It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Aliens, Scary?

page: 2
3
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If a human were to ever encounter an alien, they would experience an overwhelming fear. My good friend HP Lovecraft explained it with much more eloquence than I ever could:


The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.




posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex
 


that a great quote!!! gonna have to use that



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Havak
 


At first I thought Aliens where scary, but that fear has changed inside me now. Whenever I see a ufo in the sky I feel a sense of amazement, ok I do feel some fear but that fear is I wonder where they are from and what they look like??



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
... i hear there are some reptilians with the GLF that are christed beings..so that's good news


the rest are good beings of light...

I have to disagree with the above appraisal.


It is very important that we objectively judge them from their actions and not from the managed and distorted overview they wish us to believe.


Actions always speak louder than words, and certainly louder than Reticulan propaganda


[edit on 1-7-2008 by Paul_Richard]



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well are all Muslims scary? No. But the media makes them out to be. Such as Hollywood with aliens. I'm not entirely too scared of them but thanks to films like Independence Day or War of the Worlds, our species has grown a fear for life outside of this world. And the fact that it's something they don't/can't understand also scares them.

so, I blame the media for the fear of Aliens.



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
If a human were to ever encounter an alien, they would experience an overwhelming fear. My good friend HP Lovecraft explained it with much more eloquence than I ever could:


The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

Not all of us are sheeple.

And not all of us will succumb to fear.



Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
...I blame the media for the fear of Aliens.

Fear of hostile aliens came about hundreds, even thousands of years before there even was a media or film industry here.

Fear of hostile aliens came about from scores of eyewitness testimony. First came the many experiences, which inspired the ancient art illustrations, then came the fictitious depictions in fantasy and sci-fi novels, and then came the media and the films.

Not the other way around


[edit on 1-7-2008 by Paul_Richard]



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard
 



Wow thanks for the bit about the beams...that is very sensible. I never thought that is what the beam did. I just did not put it together. I thought it was a teleportation beam.



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
In my opinion, I think we're afraid of them because of a superiority/intelligence gap.
For example, we think rats have little understanding of the world around them and are unintelligent, so many people wouldn't care if they heard that a rat was harshly tested on in a lab. From an ET's standpoint, they probably see us as we do to rats- lacking knowledge of the world around them and unintelligent.



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My 2nd favorite Lovecraft quote as an opening, as it was originally said:

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of its contents.


So scary!!!

I personally am terrified of aliens. Anything that could wake me up at night (or do harm to me while I sleep) I have a fear of. In other words: I'm not afraid of my gf's dad, but I AM afraid of greys, ghosts, and under-bed hiding monsters. To clarify, I am not afraid of sleep apnea.

Okay, so that's a bad description. I'm really just scared of just about anything. And yes, I believe that there are aliens one should fear and others one shouldn't (I still would).

I don't believe in visitation, but I will argue "types":

Technologically advanced vs. Biologically advanced:
Biology. A species like the borg, zerg, or xenomorphs that are physically awesome due to assimilation or highly physical evolution are more likely to be merciless. On the flipside, they are less likely to plot treachery and be after raw materials (unless we call ourselves raw materials...).

Large-planet vs. Small-planet (IE: Tall and lanky vs. Short and stocky)
Large-planet. A shorter, stronger species could have the physical power to jump like we do on the moon (but of course fall as fast as an earthling). They'd be like fleas. A small-planet giant would be barely able to stand on Earth, and would have weaker bones than a human. Not combat effective. Flipside: if they are used to planet conquest, they may over-compensate.

Thoughts like these are the best ways to go about the whole thing...



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard
 



I have eluded capture a number of times when paralysis beams were near. No radiation burns, no radiation sickness, no surgical scars, no implants, no screen memories, no missing time, and no brainwashing.

It can be done


Are you sure you weren't captured and implanted with a screen memory or your own version of what really happened. lol

I'm sure if they wanted to catch you they would have, if they were greys and they were coming for you they got you. Those who are abducted on a regular basis and have years of experience with the greys would tell you the same thing! (Many of these people tried virtually everything to allude capture but never could.)

They do have capability of going through objects and walls so can enter your house however they choose. (This is based on many many abduction cases and other data out there that can be found including many who are familiar with their technology working in government projects who have spoken about it like Bob Lazar for one, I believe it.)
Manipulation of matter is only technology to them like invisibility and disinegration, they have it. (They are also multi-dimensional)

If you think about it even the military could have tracked you down with infrared if you were really trying hide from them, this is an alien species were talking about coming from distant planets thousands of years at the very least ahead of us light years away, what makes you think they don't have the equipment to see you inside a house. lol

Sorry I don't buy the avoiding capture and beam thing, if they wanted to get you believe me it happened. There are other black operation abductions that take place and they use some of their technology so perhaps you avoided one of their operations instead.
Military disk with ET beams! Much more likely scenario.

Either way, thanks for sharing! lol



[edit on 1-7-2008 by Alien_Question]



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Not all of us are sheeple.

And not all of us will succumb to fear.



You're right. In your case you are a parrot, unthinkingly repeating tired and boring cliches. "SHEEPLE! SHEEPLE! People who don't agree with me are SHEEPLE! SHEEPLE!"

But I disgress.

Despite your macho claims, you are still a human being. There are certain instincts and behaviors necessary to our survival, bred into you via millions of years of evolution. Instincts and behaviors that are as inescapable as eating and sleeping. Confronted by an alien, you would be gripped by the same horror as any of us, no matter what trifling science-fiction-presented-as-fact you have read or tried to pass off.



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal
 



i guess one really good question would be is...do we really know aliens exsist yet?


Take a good look at the stars and universe.

Now do the mathematics!

If you exist, they exist!

Can we move on now?



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hi Cindymars,


Originally posted by cindymars
Wow thanks for the bit about the beams...that is very sensible. I never thought that is what the beam did. I just did not put it together. I thought it was a teleportation beam.

You're most welcome.


I have not found any evidence, directly or indirectly, that they have teleportation capability. When their ships and probes fade away in a glow of light, it means they are activating a strong electromagnetic field around the craft which produces optical invisibility. This has been misinterpreted by many as them having teleportation capability. One can see through cloaked ships and probes with night vision equipment, as is illustrated in the film, UFO: The Greatest Story Ever Denied.




posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard
 


Question then....how do they get you aboard their ships?

Blah Mary Sir...not one line.



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by Paul_Richard
 


Question then....how do they get you aboard their ships?

Blah Mary Sir...not one line.


They pick you up and carry you or if you're obese, they take their laser weight guns out, surround your bed, shoot you with beams from their guns, as the beams lift you up and then they carefully move your arse outside to their ship.






posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Well are all Muslims scary? No. But the media makes them out to be. Such as Hollywood with aliens. I'm not entirely too scared of them but thanks to films like Independence Day or War of the Worlds, our species has grown a fear for life outside of this world.


There is a vast difference. Muslim, Arabs or any other human being are a known quantity. If a human were to encounter an alien, the situation would beyond anything in human understanding or experience, and thus any sense of control. The only emotion we would experience is an overwhelming and dehibilitating fear.



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You might as well ask people why they think people from other races are scary. The dynamics are the same - people fear what they don't understand. Not helping the matter is the mainstream media. How many movies, TV Shows, TV series are there about aliens invading, aliens taking over, aliens killing, etc.

Just look at the responses to this thread at all the talk of killing aliens!

I've never met an alien, but one tried to communicate with me just out of the blue I would like to think I would keep an open mind and try to communicate back.



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien_Question
Are you sure you weren't captured and implanted with a screen memory or your own version of what really happened. lol

Yeah...I'm quite sure.


There are other tell-tale signs, like missing time, post-traumatic stress disorder, surgical scars, etc.

I am an unusually self-aware individual and it would have likely been detected.

How do we know that YOU aren't actually a Reptilian incognito?

I mean, just look at that avatar of yours?



Originally posted by Alien_Question
I'm sure if they wanted to catch you they would have, if they were greys and they were coming for you they got you.

See my above question.



Originally posted by Alien_Question
Those who are abducted on a regular basis and have years of experience with the greys would tell you the same thing! (Many of these people tried virtually everything to allude capture but never could.)

If I ever do get captured and don't transition into The Light in the process, then you will know it simply from my perspective drastically changing.

If captured and brainwashed, I would then espouse that the Reticulans are our space brothers who are here to further our evolution, that they can read minds, walk through walls, teleport, and that they represent a benign Galactic Federation or Confederation that is led by light beings.


Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on who is reading this, I have yet to be taken prisoner.


Originally posted by Alien_Question
They do have capability of going through objects and walls so can enter your house however they choose.

Nope. Pure propaganda.



Originally posted by Alien_Question
(This is based on many many abduction cases and other data out there that can be found including many who are familiar with their technology working in government projects who have spoken about it like Bob Lazar for one, I believe it.)

To my knowledge, Bob Lazar never espoused the brainwashed abductee belief about Reticulans having the ability to walk through walls and teleport. What he did do is heroically explain a lot about how their ships and probes are powered and propelled, as well as offer illumination about the massive difference in destructive capability between antimatter weapons (which they have) and conventional nuclear variations -- in his documentary.


Originally posted by Alien_Question
Manipulation of matter is only technology to them like invisibility and disinegration, they have it. (They are also multi-dimensional).

Manipulation of matter is one thing. Creating it is something else


Optical invisibility we've already covered.

Disintegration is no great feat now as it can be accomplished with the advanced lasers that various local governments have and/or are working on.


Originally posted by Alien_Question
If you think about it even the military could have tracked you down with infrared if you were really trying hide from them, this is an alien species were talking about coming from distant planets thousands of years at the very least ahead of us light years away, what makes you think they don't have the equipment to see you inside a house. lol

Seeing inside one's house doesn't see inside one's soul.



Originally posted by Alien_Question
Sorry I don't buy the avoiding capture and beam thing, if they wanted to get you believe me it happened.

No AQ, the Reticulans are not invincible.

They bleed and they can be killed.

They are not God Realized or light beings and their greatest defenses are absolutely powerless against advanced telekinesis, the major chink in the armor of The Reticulan Empire.

You know, killing me off would actually accelerate those plans.


Put in a good word for me, will you?



Originally posted by Alien_Question
There are other black operation abductions that take place and they use some of their technology so perhaps you avoided one of their operations instead.

Or maybe they simply smoked too much dope that day and couldn't keep their aim steady when they shot in my direction.



Originally posted by Alien_Question
Military disk with ET beams! Much more likely scenario.

Possible but not likely.


Originally posted by Alien_Question
Either way, thanks for sharing! lol

Anytime.


[edit on 1-7-2008 by Paul_Richard]



posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Aliens can't possibly be more scary and hostile than humans.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join