It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Lieberman says terrorist attack likely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Joe Lieberman says terrorist attack likely

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

Sen. Joe Lieberman, the Democrat-turned-Independent who is a strong supporter of Republican John McCain's White House bid, suggested Sunday the United States will likely face a terrorist attack in 2009.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
First Charlie Black, now Joe Lieberman. This fear mongering is embarrassing to John McCain, and he rightly condemned Black's statements. But why does Joe Lieberman say something similar so soon after? Will John McCain shun Lieberman too? His campaign adviser already apologized, but is that enough?

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Nope, he is expressing his thought that a attack is lickely to happen and he doesn't say it would be good for Mc Cains ratings. The nuance is different and it just represents an opinion not a hope. But yes it boils down to the same thing only differently said. Fearmongering in a different jacket.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Agreed. There's a difference. Lieberman did not state that it would help McCain's campaign as Black did. Granted, the implication is probably there, but you can imply a lot of things in politics without getting into trouble, yet flat-out stating the same would be considered politically incorrect.

Otherwise, I think that what he said is generally accepted as true by both parties in Washington.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I too believe there will be a terrorist attack. At least it will look like a terrorist attack; it will be blamed on Iran and we will go to war over it. A patriotic fervor will we whipped up by the MSM. The flags will fly again as they were after 911. The politicians will make speaches about how Americans must unite and pull together against a common enemy and we will. Few will question the event as they once again attach their American flags made in China to their Mazda's or Kia's or Jag's.
The elections will be suspended, Martial law will be instituted and America will enter a Dark Age not seen since the Civil War or The Great Depression.

I feel this has been planned for many years by forces that are mysterious as they are evil.

Lieberman is a Harbinger of Doom!!

Is this just the rant of a paranoid, CTer? I pray go God, I'm just delusional and wrong!! It's like Yogi Berra said, "it's like deja vu all over again." We won't have long to wait, until we know.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!!!

[edit on 30-6-2008 by whaaa]

top topics

join