It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected Cop Killer Strangled in Cell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Suspected Cop Killer Strangled in Cell

www.wjla.com

The man accused of running down and killing a Prince George's County police officer on Friday was choked to death in his cell over the weekend, according to sources who have seen the medical examiner's report.

Sources tell ABC 7 reporter Brad Bell that Ronnie White was apparently choked to death Sunday morning while in his cell in the maximum security wing of the Prince George's County Correctional Center.

As a high security inmate, White was kept in solitary confinement and checked on every half hour.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I heard this on the radio this morning, when it was being reported as "unknown cause of death", and "no signs of foul play". Needless to say, I'm not surprised it's now being investigated as a homicide.

Frankly, I think it's terrible that a police officer died Friday, but it's equally atrocious that this young man won't ever get a chance to stand trial like he should.

Another thing to note (heard it on the radio this afternoon) - the Prince George's County police have handed over the investigation to the Maryland State Police, and the FBI is already looking in to the incident as well.

Just a terrible situation all around....

www.wjla.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Just about everything about this case that I've read so far is completely bazzar. He seems to have done this intensionaly and was completely incoherent when he exited from the car. Had to be restrained and was uncooperative.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
From the get, I do not see the half-empty cup, and I acknowledge all the good that cops have done for people (though their good deeds rarely make the news).

From my personal experience in Oakland, CA, we despise cops out there. I have seen most of my friends beat by cops for reasons that cannot be justified, whatsoever, and a cop in the street invokes the feelings of fear, apprehension, and wrong-doing.

Here in Taiwan, when you see the police, you actually feel safer that they are around. Cops rarely violate their duties and take their inner demons out on the people (I would hope).

Surely being a cop in Oakland is 180 degrees different from a cop in Taipai, but it is a view that is rampant amongst people in our part of town. Even my folks who never break the law don't like cops. This mentality has been mediated by growing up and trying to see ALL the GOOD cops have done, which is surely in the majority, but it is these bad seeds that really damage the reputation of the police. They need to get more of the good stories into the media so that more of the youth grow up to respect cops and see them for what they're supposed to be.

Otherwise it is an endless cycle and the situation will be worse for civilians and the police. To all the cops out there doing their job, thank you for doing a job that protects and serves the community.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by astronomine]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by astronomine

The half-empty cup is that this man was as suspect, not a convict. We have trials in America. We have our fair share of people who prefer Zimbabwe justice, but for the most part? We try you, allow you some appeals, then use some hugely expensive method of killing you that we know will kill you at least somewhat quickly.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I feel you completely. I grew up in Cali my whole life. I am in NO WAY condoning taking out the suspect before a fair trial. My rant was basically about the image of the good cops being f***ed out there because of the kind of filth that exploits their powers. The corrupt cops VS the good cops.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I curently live in Maryland and I saw this on the local news. This is an obvious case of vigilante justice and I hope the person/s who did this is/are brought to justice. I won't hold my breath though.

new topics

top topics

join