It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent UFO explosion has to do with CERN?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If we were to take everything at face value and all this UFO hoopla is true, you think it might have anything to do with CERN's upcoming activation in a couple of weeks?

Edit: also, this is off topic, but I don't want to make another thread.
There was a site about a guy using a telescope, and modifying it with a relatively easy method he was trying to patent, and was able to see objects in space such as the ISS and such. However he seemed to have also found a lot of other craft or "bases" floating up there and took a live video/audio feed. Anyone know what happened to that site? It seemed like a relatively well drawn out hoax.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by FrankP]

[edit on 30-6-2008 by FrankP]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Okay.......what is CERN?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Its both futile and impossible to try and speculate about extraterrestrial's motives.

Originally posted by thechi
Okay.......what is CERN?

en.wikipedia.org...

The European Organization for Nuclear Research (French: Organisation européenne pour la recherche nucléaire), known as CERN (see Naming), pronounced /ˈsɝːn/ (IPA: [sɛʀn] in French), is the world's largest particle physics laboratory, situated in the northwest suburbs of Geneva on the franco-Swiss border. The organisation has twenty European member states, and is currently the workplace of approximately 2600 full-time employees. Some 7931 scientists and engineers (representing 500 universities and 80 nationalities), about half of the world's particle physics community, work on experiments conducted at CERN.[citation needed]

CERN's main function is to provide the particle accelerators and other infrastructure needed for high-energy physics research. Numerous experiments have been constructed at CERN by international collaborations to make use of them. The main site at Meyrin also has a large computer centre containing very powerful data processing facilities primarily for experimental data analysis, and because of the need to make them available to researchers elsewhere, has historically been (and continues to be) a major w

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i read a similar proposal a few years ago about the atomic bomb being detonated and an alleged influx of ufo activity, something akin to "oh no the kids have found the matches !?!" type scenario

would creating small black holes be akin to "Oh no the kids are playing with the gas stove!?!"

with all the different info about aliens around its hard to know what exactly could be happening, perhapse its another peice of technology that could potentially destroy the planet and they feel they might need to intervene, maybe they are sitting back with a large bucket of popcorn waiting for the inevitable conclusion with smirks on their faces. maybe the whole CERN thing is nothing more than paranoia and mistrust on our parts and the whole thing is safe.

however i dont believe in coincedences.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
CERN are the agency that designed the Internet (well one guy who worked for CERN).

Featured in Dan Browns Angels and Demons, part of the information in his story book is actually true.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What the heck as CERN got to do with UFOS?!! I fail to see any connection. If you take life at face value your living in a dream world this thread is about NOTHING

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ksavoy30

Demandred has a very straight forward scenario posted concerning CERN.

The world's first Atomic bombs were flown by the Army-Air Corpsmen out of Roswell Air Base, New Mexico.

After the 2 bombs were detonated, UFO activity rocketed into our lives.

If CERN goes as planned, hey...who knows what may occur when particles are being pushed around a 17 mile underground track at nearly 12000 times per second...before they are made to collide with other particles...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jayrho
CERN are the agency that designed the Internet (well one guy who worked for CERN).

Featured in Dan Browns Angels and Demons, part of the information in his story book is actually true.

Just to make sure there's no misunderstandings, what was invented at CERN, by Tim Berners-Lee was the Web. The Web and the Internet are not the same thing.

Regarding the subject of the thread, I find Demandred's scenario a very possible one. In fact many argue that the nuclear bomb research was likely a major reason for the visitation of alien life in New Mexico in the mid/late 40s.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Thanks for the nice pic, Dronetek. I had a hand in designing the central tracker for that thing (it's now installed in the center of the barrel you see in the pic) and now I'm writing software to process data produced there.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
CERN look's alot like a prototype StarGate, is it possoble it's emminting an energy field that the aliens are seeing.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The image Dronotek posted is of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC).

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is a particle accelerator complex that will collide opposing beams of 7 TeV protons together in order to explore the validity and limitations of the highly successful current theoretical picture for particle physics, the standard model, which is known however to break down at sufficiently high energy. It is being built by the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), and lies under the Franco-Swiss border near Geneva, Switzerland, where it is undergoing commissioning while being cooled down to its final operating temperature of approximately 2K. The first beams are due for injection in August 2008, with the first collisions planned to take place about two months later. The LHC will become the world's largest and highest-energy particle accelerator.

When activated, it is theorized that the collider will produce the elusive Higgs boson, the observation of which could confirm the predictions and "missing links" in the Standard Model of physics and could explain how other elementary particles acquire properties such as mass. The verification of the existence of the Higgs boson would be a significant step in the search for a Grand Unified Theory, which seeks to unify three of the four known fundamental forces: electromagnetism, the strong nuclear force and the weak nuclear force, leaving out only gravity.

There are many threads on ATS regarding the LHC.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Its both futile and impossible to try and speculate about extraterrestrial's motives.

I almost agree with that. It is futile, at least for now. But speculation is certainly possible! in fact, the major arguments against UFO reality tend be along the line of: "but what could there motive be for this?"

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
In 1973 some friends and I were invited to a gathering to discuss research findings. One particpant identified himelf as a computer designer with NASA, developing remote cameras for the later Venus probe. I uspected people there were from SRI (Stanford) as it seemed they were using hard drive systems that were not known at that time, He discussed research involving the propulsion system of a craft observed taking off in Death Valley one morning, dual spheres with a seemingly metallic exterior. He discuused this in lengthand I s,uspect the system may have been similiar to antihydrogen ice, or some as yet unknown hydrogen system
Worried that SRI may have been taking CIA funding, in part, and concerned this might be a PsyOps Viel to distract other researchers, I declined an invitation to continue working with him and his group here in Northern California.
After that I was invited to work with another group, and experienced what seemed at the time (quite convincingly so) an airborn sphere. The Quanjtum mechanics involved with it convince me still, as it involved hydron technology far beyond what CERN is disclosing. If any researcher shares my interest in specific features of this highly advanced hydrogen propulsion system with only benevolent applications, I'll try and answer some questions about the dynamics of spherical interplanetary vehicle design.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Dont worry everyone, what will happen will happen!!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That is a great story you just told there!

You should start a thread and go into all that stuff in "layman terms " and all speculative details (including "CIA" HIDDEN GOVERNMENT PROJECTS" etc..) technology thats out there (for decades) back engineering.

Great stuff.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join