It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF To Conduct 'X-Ray of The Entire U.S. Financial System'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

IMF To Conduct 'X-Ray of The Entire U.S. Financial System'

cryptogon.com

Officials with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) have informed Bernanke about a plan that would have been unheard-of in the past: a general examination of the US financial system. The IMF’s board of directors has ruled that a so-called Financial Sector Assessment Program (FSAP) is to be carried out in the United States. It is nothing less than an X-ray of the entire US financial system.

As part of the assessment, the Fed, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the major investment banks, mortgage banks and hedge funds will be asked to hand over confidential documents to the IMF team.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not sure how this will actually be allowed to happen or be carried out, when U.S. leaders have so much power and influence within this system...Again, it's the familiar pattern of how does a group police itself when the vast majority are in on the act? The past several years have been an absolute pillaging and plundering by these entities of the little people, and there my guess is that this goes all the way to the top and involves the highest figures in gov.

I found the below paragraph particulary amusing and telling at the same time...lol

For seven years, US President George W. Bush refused to allow the IMF to conduct its assessment. Even now, he has only given the IMF board his consent under one important condition. The review can begin in Bush’s last year in office, but it may not be completed until he has left the White House.

cryptogon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Another great find, DD! Flagged and starred. This is good news, except I don't trust the IMF very much either, they have been known to bankrupt entire countries, especially third world countries.

If you haven't done so, you'd probably like to read "Confessions of An Economic Hitman". It has alot of eye-popping information about the IMF.

This will be interesting, though. Can't wait to see what their conclusions are. Very telling about Bush not wanting it to be concluded until out of office.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
More evidence that we are experiencing the NWO RIGHT HERE, AND RIGHT NOW. We'll see more and more of this. A Global Entity required to perform oversight on the infantile 'Nation' that can't behave itself. Looks like part of the plan to me. The Global Community must perform oversight ... well, that's what Global Government is. It is here today, gang. All planned, as usual.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hi DD.

Nice work again, as ever

As I've stated here, there is a growing trend of related threads here on ATS.

It looks like the storm clouds are coming in closer and closer as we type.. it's almost as if we can't keep up with the amount of related reports being posted on MSM sites.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Problem - reaction - solution. Elites crash the US financial system by pulling strings globally, then they provide an international centralized organisation as a solution. The result is the same as always, more power for them, less liberties and wealth for everyone else.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The IMF board of directors made this decision? Do we, the actual 'owners' of the wealth of the United States (ahem) get to see the result? Or is this just another private bank being audited by a potential 'buyer'?

What could come of such a study? What would it serve? Who are they reporting to? Themselves? Every other central bank on Earth?

What is the disposition of the wealth of the nation? Where is our gold? Where are our assets? Have the corporation's bought them all up with 'fiat' paper money - which we 'borrowed' on their behalf?

DO we, the people, get to oversee the investigators? Who determines what they can and can't have access to? Does the International Settlement Bank have anything to do with this? How about the UN?

SO many questions? Will the media pursue any of them? Or will we, the internet 'tin foil hat' crowd have to scrape and dig for every tidbit?

Thanks DD!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Looking at recent June 19 Article IV review on the U.S economy by the IMF reveals some interesting information about where the economy might be headed:

www.imf.org...

Conclusion so far:

U.S. authorities are to be congratulated on their rapid and innovative responses to a complex crisis, but significant challenges lie ahead.

Nothing unexpected. Here's a list of news articles by them concerning the U.S. Economy:

www.imf.org...

I'd like to see another news source verify (not re-hash) Gabor Steingart's article in Der Spiegel, just to be sure.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
ok well the last part about george w not wanting them to complete it while hes still in office screams sketchy!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Interesting..

Bush has been good about keeping alien entities from infringing on our natural rights.. for instance, keeping the UN out of our business, not recognizing the World Court and of course, keeping the IMF at bay.

I find it interesting that sept 2007-2009 is not to be included in the report that he is allowing, which would highlight the actual disintegration of the financial systems..

However if the report is as thorough as we would hope for, it would take a decade to get the sufficient information .. but we would gleam an incite into how the financial crisis was CREATED, we will wait to see how it failed..

One very good reason Bush has not allowed the IMF to do this investigation and then leak it to the world is quite frankly, the US financial markets preform so much fraudulent activity with the subprime crisis, speculating on the subprime markets and predatory lending practices, just to name a few, confidence in the stability and viability of the US markets would essentially tank.

Sounds like Bush will be leaving it for the next fella to clean up. Sorry bout' or luck McCain or Obama!

(note: The likely hood of the IMF actually generating a bad report though is slim to none.. my guess to be allowed to 'xray' the economy they must keep tight lipped about it, keeping the information to themselves.)

[edit on 6/30/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Uh, sovreignity anyone? Anyone who's ever made the statement that the federal government has no right to know how much is in a private citizen's wallet at any time should be screaming from the rooftops over this. Only it's everyone's wallet and it's the globalist government doing the snooping. I'm guessing Bush doesn't want it released until he's out of office merely because he's forcing the next guy to make the call on defending our sovreignity from this.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
Problem - reaction - solution. Elites crash the US financial system by pulling strings globally, then they provide an international centralized organisation as a solution. The result is the same as always, more power for them, less liberties and wealth for everyone else.

"Elites" didn't crash the system. Average americans did. Mass consumption of imports and credit. They can't do anything without your complicit behaviors.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Behaviours engineered by publicity barrage. Sure, the people have to let it happen, I'll agree, but the ones with massive financial power do influence them heavily in one or another direction, investing their portofolios to shape not only the economy but the culture of a nation.

Or in short, I agree with you, but there's another level of the problem you should consider. The way I see it, while the americans did crash their system, they were herded into it.

If the banks wanted to, they could have sidestepped the subprime situation by simply not taking on those risky investments and not offering those products to their clients. Banks are THE elite corporations and a cornerstone in the economic enslavement of not only americans but all of mankind.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This seems like a good thread to point out that the IMF is, essentially, above the law:

Section 3. Immunity from judicial process

The Fund, its property and its assets, wherever located and by whomsoever held, shall enjoy immunity from every form of judicial process except to the extent that it expressly waives its immunity for the purpose of any proceedings or by the terms of any contract.

Section 4. Immunity from other action

Property and assets of the Fund, wherever located and by whomsoever held, shall be immune from search, requisition, confiscation, expropriation, or any other form of seizure by executive or legislative action.

Section 5. Immunity of archives

The archives of the Fund shall be inviolable.

Section 8. Immunities and privileges of officers and employees

All Governors, Executive Directors, Alternates, members of committees, representatives appointed under Article XII, Section 3(j), advisors of any of the foregoing persons, officers, and employees of the Fund:

(i) shall be immune from legal process with respect to acts performed by them in their official capacity except when the Fund waives this immunity

Sources:
US Code, Title 22 Section 286h
Articles of Agreement of the Fund

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
i doubt much will come of it, the US Gov, has a habit of "loosing" documents that could be detrimental to their hold on power, i have a feeling the paper shredders will have been working over time when the IMF anounced this.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred
US Gov, has a habit of "loosing" documents

The article says they'd be looking at records from "the Fed, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the major investment banks, mortgage banks and hedge funds".

Only one government entity in that list.

And that's enough information to piece together a clearer economic picture, regardless of the 'covering' activities of any single party.

And when the investigating party can do things like raid for records without a search warrant, interrogate without regard for the concerns of those investigated, all with no 'controlling legal authority', the stakes are a little higher.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
IMF finally knocks on Uncle Sam's door

IMAGINE the Reserve Bank of Australia, concerned that its friends in the city of Sydney (but perhaps Melbourne) who, having wallowed in wealth all their adult lives, were no longer gainfully employable and their wildly extravagant lifestyles were in danger, and, having the powers to intervene in the market, decided to do just that on their behalf.

Imagine them offering to enter the market and buy shares that would prop up the foolish gambles of the bankers, gambles they had encouraged them, until recently, to take by providing them with cheap money.

On top of that, they told this group they would provide hundreds of billions of dollars in credits to these same profiteers on the grounds they were so big and important to the economy they were indeed too big to fail.

Then, imagine, despite pouring untold taxpayers money into stocks and allowing their cronies access to vast sums, the system continued to fail. So they announced they would need greater power and with it more secrecy.

For its growing band of critics has, perhaps unwittingly and in the interest of public good, this has become the principal function of the US Federal Reserve.

If this was to happen in Australia the International Monetary Fund would be hammering at the door of the Reserve Bank. But Australia does not have a President's Working Group on Financial Markets, commonly known as the Plunge Protection Team, that allows the US Government to prop up the markets by buying shares. But to imagine the IMF investigating the US financial system is unthinkable, or was. But, at the weekend, Der Spiegel reported that the IMF would conduct a full investigation into virtually every aspect of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
perhaps, but do you truely believe the FED doesnt have any stakes or influence in those other institutions?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The American people Own the Debt... the collectors are coming

Powerful people and interests use banks to indept the citizens of the world. They then recall the loans, which were artificial, digital fiat currency to begin with. This forces those indebt to forfeit their possessions to the banks.

This IMAGINARY money was used to indebt people for the sole purpose of obtaining (stealing via Usury) their REAL assets and property. Things of actual worth.

Best part is, if anyone resists; The banks call in their enforcers (Police) and have you either removed from the property, or liquidated on the spot. The governments that support these actions make so much money from it that they will never stop, in fact it will get worse.

Why do you think there are almost 1000 concentration camps built in America?
They are going to round people up and force them to work off their Debts and the National Debt - I can see it coming.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
A few others and myself had posted about this in the US economic collapse theread. I found that last paragraph very telling myself, along with the fact that not only will the report only be completed after Bush leaves office, but that it won't be released until 2010. I wonder why that is. Is anyone thinking of leaving the country before the # hits the fan?

In any case, it isn't any one persons fault, most of the responsibility rests with those who represent us for continually allowing a private bank to control our economy. Turning blind eyes to the corruption that is the Federal Reserve, and continuing useless and unnecessary wars to our detriment. But I understand, you know, with them not being the ones who suffer and all. Would you or I care if this didn't affect us?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join