAZING THAT THE MODERATORS WILL REMOVE PRO AMERICAN POSTS AND LET ALL OF YOU HATE MONGERS POST YOUR TRASH...

SIMPLY AND UTTERLY DISGUSTING.

YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

1. I am not American

2. I am not entirely sure what "POSTS" you are referring to.

3. I feel very sorry for your keyboard.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Better Dead than Smeg]

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Better Dead than Smeg]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by styxxz

Nothing I have said in this thread so far as been "patriotic" .. and if you read any other part of ATS except rabid Liberal threads, you would know that I am both against the war and the Government as a whole, being a devout Libertarian.

I only question the motives of the OP.. who has made some.. disturbing threads in the past. He simply holds resentment against America for no particular reason..

I prefer facts. And playing devils advocate.

PS: The weapons where not destroyed, as after the First Gulf War they where used against Kurds in the Northern parts of Iraq.. there has never been conclusive evidence that either they where destroyed or even stopped making them. Not nukes, thats rubbish, but I believe they had nerve agents and perhaps biological weapons.. because as I said, we gave them the weapons.. to develop their own. To use against Iran.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It is men like you that send us into wars that should not happen.

You ought to be thankful there are guys like me willing to fight.

"You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go."

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
PS: The weapons where not destroyed, as after the First Gulf War they where used against Kurds in the Northern parts of Iraq.. there has never been conclusive evidence that either they where destroyed or even stopped making them. Not nukes, thats rubbish, but I believe they had nerve agents and perhaps biological weapons.. because as I said, we gave them the weapons.. to develop their own. To use against Iran.

Good point. I didn't think of that. They have found small amounts of chemical weapons, but not huge stockpiles. Of course, since this is a small amount, no one gives it any credit. "Oh, it's just a bit of mustard gas. That's no sweat!"

Ask the two guys that had an IED blow up near them and were exposed to Sarin. I wonder what they have to say about that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join