It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fahrenheit 451

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
dream, are you serious? Why would they ban that book? our school reccomended us to read it.

Yup...its on the list of banned books in the county or state or summin....maybe they dont wanna start summin wit the ideas in the book....i dunno.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

We had to read the book for my English class. It was very good.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I read 1984 twice and Brave New World bnut never read F-451. I didn't know it was THAT good. I saw a bit of the Movie version late one night on the sci-fi channel but, I thought it was corny. I'll just get the book. And, what is Anthem about?

No way dude.......you seriosuly can't do that. Watching the movie is like...murder of the book. This book is so beautiful I'm like shaking in my seat just hinking about it.

I couldn't quote one line from the book. I couldn't name all of the main characters. And I probably couldn't even tell you about how long it is.

But if the effect on me is THIS strong...you know its good.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The movie for farenheit 451 was really bad, but enjoyable in its own way. Most adaptations of Bradburys stuff are the same.

The black and white 50's version of 1984 was amazing, though. One of the best adaptations from a book I've ever seen.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
The movie for farenheit 451 was really bad, but enjoyable in its own way. Most adaptations of Bradburys stuff are the same.

The black and white 50's version of 1984 was amazing, though. One of the best adaptations from a book I've ever seen.

We watched the movie too. I fell asleep.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
after reading the book i couldnt get over the fact that the "captian Beatty" knew more about books then anyone. wasnt it ironic that he was the captain of the firemen?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Finished reading it today, did'nt get around to buying it until a week ago. It is more relavant to our society than 1984 was, 1984 is what we can become, F-451 is us now.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
This is the book that was made for ats. I strongly suggest you all read this book it shows what kinda world we are slipping into and how we should deny ignorance.

watch the movie equilibrium. same thing but with more guns

top topics

<< 1   >>

join