It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't give your dog people food!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
In the beginning we gave my dog table scraps.. it was very hard weening him off of it. the best idea is to not give the dog human food.. it just turns into problems. If you are to give him human food do it in a discreet manner, so the dog is not jumping on you every time you eat.

My Yellow Lab Rocky lived a solid 14 years on dog food, and a little bit of people food

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

If you do give them "people food" it should be in their own bowl so they don't get the habit of begging.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
From what I've heard its good to give dogs some actual meat in their diet for protien, instead of just dry food and that canned stuff.

I think it mostly depends on the type of food you give them.
And people already mentioned the human food that is bad for them that i know.

The dog that I use to have we always gave her meat.
And she lived to be 15.

But then again that dog had a gut of steel so I wouldnt know about other dogs.

Once when I was like 8 she got into my halloween candy and ate all of it and was fine.
So I wouldnt know about other dogs.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i know what will help with the rectal bleeding. my mom is vet tech and if you squeeze the dogs rectum together around the edges his anal gland fluid with ooze out.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
We cook all the food our German Shepherd eats, and we started after he got recurring skin problems that simply wouldn't clear up. Now he gets roast chicken, potatoes, vegetables, and I have ordered a supplement to add to his meals that makes sure he gets all the vitamins and minerals he should have. The main thing is that he gets no dairy and no grains...rice is too rough on his quite sensitive stomach and grains generally are too high in sugar...and definitely no pork or fish ever! He's ridiculously healthy, and his skin problems cleared up almost immediately with no more vet treatment. It's a lot of work, but I really couldn't stand what I found out about what goes into commercial dogfood, from rendering plants and the like.

Cait

top topics

<< 1   >>

join