It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why have i never seen a ufo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i am a great believer in this sort of thing, i don't know why but i am. i would love to see something, anything, does anyone have any tips on spotting ufo's and the like.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by northeastuk

I don't think there's any given knack to it. It's just right place,right time,with a camera. Have you tried meditation? Stop laughing,I'm being serious. Start to learn how to meditate,and then read about sigil magick,many people claim that it works. Maybe if you ask to see evidence of ETs,you'll get lucky. (better than sitting there waiting for it to happen) Also with meditation,you might be able to "send out" a message to be received by the universe. Sounds a bit mental don't it,but if you don't try,you don't know. There was a video posted today,of a guy and a load of reporters,and they spent the day meditating for ufos,and got them. So don't just discount it cos it sounds a bit kooky.

edit to add,if you want a more scientific approach,then get some night vision stuff on the go. People seem to have good results with this method.

[edit on 30/6/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Don't get so desperate.

Believe it or not, UFO abductions and sightings are rare, and it's only because of the advent of the internet that people are truly starting to take notice of them.

If you truly, deeply believe, you'll see one, one day.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I wasn't mediating when I saw my UFO. My daughter and I were casually walking next door to my parents house.

We walked off the front porch and saw the UFO over my parents house. It was was almost sitting on top of the house.

I won't go into the boring story but it's on my profile. I have no proof.

Before that day I was not a member of ATS or any other UFO forum. I was and still am a believer but was not prepared for what I saw.

A few years later when I joined ATS the memory came back to me. I now believe my and my daughters memory could have been tampered with by what or who ever was on that UFO. My daughter had not remembered it until I asked her about it. We didn't even remember it the next day after the sighting.

Since joining ATS I have learned a lot about UFO's and how to be prepared if/when I see one again. I now have 2 cameras that are near me at all times. After experimenting with the cameras I am planning on purchasing a third one more powerful and better for UFO pictures/video.

Mediation is also something I do now in hopes of making contact with a UFO or an ET.

It was a very frightful experience but I feel more able to keep my cool and not soil my pants when I have my next sighting.

Keep looking up.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'd suggest going to a lake or area with unlimited view. Pop off a few flashes from your cam skyward.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
yea not for nothing I'd like to see one too. I'm a believer and I will probably never see a alien ufo or ghost. I'm a VERY logical HUMAN BEING. consider my intelligence to be pretty bright. so if I did see one, I would be all up on here telling everybody every detail. question is why do I Believe? hmmmm... maybe I'll make a post about that.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Been there done that jboo. You will question your own sanity when/if you do. Not for the faint of heart.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Coming from the NE myself I can say I've never seen anything strange round this part, I'm still an avid believer in UFO's and ET's.

Maybe they just dont like the NE!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Apparently they don't like the south either cause I've never seen one. Or maybe they just don't like me.....The Jerks

Every time I go outside I look up and scan the sky. Nothing yet.

Someday....someday....

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ufo sightings are very common, and abductions are happening by countless millions. Sighting one is definately preferable to getting abducted. But being in the heart of a city is less lucky scenario, though not impossible these days I suppose. On the outskirts of town, or slightly more country setting, simply asking, praying, meditating. Though you need to spend some time frequently away from city center. They monitor all of our thoughts and energies, so you have already been mapped. So simply requesting to see something, and perhaps praying meditating saving the world, helping people be free from corrupt governments, and asking for help may encourage a sighting.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I was at work when I saw my UFO. It was a blue globe and looked like an afterburner. It was dusk so I could see there was no aircraft and it was completely silent. Things like this do not happen when you are looking for them. I was caught completely by surprise and never expected to see an unexplained phenomena.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

i would love to see something, anything, does anyone have any tips on spotting ufo's and the like.

You could try skywatching. Just wait for a cool, clear evening, find an open space outdoors and watch the stars come out. Take a camera with you.

The chances are you won't see anything unusual, but you can still try. I can safely say I have seen one UFO.

Things like this do not happen when you are looking for them.

Absolutely. Ironically I have spent hours skywatching with no results, then one day when I was watching TV... there it comes! A red elliptical object, almost too bright to look at. I first saw it from the corner of my eye, conveniently placed in line with a window.

Trust me, if there's a UFO about (at close range) you won't miss it. Unless of course, it's just another ambiguous light in the sky - and those kind of sightings are never convincing or worth pursuing.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by JH80]

[edit on 30-6-2008 by JH80]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Your lookin in the wrong directions friend. They were spotted twice by the kids when we lived less than an hour from you.

I saw them too the once while in that area .. although can't say what they were.. well thats the point really isnt it? Unidentified.

check my old mothers day sighting podcast

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
When I was a kid, I used to take a flashlight, point it at one system or another, and flash prime numbers. Nothing.

As a previous poster suggested, I always carry a camera, extra battery, extra memory cards.

One night, m'Bride and I walked across the street to the beach with a bottle of champagne and sat on the beach and watched the stars. A bright purplish light came down at an angle, and we both thought it might be a flare (although I've never seen a purple one). It was about that speed. Then, as it approached the water, it shifted color tone into more of an orange, and went hard and fast parallel with the sea surface away from us to the west.

We had more champagne, and talked about what it could have been, and how lucky we were to see it. That was a UFO, in that we didn't have a clue as to its identification.

Sometimes, you just get lucky. Other than one incident as a child, that was the sum total of my UFO experience. I don't feel that wanting to see one helps, but I could be wrong about that.

[indicent? ha edit for pselling.]

[edit on 30-6-2008 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
yeah fred maybe they dont like the norheast,
mistiq got a little shock you saying they have already mapped me coz i wanted to se them.

top topics

join