It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bits of Ancient Earth Hidden on the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Bits of Ancient Earth Hidden on the Moon

www.space.com

Some scientists believe that at least one meteorite found in Antarctica preserves evidence of ancient life on Mars. Now, work by a team of English scientists reinforces an earlier suggestion that evidence of life on the early Earth might be found in meteorites on the moon.

The original idea was presented in a 2002 paper by University of Washington astronomer John Armstrong, who suggested that material ejected from Earth during the Late Heavy Bombardment (a period about four billion years ago when the Earth was subjected to a rain of asteroids and comets) might be found on the moon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yet another reason to go back to the moon. It would be the proverbial "needle in a haystack" though. But, if the moon itself was formed by Earth debris from an impact, then maybe it wouldn't be so difficult to find after all. Thoughts anyone?

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have no evidence for this but I have read a theory around Planet X that during one orbit (millions of years ago) Planet X grazed the side of Earth (Pangaea, the supercontinent, was big enough to only cover one half of the Earth... what was on the other side?) and took off a large portion of the Earth's surface. Perhaps the moon is this dislodged piece, trapped in the Earth's gravity field.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So I guess we need to call the moon and tell it to stop hiding our ancient pieces of earth, and that that is not a nice thing for friends to do to each other.

On a more serious note, that's kinda cool, now they need to find the pieces of earth, and get them here so we can study them and compare and contrast with today's earth.

new topics

top topics

join