It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Apology)Maybe I Shouldn't Have Posted My Last Rant(Apology)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Maybe I shouldn't have posted my last rant,well atleast not before thinking more clearly about it and protecting members identities.As I am sure some of you are aware I posted a rant about ego stroking on ATS.Well certain members didn't like it very much and felt I singled them out,maybe I did(but NOT intentionally).The point is I want to issue a network wide apology to those members(you know who you are),sometimes I just get so worked up after seeing certain behaviors I deem a 'negative influence' on the human race,sometimes I'm right,other times I am wrong and misjudged what I interpeted.Do not bother trying to find the thread I reference as it was closed by my asking.The point is,maybe I should just calm down a little and not try to make such a huge 'storm' in the Above Network.I can be excentric,narsisistic,obnoxious,and don't sugar coat things(sometimes I guess I should).I just need to relax and 'let it go',as they say.I will try to do that from now on.So FOR ANY MEMBER I have disrespected in my 6 months here I AM SORRY
It was not intentional and I will change my outlook upon certain things,as well as show some restraint.This doesn't mean however I'll stop pushing as hard as I can for the truth and stop pushing out threads! *winks*
Good day all.~JKrog

[edit on 6/30/2008 by jkrog08]

[edit on 6/30/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
THIS IS AMAZING!

WOW, it takes a REAL MAN to apologise!

Whatever peoples views are on this, I'm sure people can agree that your a cool guy, a good person! Maybe your rant did annoy some people, but in the end your a cool guy.

I'm still amazed your so cool, I'm speechless right now, can't say much but simply "WOW!!"

This is unreal.....are you sure your human?

[edit on 30-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I have done this many times... I have made a thread, and think later on... oh my...

But I say fair play to you mate, and you should stand by what you said in the other thread, if you still believe it.

Oni x x

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm still amazed your so cool, I'm speechless right now, can't say much but simply "WOW!!"

This is unreal.....are you sure your human?

Your never gona let me live that down are you?lol

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
reply to post by jkrog08

I have done this many times... I have made a thread, and think later on... oh my...

But I say fair play to you mate, and you should stand by what you said in the other thread, if you still believe it.

Oni x x

Oh I still believe it,but I shoulda' worded it better and kept members much more anonymous.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

True enough, but dont be so hard on yourself. Everyone does it.

Oni x x

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You should never be afriad to lay down criticizm.

If people are offended, it is because of thier own shortcomings, nothing against you.

You must remember, The first Amendment, was not made to protect 'popular' and accepted speach. IT was created to protect the UNPOPULAR speach. Speach that may offend people.

Now, the modern meaning of the first ammendment, the poloticians want you to belive that it only is meant to protect 'Politicaly Correct' speach.

If you levyed honest criticizm, or even over exagerated a little bit, you shouldn't feel bad.

But if you took a personal attack at some members, for some moronic reason, well, then i guess you can appoligize...

Also, when you speak anyomously about someone, it doesnt put the idea in the right perspective.

If you are to only say that, "Some of the mods here have an agenda", and left it at that, that is so-non-specific, that its IMPOSSIBLE to belive that can offend anyone...

But if you were to say, "elevadeted one has an anti-cop cop agenda, that is evident in numerous posts, and by his usage of ANTI-cop headlines, from newspapers that have an anti-cop agenda. And the refusal to amend headlines, that put initial blame on the cop..."

If your going to call someone out by name, you shouldnt hold back, you shouldnt be scarred, you shouldnt tread lightly, you have to be open. And not be afraid to call someone out, weather they are a new member, old member, Fourm Mod, Super Mod, or even one of the 3 amigos...

But, if you dont belive what you wrote, then i guess its ok to appoloigize.... but you should never appoligize if you are presured too...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well said,I stand by what I said and wasn't pressured by anyone.I just felt it necessary to explain my rant and apologize if I offended anyone(even if I don't HAVE to,I WANT to).

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I forgive you.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
LOL,you are funny...................you come with some outrageous replies my friend.

Thanks for forgiving me,lol.

I have added you as a friend(humor is always a good commodity)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I read your other thread, and to be honest, I was a little flabberghasted by it.

It's great that you apologized, in my opinion.

I look at it this way, there is no accounting for taste.

I have gotten applause for the weirdest things, not even threads I have started, so, who's to say when you will get it.

While I appreciate you have started a few threads regarding aliens, it appears you have discovered that ATS and BTS both offer a lot of places to leave your thoughts and comments.

Give yourself a chance....I am sure you will come up with a gem now and then!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well I didn't make the rant for points or an appluase.I just spoke my mind,maybe a little to 'uncontrolled',so thats why I apologized.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Well I didn't make the rant for points or an appluase.I just spoke my mind,maybe a little to 'uncontrolled',so thats why I apologized.

Yes, and I also said, there is no accounting for taste. While you are not after applause or points, you do seem to want some recognition for you effort, which I think is your point.

Just keep at it.......

Speaking your mind works sometimes, and other times it doesn't.

Welcome to the world!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I confess that the thread in question has been the worst experience i've ever had here.

In my opinion, the real problem was your lack of knowledge in the specific subject matter, Space Exploration,
and i will prove it: anyway, straight from your thread:

will not use names for a couple reasons.One,it is inappropriate and two,I am friends with some of the members I will be

quoting.

as if a thread on ATS was a secret unless you would put a straight link to it, and by the way, there was a reference to me that you edited, just to be CLEAR.

Anyway,
First, my thread has been claimed to be, by YOU

The rest of the OP is the same,chronologicaly ordered pictures and information stretching 3 or 4 posts.Like I said,a fine

piece of work and research..............but it presents nothing new and nothing not already known.He(OP) vaguely touches on

a few 'anomalies' but that is it!So no 'ground breaking' information here.

Now to the real fun stuff,looking at the multitudes of straight ridiculous 'praising'.

Let me say something about that:
there are Three options:
1) one knows what has been published so far about the missions to Mars, especially here, on ATS
2) one does NOT know but asks
3) one does NOT know, but poses as if he knows EVERYTHING that has been published about Mars exploration:

may i ask on what data, articles, threads you based this statement, since you basically blamed me to have made something like a huge copy & paste?
Please provide where im supposed to have copied and pasted this "nothing new" work, mate.
Because you know what?
That OP, was the result of:
1) Visiting more than 300 websites
2) Asking to 26 between: scientists, experts, people working on space programs on different tasks and levels, simple webmasters and so on, the list is long but im available to provide it to the three amigos by request;
some of them coming from countries in which english is not spoken so telll me you, that are GOD, how would have solved such a problem.
3) Uploading: ALL the images that you see in that thread, have been checked, for some of them this operation required DAYS: DAYS mate, because i dont want to post a photo of Mariner and try to pass it as a photo of something ELSE.

4) Story: did you at least check if data were correct or if they were all a bunch of BS? Cause you know what?
ArMaP, one of those that you basically have called ass kissers, noticed that a mission was MISSING from my timeline: DO YOU THINK THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT, NOT TODAY, ONE DAY, in you life? That is what you should call DENY IGNORANCE and what ATS purpose is: but sadly, you ignored that post: how comes? Never heard of intelligent people ignoring some facets of the same issue, that sounds to me like something BAD.

5) Replies: you basically called all the fellow members that have been so kind to ADD even just a smile or a "thank you for this work" ASS KISSERS.

This wont' EVER be accepted by me, the word "apologize" means nothing in front of all this: unless you (and the MODS) would allow me to say in another thread that you are a #tard and that you can't be taken seriously because you are unable to use your brain because of your illness. Of course, nothing personal, of course, it would be an EXAMPLE: of course, i would apologize: FIVE DAYS LATER.

[edit on 30/6/2008 by internos]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You know what? I am one of those “ass-kissers” that you quoted. Nope, you didn’t name names, but it doesn’t take a genius to figure out who said what and where.

Let me tell YOU something.

I sure did respond to that thread. I also flagged and starred it *gasp*. And I sure hope he got at least one applause for it.

Why?

1.Because Internos put DAYS of effort into creating that thread……….FOR ATS and its members. Much deserving of praise!!! I know for fact the amount of work that took. I know for fact the amount of time of HIS PERSONAL LIFE that he put into that thread….FOR ATS….not for himself.

2. Not everyone knows much or anything at all about Space Exploration – including ME. I am so ignorant on the topic. There is TOO MUCH info out there and I have little time to do the amounts of research to catch up on what the average person may know.

Internos provided a very organized way for people like ME to learn. And you better believe I am going to give him praise for it.

The praise he got was DESERVED and for anyone who thinks it is ass kissing by giving such praise, must be jealous.

If me giving praise was against T&C then im sure a MOD would have let me know. Obviously, that was not the case.

As far as your apology. Honestly, I would have accepted it easier if you would have U2U each person you called out and mocked and apologized to our face BEFORE making this thread. It almost feels like you are doing this to save face. But, I could be wrong.

One day. You may spend HOURS & DAYS of your personal time and contribute an amazing thread for the benefit of ATS and it’s members. And you will get praise from your fellow members and you will see how important this is not only for the hard work you put in, but for the feeling of “community” it creates that ATS strives to have.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have said and done all I can (and willing) do.If Internos or the other members can't accept my apology so be it.I did send a u2u to Internos,I will not and should not have to personally send u2u's to all members involved,and once again won't as it would go against the very heart of my rant,as I made an exception(go ahead quote me)sending Internos a u2u.Never did I say Internos thread was not of excellent quality,my words are being twisted,but thats fine.I still stand by my statement,although should have worded it differently and perhaps not uses actual examples.Once again Internos thread was excellent and the most well formatted thread I have seen here so far.But he did not present any NEW information;meaning he did not make 'some grand discovery' that mankind did not know about before,and that IS THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD DESERVE THAT KIND OF PRAISE,IMHO.Why are you all tripping over this?Really it is just some nominal observation I made,IF YOU CANT ACCEPT MY APPOLOGY THAN DEAL WITH IT.~JKrog

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

As far as your apology. Honestly, I would have accepted it easier if you would have U2U each person you called out and mocked and apologized to our face BEFORE making this thread. It almost feels like you are doing this to save face. But, I could be wrong

I agree completely with greeneyedleo.

------------------------------------------

I am also one of the "ass kissers", and I believe the only one that responded to the original rant thread besides Internos.

jkrog08:

what you have written is NOT an apology, you are basically saying that we should forgive you for being so sincere, forthcoming and genuine.

You seem to think that you have the knowledge to discern "negative influence on the human race".

And you are misjudged and you don`t sugar coat things.....

This is no way to apologize. You disrespected a lot of members, and you think that this little excuse for an apology is going to cut it?.

I can understand that you messed up the first time, and I did not continue to respond to the first thread precisely because I understand that anyone can make a mistake. I was hoping that you would come around.

But this is too much.

You are a disgrace to this forum.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This thread is seen by staff as a continuation of the first closed thread.....lets make this the last one please.

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join