It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Canary Island Alien Sphere, outstanding case

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Re Dorothy Izatt, I've read the book and seen the DVD and I'm surprised that more people don't recommend her. To me, her experiences are totally genuine - definitely, the real thing.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jenny52

I concur; she seems to be genuine. I have also read the book and seen the DVD as well as listened to a few podcasts and my take of why people don't want to reflect upon her experiences is that it is a huge pill to swallow. Anytime someone is actually talking about other beings and not just "Unidentified Flying Objects" people get a little skittish. I think the flying orbs in the DVD are what really got to me because of my own experiences. Text

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

More information on this case, sorry I don´t have the time to translate, but according to this video I just found the canary island sphere was not only seen in canarias, it was also seen in burgos by hunters and by a small group of soldiers.

It should be noted that the canary island sphere was seen by thousends and in this case both the hunters and the soldiers have waited more than thirty years to talk about the incident.

And a shortwhile later the same craft lands in a military shooting range.

What is most interesting about this case is that the humanoids inside the ship let themselves be seen, It still puzzles me, why?.

And most important of all, this are the type of cases where there is sufficient evidence to know that something indeed happened, and that it can´t be explained.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
www.impactoovni.com...

More information and computer animations on the case, this time from the canary island

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The reason the rocket launching hypothesis deserves more serious attention is that it happened repeatedly, although the occupants story is certainly the most sensational of the misinterpretations from witnesses.

The Canaries UFO kept appearing at the precise date and time of night-time Poseidon tests.

Pay attention to PPLwakeUP's point that since there are observations from hundreds of miles away from the islands, the lines of sight can be triangulated -- and suggest an apparition FAR away to the west, NOT nearby or overhead.

It is reasonable to suggest a cause and effect connection there -- it wasn't a one-off unique event.

www.anomalia.org...

If plausible, the hypothesis offers guidance in how extreme the imagination of some witnesses can misperceive a bizarre visual stimulus.

This overimaginative response is documented in numerous other famous UFO cases caused by missile and space activity. Even when the documented cause is iron-clad, some people STILL report 'classic UFOs, or even more bizarre interpretations.

Life's like that.

edit on 10-1-2012 by JimOberg because: add specific name

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Hi Jim, as mentioned in this post isn't that the same tired old link you've been posting for quite some time now? Last time I looked you just knew missiles were being let off in the Atlantic ocean 'somewhere' and you ignored large swathes of Spanish Air force file testimony which didn't fit snugly with your 'conclusive' explanation.

Perhaps you can answer some of Schaden's points in this post.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
karl12,

Although I'm a great fan of most of your threads, I think Jim Oberg - and Vicente-Juan Ballester Olmos - are 100% right on this one.

In particular - though I'd appreciate a more detailed reference from Jim - the June 22 1976 Poseidon launch seems to give a nice explanation for the expanding transparent sphere and aliens seen on Fuerteventura:

Descriptions of the Aliens:
Two tall alien beings, 8-10 feet in height, manned the platform, or control center for the sphere, one on one side, one on the other. The aliens were wearing clothes of a red color, and they always looked directly at each other while performing their duties. The beings were humanoid shaped, with heads disproportionately large for the rest of their bodies. They wore a helmet. The doctor was able to glean such a good description of the beings and platform because the sphere was totally transparent. He could see stars through the sphere.
The Orb Moves Away:
As he watched the enigmatic sphere, it began to grow larger and larger as it began to move away from the island toward the town of Tenerfie. After reaching its ultimate size, it then dissolved into a small size before disappearing. A neighbor who lived near the doctor's patient, was watching television at the time, when the screen went blank, and her dogs began to bark loudly outside her home. She ran to a window to check on what the dogs were barking at, and saw the doctor's cab, and the alien sphere. She reported seeing two figures in the sphere.

I suspect that many other accounts of humanoid aliens and their space ships are also fancifully embellished misperceptions of rocket launches or other man-made or natural phenomena.

IMHO until UFO researchers discard these 'explained' cases, excellently researched cases like the 1968 Minot AFB incident will be vulnerable to ridicule by uninformed sceptics.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Those top 3 pictures sure remind me of what that John Titor bloke described his time machine as.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So maybe the are using earth as a sort of "gate".. a safe haven to come out of FTL travel in case something goes wrong. After a simple systems diagnostics to make sure everything went ok, they speed off again. Maybe to collect some fuel and continue to the next planet... hopping around until destination reached ? Earth is probably marked as none friendly or hostile, only stay for a few minutes if you really have to, and get out.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PPLwakeUP
This yellow sphere with 2 red forms in the middle was nothing more then a launch , explosion and combustion exhaust gas in the atmosphere from you "gringos" launching POSEIDON missels, see here WIKI from your submarines in the middle atlantic ocean almost 1000km to the east of the canary islands.

I've personally seen missile launches where what appears in the sky looks like a huge, semi-transparent sphere that grows and grows until it kind of fizzles out into pretty colors in the night evening sky. You'd need to have a pretty good imagination to see aliens in it, but hey, people are imaginative.

I like the time traveler/dimensional portal notion better. Sounds a lot like somebody paying Flatland a visit.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lowneck

Hey Lowneck, thanks for the reply and you may well be right
-as I mentioned in the linked post I'm not saying the missile explanation is untenable but it's just that without further information, parading it around as 'conclusive' seems a little disingenuous - especialy when no-one can even show where the missiles were being set off from or ignoring all the other aspects of the 100 page Spanish Air Force report..

..the launches were made from the Eastern US Test Range, a big area covering from Cape Canaveral to Ascension Island. Unfortunately, the exact position of the submarines involved is still classified.

Of course the Atlantic ocean is a pretty big place but who knows, Jim may be right on this one -would happily put the case to bed but I also thought Schaden made a good point here about the question of Mr. McDowell's mystery source and I did think it strange that entire crew of a Spanish Navy ship could not 'identify and attribute' the effects of Naval missiles.

Originally posted by Lowneck

IMHO until UFO researchers discard these 'explained' cases, excellently researched cases like the 1968 Minot AFB incident will be vulnerable to ridicule by uninformed sceptics.

Ah yes, couldn't agree more there about 'uninformed sceptics' and their abject reluctance to address many of the truly unexplained UFO cases - there's a post here which lists some of the truly puzzling ones (to me anyway) and it seems a shame that many of these incidents are never even addressed by debunkers, let alone debunked.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Karl12 you have made a very important point and i for one cannot perceive naval sources not being able to identify NAVAL missiles, does not add up and for that point i am not convinced of a naval missile test launch;

Its also interesting that the entire crew of a Spanish Navy ship could not 'identify and attribute' the effects of Naval missiles.

link; www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

karl12,

Many thanks for the comments.

I agree that Jim's link is not too helpful, and despite the Poseidon launch data being declassified, Dr Google has failed to come up with any precise timings of the Poseidon launches.

So although I believe Jim's statement:

The Canaries UFO kept appearing at the precise date and time of night-time Poseidon tests.

we do need more details. And, as a professional, Jim ought to be able to supply them.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i personally haven't heard about this event, and i hate the topic of spheres in general. BUT this peeked my interest and will be reading over the documents when i get a chance.

S&F for a quality thread with plenty of resourceful links thank you.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

If only people in the islands saw this craft, it would be possible that your thesis is right. It could be a case of massive hallucination. But it isn´t, perhaps you didn´t take the time to watch the videos I posted, if you saw them it would be plain to see that the same craft that was described both by the armada´s crew and the military and peasant hunters was flying all over Spain at the time.

It even landed on a military shooting range!.

I have read your posts for many years Mr. Oberg, your skeptic position is clear to me, and I have agreed with your positions many times, however in this case your explanation is simply absurd.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
looks like a whole lot of HOO HA to me

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Did you see them

Holy crap! Your pic as compared to the "artwork picture" is...just...hell, very similar. Eerily so. Could you share what the context of this picture you took was? (What you saw, etc) ?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

reply to post by karl 12

...we do need more details. And, as a professional, Jim ought to be able to supply them.

Granted. It's on my to-do list.

...along with a number of other Soviet-era SLBM test FOIAs...

Of course, i'm not the single-point failure here, and other folks could dig it out, too.

My prioritization deals with other more spaceflight-relevant projects, along with the old issue that I'm really waiting for the cases that I have already provided details for, such as the 1967 Russian 'crescent' UFO wave, the 1977 Petrozavodsk 'jellyfish', the Norwegian spiral, etc., to be accepted by the general UFO community [there will always be closed-minded hold-outs] as explained sigtings attributable to prosaic missile-space events. Then it could be worth the time to get to the next-in-line cases.

But really until then, it's just a demand I expend a lot of time for no advantage. And remaining time is not infinite...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

reply to post by karl 12

...we do need more details. And, as a professional, Jim ought to be able to supply them.

Granted. It's on my to-do list.

Here's the link with the full, specific data and photos:

Jim, the best reference is my publication in the official journal of the Spanish Air Force:
www.ikaros.org.es...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Jim,

Belated thanks for your efforts. Leere a su debido tiempo.

And it's good to see you going to a professional UFO researcher like Ballester Olmos for an authoritative analysis.

Since Richard Haines works so closely with Ballester Olmos, perhaps Haines and yourself aren't so far apart as many think.

Cheers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join