It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli authorities warn hospitals to prepare for earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Israeli authorities warn hospitals to prepare for earthquake

www.breitbart.com

A strong earthquake could soon rock Lebanon and parts of Israel, authorities said on Monday, urging health officials in northern Israel to make preparations for such an event.

"The probability of an earthquake of a magnitude of up to six on the Richter scale, originating in Lebanon and being felt in Israel has increased," the health ministry said in a letter sent to medical officials in northern Israel.

Since February, abnormal seismic activity has been noted in southern Lebanon, which had suffered some 500 minor earthquakes in a three-month period, health ministry director-general Avi Yisraeli said in the letter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
To prepare for an earthquake... or, maybe something else? For retaliatory strike from Iran in case of attack? Seems interesting, this info.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is disturbing.

I wonder if a warning like has ever been issued by Israeli officials before?

Seems odd to issue a warning that coantains a reference to a specific, expected magnitude.

Could that refenence be code for something else: perhaps a possible timeframe of when to expect casualties?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Source

The general correlation is that an earthquake of magnitude 6 on the Richter scale produces as much energy as a 1 megaton nuclear explosion (1,000,000 tons of TNT). You would not feel an explosion like this on the other side of the planet (Earth or Mars) but it would be detected by seismographs (and seismologists can generally tell the difference between a nuclear explosion and an earthquake).

Not sure how valid that is but ill look around some more

EDIT: India's tests of < 1kt registered in the 4.7-5.3mb range
Source

[edit on 30-6-2008 by SHNIPE]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Figured id throw this out there too...

US TEST SITE DATA

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
6 days or 6 weeks. The job will be done in this presidency. All those that say there will be no retaliation from russia or china are deluding themselves.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

I wonder if a warning like has ever been issued by Israeli officials before?

Remember the text messages on 9-11??? Weird.

Anyone know if there is a connection between the company that sent those and the government?

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
yeah, thats odd.

you cannot predict earthquakes full stop.

This just stinks of double talk.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'd say the fact that there has been increased seismologic activity in the region since early this year could be a reason for this warning. At least it's possible it's nothing more than preparedness. Does anyone know if the hospitals around Reno, Nevada have been issued similar warnings by local authorities, as that's the most similar "unusually high seismic activity" location I can think of off the top of my head?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Actually, there's next to no seismic activity in that region compared to Nevada.

Here's a link to the USGS world earthquake tracking map: it records a full week's activity. You can see nothing at all happens there at any given time.

To me, sounds like a way to test emergency preparedness for the eventuality of an Iranian reprisal.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by gottago]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Actually, there's next to no seismic activity in that region compared to Nevada.

Here's a link to the USGS world earthquake tracking map: it records a full week's activity. You can see nothing at all happens there at any given time.

To me, sounds like a way to test emergency preparedness for the eventuality of an Iranian reprisal.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by gottago]

What are you talking about there is a 3.1 shown right there in Lebanon(
). I wonder how they came to expect it though, it didn't look like there was much of anything for the past few months. Good guess maybe?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

i would say its possible
since an earth quake happens in a domino effect

each time an earth quake happens it off sets another one down the path.
as it moves that plates resulting in an earth quake.

something i watched on discovery, feel free to tell me i am wrong

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
HARP could be a factor in this..

As someone else pointed out regarding China and India.. after heated debates, both countries signed deals shortly after an "earthquake" took place...

Could this be a precaution to using HARP on Lebanon to create more instability so as to create chaos so as to get those in Lebanon to work together?

This will not only create confusion and focus within Lebanon but also look away from what might happen if Iran is provoked.

What better way to defend oneself by having opponents blaming a catastrophe rather then their nabours for their dying family and friends??

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Considerable earthquake in the area is possible and even statistically overdue (once in hundred years, last in 1837).

But i find it weird that only north is supposed to be ready. This is a small country, last major earthquake was felt in 1837 (though there was also a big one in 1927) and even though the north suffered much more in 1837 other regions also suffered. And in 1927 the origin was not in the north, but in modern Jordan. So to prepare only in the north sounds ,again,weird. But north has a threat that south and center do not - Hizballah (Iran). So this is a bad development in any case.
A possible earthquake or a possible war.... Hmm, what to choose?
Edit: Sorry ,accidently deleted pard of the post before posting.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I heard Ben Fulford say that the Chinese suspect HAARP (a scalar weapon) caused their latest quakes.

If HAARP can place a quake in China, it can place one in Israel.

sarc

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If this relates to the suspected Iran attack it won't matter if Russia or China retaliates. The US economy will collapse comepletely and the only significant source of investment and capital we have to shore-up and already teetring economy will be cut-off. Not to be doom-and-gloomer but it really IS that serious. The boneheads that make up our government are way,way,way over their collective head on this one.

new topics

top topics

join