It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else noticed the conservative bias in the media?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that people in the media will think that it's wrong that people think that Obama shouldn't be criticized. The media has looked at Obama negatively in the past. I think they have already criticized him a lot. Where is the criticism for John Mccain though? I don't see the media criticizing John Mccain like they have done with Obama. Why is this?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Anytime someone brings up a valid criticism of McCain it seems to be portrayed as an "attack" on him.

"The Media" is a big term though. Generally, MSNBC is more left leaning, Fox News is pretty much far right, and CNN is moderate. It follows that Fox News is the most biased towards McCain.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I need help.
I have neither seen heard nor read yet;

ANY serious criticism nor examination of Obama by the US media.

Please provide links or guidance to find such articles criticizing or investigating Obama.

All I see/hear/read is pro Obama cheerleading.

It looks to me exactly like the US media's 2000 cheerleading coverage of our dear dubya.

Help!

Need input!!!

[edit on 30-6-2008 by himself]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
We must be seeing two different things because all I see is nothing but overblown Obama hype.
He seems to be the darling, prima donna of the media, pretty soon we'll be forced to see every move Obama makes in slow motion, ala Kobe.
Gimme a break.

I can't believe you think McCain is a conservative.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Isn't he a conservative? If he isn't a conservative what is he? And I have seen Fox News broadcasters blast Obama a lot. Obama is not immune from criticism.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I completely agree.

One poster above me said CNN was moderate, however, and I would strongly disagree with them. CNN is looking just like Fox News lately, and it's really getting sickening trying to watch. MSNBC IS the most left news network, but I have to admit (even though I consider myself to be right down the middle of the road) that I do like MSNBC the most of them all (and that's still not saying much).

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Isn't he a conservative? If he isn't a conservative what is he?

He is registered as a Republican. Republicans and Conservatives are not the same thing. However, I am not sure I would even say he is a republican because he goes left on lots of issues.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
CNN is looking just like Fox News lately, and it's really getting sickening trying to watch. MSNBC IS the most left news network, but I have to admit (even though I consider myself to be right down the middle of the road) that I do like MSNBC the most of them all (and that's still not saying much).

This must be the funniest post of the day. CNN is a left wing organization hands down. MSNBC is extreme liberal left, CNN is normal left wing along with ABC, CBS and NBC. Although CBS might be in the same rankings as the ultra liberal MSNBC.

Perhaps you find yourself liking MSNBC better because you are in fact more left wing than you would like to admit.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
A few things. First if you are referring to the so called main stream media the majority of the television news stations are all left leaning except for FOX news which slants slightly to the right. The majority of the AM Talk Radio stations are all far right. It’s kind of see it from the left point of view and hear it from the right. Secondly on McCain being a conservative he is far from it. He's more like a liberal in republican's clothing. Thirdly - Obama should be criticized. He has yet to answer the tough questions and his track record is blank except for running a successful campaign. A few years in the Senate and all of a sudden he is going to be our savior? I’m all for change in Washington DC but I hate to say it, Obama is not changing Washington, Washington will change Obama. IMHO both of them are not worth the effort it takes to pull the lever on voting day. The 2008 election is going to be the same as the 2000 and 2004 elections – two duds to choose from. Curious if any of the two have met with the Bilderbergers yet and powdered their balls.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

WhatTheory is correct...

Republicans and Conservatives are not the same thing.

There is a sound bite out there somewhere of a McCain flubb where he accidently calls himself a "liberal", resulting in chuckles from the audience with McCain responding with "easy now".

The center continues to shift.
If McCain is way out there in Left field where do you suppose Obama is?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Are you kidding me? What networks have you been watching? No doubt that Obama's name has come up FAR more frequently than McCain's, but the press has been unbelievably easy on Obama - to the point where it is nauseating! If anyone else had as many connections to lunatics and criminals as what Obama has, they would have been out of the running long ago!

The media is SO bias in favor of Obama I don't think there is ANYTHING he could say or do that would make the press portray him as anything other than America's newest savior. Even if something horrific were to come out - say he was 100% proven to be a pedaphile who had molested over 20 children in a 3 year period - even THAT wouldn't cause the media (and his supporters) to turn on him. Rather than vilify him, the press would spin it and present him as a victim of a serious mental illness that, while unfortunate, would not take away from his ability to be President of the United States. While that might sound totally assinine, based on how the media has treated Obama so far, it really isn't that farfetched.

Jemison

new topics

top topics

join