It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the Bible.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I was watching an interview they had with the founder of the Raelians(sp?) He said we all came from aliens and it's even written in the Bible

So I started to wonder what exactly he was talking about then I remembered a verse in Genesis and has always confused me, even to this day

The verse:

When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days-and also afterward-when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Genesis 6:1-4

who were these sons of God that saw that the daughters of MEN were so beautiful? It cant be talking about man themselves being sons of God because they were all sinful but Noah.

who are they then?

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This is a good quote, and it is brought up well in "Rule by Secrecy" by Jim Marrs...but I feel that while it CAN mean aliens made us, more likely men are just vain and wanted to brag about how beautiful some women can be
what better way then saying that human women were taken by immortals for surely the immortals would want another of their own kind, nay women are more fair

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Aaaah this topic again.... I explained this a while ago but here we go again. The sons of God are angels, specifically fallen ones. The Nephilim are angel/human crossbreeds in a possible attempt by Satan and friends to pervert man and prevent the Messiah from coming. Back in those days there was a lot of that going on and the Nephilim were giants. This is possibly one of the main reasons for the flood, to rid the world of the Nephilim. Also I think around that passage it says or you might imply that Noah and his family was the only family that was pure 100% human. That would be a reason why his family was on the ark. I heard something like that somewhere but not sure......that makes sense as to why he and his family were the only ones on the ark.

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SandMan
Aaaah this topic again.... I explained this a while ago but here we go again. The sons of God are angels, specifically fallen ones. The Nephilim are angel/human crossbreeds in a possible attempt by Satan and friends to pervert man and prevent the Messiah from coming. Back in those days there was a lot of that going on and the Nephilim were giants. This is possibly one of the main reasons for the flood, to rid the world of the Nephilim. Also I think around that passage it says or you might imply that Noah and his family was the only family that was pure 100% human. That would be a reason why his family was on the ark. I heard something like that somewhere but not sure......that makes sense as to why he and his family were the only ones on the ark.
Can I check your sources for this theory?

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
My source is the Bible.....unfortunately I'm not a Bible scholar so I can't go into great depth on it. Another point would be who else could the sons of God be? Especially on the fact that they were giants.

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SandMan
who else could the sons of God be? Especially on the fact that they were giants.
I think that the verse saying "there were giants on the earth" was in a different section of genesis and not definitely related

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Most Bible teachers & preachers claim that the giants in the Old Testament are the Nephilim. A hybrid race created from the sexual union of fallen angels (incubi?) and earthly women. The best known Nephilim are King Og and Goliath (who supposedly had six fingers on each hand). According to the Old Testament, the Israelites spies warned them to avoid the land of Og out of fear of those giants whilst returning from Egypt with Moses. Their report was, "They are giants and we are like grasshoppers before them".

Many current theorists believe the Nephilim to be the result of a sexual union between alien (extraterrestrial) DNA and earthly women. Laurence Gardner in his book entitled "Genesis of the Grail Kings" covers this and gives his sources of information. Here�s his link: graal.co.uk...

I find it interesting that if an entire race of giants existed in old testament times (post flood) and were known to the Israelites, why isn't there any archaeological evidence? Surely a king would have a grand tomb with extra large sarcophagus and after life essentials like chariot, bowls etc. How could an entire race disappear without any artefacts remaining? Also, why aren�t there records of those beings cross referenced by the Assyrians, Babylonians, Phoenicians, Persians etc.? Almost all of the great kings like Cyrus, Asherbannipal, Hammurabi, and the Pharaohs etc. all kept records of their conquests and current events � yet none mention a race of giants.

I�ve asked those questions to priests and devout believers and got answers ranging from, �They are a metaphor or symbols and not to be taken literally� to �You don�t question the Bible, it must be accepted completely by Faith�.

I would be interested in hearing others comments and, or historical references that may shed more light on this question.

All the Best,
Deep

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
With the metaphor and symbol part, how come in a part that is unbelieveable or stupid it is a symbol or metaphor? Well, I find son of god unbelieveable, so why isn't that part a metaphor or symbol like the the other 99% of the bible?

I have asked about Noahs flood, I get "that was a metaphor of god coming and cleansing the Earth of evil" Or other sh*t.

Also, with the giants, "They are symbols of a race of great people, giant like in their achievments." Now, why are they symbols? Why aren't they what they are called? Or why if they are metaphors and symbols, why aren't son of god and virgin birth and water into wine metaphors and symbols? They all about as believable as the other, and they are all sh*t.

Also, when it something, like infantcide, it means something else,(happy shall he be, taketh thy little ones and daseth against the stone) but when it's good, that's what it means? Why isn't it what it says and nothing more? If that is what is said, then why isn't it so?

top topics

join