It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Good Parts Of 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well seeing as how so many people are "sick of seeing doom and gloom" on ATS I have decided to turn it around and be optimistic for a change. So here are some of the best reasons to await 2012 (forgive the excess amount of sarcasm, I had to try really hard to find valid points for this thread):

-Bush will be gone.

-Religious factions will be have killed one another off, leaving the rest of us out of divine feuds.

-Newspapers will start making money.
www.mediabuyerplanner.com...

-We will have access to "The Great Collider" results, perhaps in the 3 years following it's startup we can figure out how the Universe started, beings evolved, and understand spacial oddities such as "dark matter"

-Platinum will be turning a profit again.
www.moneyweb.co.za...

-Olympics in London (although you can more than likely expect some sort of terror act)

-World overpopulation will not be an issue.

-New ocean liners won't sink on icebergs.

-The profession of explorer will again be valid, with all the current natural disasters and an increase predicted there will be several newly formed landmasses for those adventurous souls. (I'm excited for this one, I can finally live out my dream as a pirate)

-The police will be disbanded/pre-occupied/acting security for super-wealthy, providing the rest of us the opportunity to live peacefully in our assigned camps or make shift shelters.

There are thousands of other great things (new weapons technology, a revolving tower in Dubai, etc.)
Feel free to contribute. My only request is KEEP IT POSITIVE!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
-destruction of pop culture and gossip in NEWS

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I will be going to the 2012 olympics, any terrorists will have to go through me to do any damage.

Other good things: People will stop the doom and gloom about 2012, although will probably move on to 2015 or 2018 or 2020.
or maybe 2024 (isn't that the year the terminator movies are set in?)
People will realise that the Mayans are an ancient, long dead society and stop listening to them.
Also hopefully by then there will have been a British referendum on the EU and it will be rejected

And hopefully all health and safety people will have died demonstrating the dangers of runnnign with scissors and playing with welding irons.

Offtopic: Typing these dates seems really weird, they sound like they are far in the future but infact they aren't that far.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The dates do seem so far ahead.

Im expecting to get a good tan

and some peace and quite whilst reading the news paper.
Being able to walk around major cities without being murdered to death.

Also, maybe we will get hover cars! i wonder if people forgot about those

All the best,
Liam

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Oh please god let the minivans go extinct!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Haha all great points. Man do I love satire.

Down with minivans!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
"Jesus" the "Christ", a name that makes people cringe, will return to slap silly the stupid christStains that have built a religion upon lies and an idol of "JESUS". He will then legalize it.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I like the idea of the supercollider results opening up a whole new world of understanding.

Personally, though its not necessarily positive (or negative either), it could be when the first human clone is created, the first genetically modified humans appear, or the first true artificial intelligence.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Lilley]

new topics

top topics

join