It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Shrinking Food Wraps: Same Price, Less Food

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Considering the obesity epidemic to hit America and the average size of people in this country, I can't see this as being a bad thing when it comes to food.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
-Smh...With all the fat asses in America, the last we need to be worrying about is less food. I'm sure less food won''t hurt us too much, considering that over half the country is over-weight and obese. Don't worry there'll be no famine anytime soon in America.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Normally you don't even have to do the math, most of the stores have the cost per unit listed right next to the price. All the major stores do and I wouldn't shop somewhere that didn't. It only takes 2-3 seconds to compare costs. There are certain items that I'm "brand loyal" for but most the cheap stuff is the same as the rest.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Well, the mfr only has two options. Either keep the weight or amount the same and raise prices or reduce the weight or amount and keep the price the same. High fuel prices and the like affect more than just you and your gasoline.

Bottom line, it all comes down to the consumer. All you have to do is read the package before purchasing. If the consumer is to stupid to read the packages and compare weight vs price among the different products and vendors then they have no one to blame but themselves.

The thing is I noticed they not only shrink the contents, they also RAISE the price, I noticed this has been going on for quite a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join