It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Satan repents then what happens...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Lets say for the sake of the arguement that something like that happens, what happens after that? How would God let us know that the war between good and evil is over? Would he even let us know? How an event like that would change our life here on earth?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Satan has nothing to repent about. God Almighty is the one that wont repent.

Some moment you shall realize just who wrote this post. You will be amazed at who wrote it in response.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

Well but thats not the point of this thread... I just want to know what believers think if a scenario like this would come to pass.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have pondered the same thing.

I think if he knelt to Jesus and surrendered to him; he would be forgiven. I do not think he is capable of it anymore. Can you recall the difference between being angry and being in a rage? I can and I do not like myself like that. There's a point where you lose control and do things you later regret.I think Satan is stuck in perpetual rage.

He actually lost the war at the cross, but he keeps fighting out of spite. God has the funny thing about knowing the future so I guess its a foregone conclusion it can't happen.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Yeah I guess that Satan find himself in a conundrum like wehave witness here with people like Saddam, Hitler and others, that even when face with certain death they are so caught up with hate, that they are blinded of reason. Evil is the word that comes to my mind right now, but heck it was good to give it a thought.

But no doubt that if he change his ways he would be forgiven.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Well yea.... hopefuly he would be forgiven.... if he wasnt I think Id get kinda worried lol.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

when Messiah returns to remove satan, the "god"of this world, 1 of G-D's angels chains satan and cast's him into a prison/abyss for 1000years.
at the end of those 1000 years while we have been enjoying peace on the earth,he is released.
the first thing he does is go out to deceive the nations and stir them up to start another war(revelation20:7-10)
this time he is thrown into the lake of fire where he will live in torment forever.
just as bigwhammy said it appears that he cannot repent-----somehow his character is fixed into an evil mode that will never change

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
ok so hell would freeze over on that day, but even if lucifer left someone else would take his place because you cant have good without evil they are self balancing forces and besides the real question for me is who was ruling over hell before lucifer

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The message of the Bible is one that applies to us, God's human creation. It is a message of redemption to the descendants of Adam, those who are paying the penalty of the first Adam's mistake are redeemed by the second Adam's sacrifice. The angels, among which Satan is numbered, are not part of that line.

The Bible doesn't seem to indicate anything except that Satan won't and that his defeat is fixed. We have no basis on which to speculate alternative histories or courses of action except our own imaginations, which, especially in this case, have no basis in any possible reality.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

Satan is the one that has the problem, Mabus.

God has repented many times. One of His more widely known instances is when He was upset that He had even made mankind. It grieved him and His heart ached and was filled with pain. How someone can sit down and read Genesis 6: 1-8 without crying, at least once in their lifetime is beyond me. So attempt to cry with your Maker - it will do you good Son.

Satan seems to have a problem with authority in general but if he would repent, I think compassion would win and he would be forgiven. Better question would be 'Could you forgive Satan?' Imagine him on trial and every single person, who has ever died is paraded before him, as a witness against him. Would you have compassion? Could you sweep it all under the rug?

In some way it does remind me of the parable of the lost sheep, where the Shepherd has a flock of 100 and loses one. He leaves the entire flock to go find that one lost sheep. The Gospel of Thomas adds at the end of this parable, that when he finds this lost and most beautiful sheep, the Shepherd ends up telling the lost sheep, that he loved him more than all the others.

Compassion is the key.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Y'know, maybe Satan has already repented. Hell serves a purpose, and maybe, if you want to look at it from a human perspective, he'd just rather stay there. I mean, he P.O.ed the big guy, it's possible his ego won't let him return, or God has him in hell as his penance or something.
Keep in mind, we don't know what hell is like, except for us it's bad. Besides, while he didn't exactly usurp God, people sure fear him more than they do God.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

But then how we know by what set of rules do angels has to abide by? The fact is that we dont, we know of some episodes describe in the bible when angles got punished for their actions but that dont mean that they went sent to hell, or banish from heaven. I believe God's mercy has no boundaries and he might as well forgive and welcomw him if he repented, at least thats the God that I have come to believe in.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The very idea of suffering for eternity without choosing to do so is preposterous. Just as is the idea of choosing to suffer for eternity. No one would choose that. It is my understanding that God experiences through all, and therefore wouldn't want to get stuck in a hell without a means of escape. He would not gamble with his own existence.

If the ultimate evil wanted to go back to the source, he would have to merge with the ultimate good. In between is balance or harmony, and the highest god contains all good and all evil. Not one or the other. Therefore it makes no sense to me that Satan would need to repent any more than his opposite would need to repent to him.

Like Smith and Neo, a duality at odds, yet inevitably they end up balancing the equation by coming together.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

"this time he is thrown into the lake of fire where he will live in torment forever.

I don't believe any individual or deity whether Satan or you or me will ever live in torment forever, technically speaking to live in torment forever would mean we have already existed forever! If this is the case there are infinity amounts of time or a whole eternity left for eventual change and progression.

I believe we are all good and bad at one point in time and by someone saying that Satan can never change because of his current disposition is narrowminded considering there is an eternity left out there for change! Tormenting forever
, who wants to torment forever.
Do we think if there is a Satan he enjoys tormenting forever or burning in a lake of fire? If he knew a way out of it don't you think he might eventually work at it?

Just A Thought!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

i have no idea that is a very fgood Q but i dont think anything like that wold happen its not in bible prophecy i dont know but if it would happen i think God would let us know and we would have no tempter

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
from reading the scriptures i can only try to say what i think i see.
it would appear that all the angels including satan and the 1/3 angels that followed him in his rebellion against G-D are immortals----they never die.

even if satan and his angels wanted to suicide themselves to escape the mental anguish they have brought upon themselves by breaking G-D's laws---this is impossible for them.

they should have realized the consequences of their failure in trying to overthrow their Maker(isaiah14:12-14/ezekiel28:12-17/revelation12:4-9)

there will never be peace for those that want peace while these ones live near us, so after the +1000 years of G-D's kingdom on earth my guess is that they will be sent far away from us to live with each other and argue forever about who should really be their boss ?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've often thought about what would happen in the war between good and evil if one side lost. It can't its not possible. There can be no good without evil to define itjust as there can't be no evil without good to define it. Its only my opinion but its how I feel.

-Aza

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
To the original post,

Richard Dawkin's head would explode.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Lets say for the sake of the arguement that something like that happens, what happens after that? How would God let us know that the war between good and evil is over? Would he even let us know? How an event like that would change our life here on earth?

let me start by saying i think this is impossible. satan was not born flawed or imperfect so his rebellion is pure enmity with god. im guessing that would mean that he knew what he was doing back then (eden) and he knows what he's doing now. so im not sure that its possible for him to feel regret.

nor do i think that god would forgive him, for the same reason as above.

but.... since its hypothetical...

i think if satan repented and god forgave then things would change. i dont thing the world would be getting worse like it is. im not sure people would be as ill tempered or in a rush to destroy.

scriptures called satan the god of the "air". so lets say your breathing toxins, it would influence you and eventually kill you. i think if satan turned, that influence would not be there, so i can definatly see the world improving.

i still think we would have to wait for the ransom to be applied so i dont think it would be a paradise immediately. and one has to ask did the demons turn back with satan?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join