It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bottled water debate hits a boiling point

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I've drunk nearly 2 litres of evian while reading this thread, the tap water round here tastes like vomit and I think it had fluoride in it. I can certainly think much clearer since I stopped drinking tap water, may be coinicidence though because this is from about the time I 'woke up'. I'm going to buy a filter on pay day after reading this thread, ill maybe reprot back with a comparison from a bottled water junkies point of view.

Evian has no Fluoride listed, only 6.8 mg/litre Chlorides

[edit on 1-7-2008 by redzi0n]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
This is completely silly.

So many lame excuses to get rid of bottled water.

I don't think bottled water should be gotten "rid of" by any means, in some places I'm sure it is better than the tap water, then by all means use bottled water! Or when your out and just want a drink of water, by all means buy a bottle of water.

But don't believe that just because water comes from a bottle that it is automatically better than all tap water.

Tap water is tested and regulated by the EPA.

When bottled water is produced and sold within the same state, it is not tested by any federal agency and barely regulated at all.

Heck, bottled water is only regulated by the FDA when it is shipped across state lines, otherwise it is regulated by individual states. And the FDA's standards are lower than the EPA'S.

The states are badly undermanned in the agencies that regulate bottled water companies within a state and may only test the water they are using once a year. Most of the time it's left up to the bottled water company to test their own water! Again, "Conflict of Interest"!

[edit on 7/1/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Out here in Arizona, the tap water is horrible . I have been drinking bottled water forever. This is just too much. Banning tap water??? Come on people. When are people in the country going to say enough is enough?

Where I live sometimes the tap water turns green and burns your skin. I think there is some kind of runoff that gets in the system from the farm runoff. No way in Hates am I drinking that crap.

What about when you are out shopping and its 115 outside and you NEED water. Sorry , here , have a coke. Lets just make your heart pump a little harder.

Ama

[edit on 1-7-2008 by amatrine]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
simple solution... GLASS
sorry for the one liner

I got a ticket last month from a forestry officer for being at the beach with a "glass container" of spring water.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Are you on the CAP water? When I was living in Tucson you either poured yourself a glass of chlorine or a glass of fish tank smelling water. Never any middle ground whatsoever, it always seemed to be one extreme or the other.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I know what you mean, especially if you pour tap water into a GLASS CUP and let it sit for 10 minutes WARM and smell before drinking, smells like fish tank water, must be coming straight from the Colorado river. YUCK

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
They want to stop you drinking bottled water because then they can get you drinking whatever they put in tap water.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think we should stop drinking water all together. That way there will be more left for it to rain more often. While we are at it lets quit eating meat because it is bad for the environment and the poor animals get killed. After that lets quit eating plants because they probably have some form of consciousness and it probably hurts them too, or at a minimum we are cutting their prescious lives short. Once we all starve to death and die of thirst we wont be able to drive or run our power plants. Then global warming will be corrected.

Lets just all crawl in a hole and die before the NWO controls our minds, the CIA assinates us, the aliens capture us and probe us until our rears ends bleed, the Mason's suck our blood, the guys in the grassy knoll shoots one of us, a chupacabra humps our legs, Big Foot makes us his B-word.... and on and on and on.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

I thought I tasted my grandma's dentures inhe recycled tap I drank!

Actually, they are so concerned about profitablity that they will do nothing like so many other things. No money in providing free clean tap water.

It's amazing how politicians make a decision and then later claim that they need to do it differently later. It is like they are making stupid decisions on purpose just so they will have work to do making new decisions. If that makes any sense.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I hope I'm not doing something wrong but it's worth taking a look at fluoridealert.org.

I refuse to be druged.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by 22-250]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by amatrine

Are you on the CAP water? When I was living in Tucson you either poured yourself a glass of chlorine or a glass of fish tank smelling water. Never any middle ground whatsoever, it always seemed to be one extreme or the other.

I think so. I am in Pinal county . It may come from the same place. Sounds familiar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join