It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor's predictions are unfolding before our eyes...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot

Titor, "This is a picture taken in the fall of 2035 during my training. It shows my instructor beaming a handheld laser outside the vehicle during operation. The beam is being bent by the gravitational field produced outside the vehicle by the distortion unit. The beam is visible through smoke that is coming from his cigar."

Something about this pic makes me curious. I'm not exactly using it as a debunker, but this pic was taken in 2035 right? The car he is in surely looks like something from the 80's or maybe earlier. I wouldn't think that they would be training these guys in cars that are 55+ years old. This makes me a little suspicious. I mean, imagine if the car would look more futuristic, just like the brand new cars right now, look even more futuristic than the ones from the 90's. Again, this isn't proof, but it makes me even more skeptical of him. Are there any good reasons why you would use a car from say 1978 (the car could possibly be much older than this) instead of a modern car or even a car from 2010. Even if you used a car from 2010, it would be 25 years old by then. If the picture was more clear, I could probably tell you the make, model and year as well. Also, it says you can see the laser because of the smoke. To me, there isn't much smoke in that car and from the way I have seen lasers shown, they tend to vary more in color and intensity unless the smoke (or whatever is used) is VERY consistent. I'm no laser expert, so this is just a layman's talk since I don't know any better. Anyhow, there are just too many things that don't add up and it seems like when these things are debated, the Titor folk seem to try and bend every bit of logic to make his story work. This is a sign of something odd going on.

JPT

Edit-After some searching online, there are some that believe this picture was taken on the inside of a '66 Corvette. If this is true, to me, the Titor story is just more unlikely.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by justpassingthrough]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by justpassingthrough

Why in the world would a time traveler carry with him a picture like this? I mean, come ON.

I can see it now: "Ok, back to to the past I go...what should I bring.....clothes, food, as little as possible, and.......and a picture from my training so if anone questions me, I can post in on the net."

LOL....yeah, right.

Titor = HOAX.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by justpassingthrough
You wanted links, not opinioins. Here ya go.

From October 2000...
www.spaceref.com...
The link above talks about China wanting to get a man on the moon by 2005. Sounds like a prediction to me about manned Chinese spacecraft and it was posted in 2000.

From January 2001...
www.spaceref.com...

From Novemeber 2000
www.spaceref.com...

These are a few that show the quick progress, plus some minor help from the US perhaps.
www.spaceref.com...

...So, let's take this one topic at a time. Does your Titor Chinese "getting man into space" argument still hold water? If you'd like I can try and find some more media stuff.

JPT

Yes, it does. Because those links you provided talked about UNMANNED ROCKETS, NOT ONE THING about the first Chinese man in space.

Show me the links from 2000, or Jan/Feb 2001 that talked about the Chinese sending their first man into space.

Here is a link for you: www.washtimes.com... Notice that this is 4 months before their first man in space. Notice also who wrote the article. Even this guy seems to be unaware that China is just months from having their first person in space.

I

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Did you even read the very first link I put up? That link talks about China putting a man on the moon by 2005. If that doesn't talk about putting a man in space, I don't know what does. This article was oct 2000. Reread the first link and then get back to me, otherwise I have no idea what you are asking for. China was predicting itself to have a man on the moon by 2005, so surely this would mean a man in space before that.

JPT

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have often thought how a time traveler would present themselves to people or what they could do to convince people of their story…

John Tutor isn’t it. While this guy obviously did some research before he pulled this charade, the very thing he claimed to control, time, is exposing him. People seem to need to do an awful lot of extrapolating to make anything he said work.

This comes from someone who really does think this will happen some day… but people only prove how gullible they are by giving this story the “time” of day.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In

Second and most intriguing to me is that the so called and self-proclaimed, "Master Debunker's" have written Titor's claims off as a HOAX, without any proof, rhyme or reasoning.

I agree with you completely. I amazes to no end that just because people have a word to describe something they think they understand the concept completely. (e.g. instinct or quantum physics) Einstein himself had trouble wrapping it around his mind, but non-physicists everywhere throw the words around like they are geniuses who are so much smarter than Einstein himself.

I have to call BS on their so called "debunking" of Titor.

They look at a photo and say, I can tell just by the way it looks. "Physics just doesn't work that way" they say.

Wow. Even FTD researchers would never make claims like that, but a lay person is now the know it all pontificating his expertise. Expertise in what exactly? Pontification or bull excrement?

To my knowledge, no one has yet come forward to identify exactly what the "time machine" in the photo really is, much less the schematic diagrams. that would be a whole lot of trouble for a simple hoaxer.

I am reminded of Dr Zaius from Planet of the Apes when he see the talking doll of human form. He has known about the truth all along, but argued vehemently to suppress it.

"Nothing to see here. Move along" is their mantra which helps ease them into sweet slumber.

No time travelers, no ghosts, no UFOs, no foreclosures, no banks failing, no collapse of the economy, no fascist regime wiping their posterior with the Constitution.

Forget the facts and believe the lies. It is nothing more than swamp gas, hoaxers, and unpatriotic lies.

TRUTH:
Most debunkers need a good debunking. They never keep up with the current science and articles.

Time travel is mainstream science now but there are those who still say that it is impossible. My college Physics professor used to tell us that black holes were BS. Him and I had many arguments and I would quote others in the field who could show proof. I had already lost by arguing and my grade reflected that loss. He knew everything there was to know about physics right? Wrong.

We all know nothing. Open your eyes and see reality for yourself. Never believe anything from a talking head or debunker.

I don't know if Titor is real, but it sure does have a ring of truth.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I watch, I wait, I see things unfolding in a manner already described. People talk all sorts of trash about me and my beliefs but I watch Closely and see more and more of what Titor spoke about come about.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In

Originally posted by Zepherian
Personally, I don't care. I go by my intuition. I understand the principles of 'today's' physics, but I also understand that what is fiction today, can and will be fact in the very near future.

Intuition has nothing to do with current logic.

But you do understand that none of us have any reason to trust your intuition. I'm not telling you not to, but we would have to be VERY guilible to trust a "feeling" of someone we have never met.

Logically speaking is sounds like you have fallen into the fallacy of subjectivism.

Vas

p.s. I find Titor interesting, but have no opinion on his truthfulness.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well we're only a couple of weeks away from finding out whether the Olympic prediction comes true or not. If it doesn't, I'll admit Titor was not the real deal.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I went over Titor's stories so many times.

I will say that whoever he was had to be very intelligent and very creative to trick everyone into believing his stories. He also was probably one of those rare types that loved reading and then calculating some possible outcomes in our society (rare...only because he was able to mass brainwash people). A gift that not many people have but usually its down to the small % of the population that can read, possibly predict, and see some different outcomes.

John Titor is probably the same guy who did the entire Wall Street thing. It is not that he is from the future but that he can see more then others can. Probably linked to insanity and genius. I'm sure once he continued on with his medication he went back to his "normal" time in thinking.

Can you imagine what Albert Einstein could have predicated in his time? He could most likely see far into the future and much more then this Titor character. But Albert Einstein didn't predict things he just calculated them. Something that the greatest minds can accomplish even today if given the right amount of information.

What would Nikola Tesla have predicted? Probably a good 100 years into the future? But he was also a rare type. Titor character is nowhere near the above mentioned scientists but Titor is more like H.G. Wells.

But he gave for an interesting story. I'm sure once CERN is turned on you will see it is nothing to worry about.

World war 3 is very probable but it will not last long. A civil war right now would not make sense but possibly in the future. This is all possible but not likely.

I also believe if our planet and all the people ever develop time travel. We'd have it amazingly regulated and very public for everyone to see and notice. Otherwise we'd get too many anomalies and odd things happen to all of us. The public would have to know about time travel sooner or later regardless.

But again I say Titor was a fictionally created person based on a brilliant brainwashing mastermind

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by clg79
I went over Titor's stories so many times.

But again I say Titor was a fictionally created person based on a brilliant brainwashing mastermind

Somethings Titor got right were big like the invasion of Iraq over wmds(NUKES) that simply did not exist. Somethings he got right were small like the poem named "a soldiers winter" by larry cluck. Somethings were uncanny like telling the people the Hawking would revers his opinion about blackholes. And somethings he got wrong like the timeframe of the civil war and the opening date of CERN.

Still I wait and I watch.

For all he has gotten right and wrong I think the Bejing Olympics will not happen. Lord knows the Chinese government has done enough by itself to cause a cancellation of the event.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
from George Crystal
time travel myth?

MEGA TSUNAMI HITS ENGLAND KILLS 34 000 000 IN YEAR .....
FROM GREENLAND SQUASHDRINK IN YEAR 2012 AUGUST

CHINA OLYMPICS SAME TIME LINE 1936 THEY DID SAME IN 2010 AS HITLER IN MUNICH 1938

OBAMA KILLED BY ASSASIN WHEN HE....

INDIA HEAT WAVE of 2009 KILLED ......PEOPLE

FLOOD OF APRIL 2009 IN EU DID SO MUCH .....

Dec21 2015 they ....NATION AGAIST NATION MAINLY CHINA VERSE INDIA MUTUALLY BELOWED ANIHILATION WITH NUKES

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Mr. Titor
assuming these pages survive in to future 2036 when you will read this
kids from UFO say hello to you, that is Charlie, Little Boy, Other Boy, and me.
in 2038 adults will burn not kids they will use Haarp in war....are TALL
well so much for the revolution in good old USA or civil conflict NEWER HEARD OF 2005
I say if your are time traveler it come to pass to rip of something like Gold
I have done research on you Mr. Titor or should I call you British agent?
symbol on uniform is really British...oh yah you emigrated to USA? when
in 2015 -2020 for sure Florida under water so you must be from Atlantis no hands just fish fangs
so how could you be there etc.
Basically what one say exposes thinking process of subject thus British secretly desiring revolution is known fact not in USA
call Red Dragon and your ex wife wants alimony payments
Your friend in time
George

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
well we have the same life style then with the paranormal when i started to look into this deeply i came to the conclusion that he mentioned well more like hinted toward things but when deciphered these happened. Like you say no one has actually proven him wrong with any type of evidence. He is the real deal the problem is nobody believes in these types of things.. well before its to late that is.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
if john titor was right, than can you explain what i have been watching on NBC for the last couple of weeks?

he asked for nothing, but that does not mean he was right.

maybe he was a bored geek who wanted to show his geek pals how smart he can be by creating his own phenomena.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I just thought I would point out the following again:

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by justpassingthrough
reply to post by sir_chancealot

So, you don't believe that Titor is a hoax and you don't believe that he was the truth. So, what exactly do you believe? I mean, why would you defend his words when you are ambiguous about what you think of him? With his predictions, I do believe they are probably about half right, half wrong to say it easily. You could say like 1/3 are wrong, 1/3 are too open to interpretation and 1/3 right if you wanted to start to get specific I suppose. ...

What I believe is that some people on here are being disingenuous (fancy word for liar) when they say that he got NO predictions right.

The Chinese in space was a big one. NO ONE IN THE MAINSTREAM PREDICTED IT. It was a shock when it happened. That's just one example.

The second thing I believe is that people do not quote him correctly. A prime example of this is the debunkers like to say that he said a woman would be president after G.W. Bush. That is blatently not true (i.e., a lie). It's hard to have a discussion if 1/2 of the conversation make stuff up that wasn't said.

People like to use two, TWO examples to say Titor was wrong. That of the Civil War, and the Olympics. I have asked 3 times, and still no debunker will answer the following question, which is EXTREMELY PERTINENT to his Olympics quote. That question is as follows:

Are the 2008 Olympics the start of a new Olympics, or the remainder of the last Olympics? I can find no information on that, and not being a sports nut, I do not recall. Why do debunkers ignore this question?

Second is the issue of the Civil War. Taken in context, and without reading any biases into it, he says that the civil war starts in 2004 with "Waco type events" that are about 1 a month. Does that sound like hostilities have broken out everywhere? You can infer that in 2008, outright fighting is set to begin. He says two things specifically about 2008. One is that the civil war "is at everyone's doorstep". The second is that by 2008, everyone knew that the life they thought they were living was over.

"At the doorstep" means it is right here, but hasn't actually started. It means the very last "step" hasn't been taken. If I said something like "I am at the very last doorstep to entering college", would you assume that I was IN college, or that there was only one thing left for me to do before I entered college?

He predicted that people would be held without due process. This is happening right now as we speak. Do any of you deny it? He asked the question "How many rights will you give up for security?" (paraphrased). Isn't that the big question in our society right now? We in the fringe has been discussing this very thing for years and years and years. Only in the last couple of years have these two very subjects went mainstream.

You debunkers please show me anyone not a "conspiracy theorist" that predicted in 2000 or 2001 that we'd have people arrested and detained without due process!

We now have AVERAGE PEOPLE living in tent cities, and out of their cars. This has not been seen in this country since the Great Depression. Do you think that they would agree with the statement that "the life they thought they were living was over"? MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF HOMES ARE SET FOR FORECLOSURE THIS YEAR. Do you think that they might agree with that phrase? Do you think any of THEM would have thought that just one year ago? How about the new news that GM may have to declare bankruptcy? Or the fact that two different European banks have stated that they expect the U.S. to undergo financial meltdown this year?

Again, my point is not to say he was or wasn't a time traveler. My point is that he did, indeed, get his predictions right, despite what some on here want to claim.

So, you have said 1/3 of his predictions are wrong. Show it. Show me the 1/3 of his predictions that are wrong. The same two keep cropping up. The Olympics and the Civil War. That's it. About 20 or 30 (at a guess, maybe even more) of his statements could be thought of as "predictions".

Hell, he even talked about mad cow disease before anyone in the U.S. even had a CLUE that it was here.

Here is the thing that none of the debunkers want to recognize. What constitutes the beginning of a civil war is up for debate. This is further compounded by the fact that he doesn't define what he means by civil war. "At your doorstep", taken in normal and everyday use, means that it is almost ready to begin. We know the actual date that Germany invaded Poland, yet historians still disagree with when WWII actually started. They can, rightfully so with hindsight, point out that it started much earlier, with some even going back to the treaty of Versailles. In fact, most history books will even make reference to this, and have some statement like "Actually hostilities began when...". Examined another way, there can be differing thoughts on when it started, but NO ONE can say it was later than September 1, 1939. The first (time-line wise) definitive statement Titor made was that by 2010, it had consumed everyone. Think of 2010 as equating Sept 1, 1939 in WWII.

Anyone can say that he was not a time traveler and it doesn't bother me. But don't say he didn't get anything right, some things right, or even most things right. There are only 2 things (so far) that are up for argument. And that is the Civil War, and the Olympics. The man even predicted CERN would soon discover how to make micro-singularities! Did anyone ELSE predict in 2000 or early 2001 that CERN would make those? Anyone? Bueller....?

Anyway, if people want to "debunk" him, fine. Just do so honestly. Someone even said "Oh, uh it was easy to predict the Chinese would send someone into space soon (meaning back in 2000 or 2001). Ok, fine. SHOW ME THE LINKS. Don't talk about how "anyone" could have done it. Show me the links from 2000 or 2001 mainstream (or even not-so-mainstream) sources that predicted the Chinese would have their first man in space. Is that so hard?

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people are talking about CERN making micro-singularities.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where anyone ELSE talked about 100,000 people losing their lives in a single day.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people were talking about suspects being held without due process.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where "non-lethal" weapons were talked about as being quite lethal.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where the Chinese were predicted to send their first man in space.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people were asking what were the political motivations of rewriting the Constitution.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people were saying that our government's claim of Iraq having nuclear weapons was just BS to justify the Iraqi war.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people were talking about how much liberty to give up for safety.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people said the mad-cow disease was cause for concern here in the United States.

Now, that's just 9 things I picked at random at the start of this thread. There are many more that haven't even been covered here.

Don't offer your opinion, SHOW ME THE LINKS.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dj_molecular
reply to post by Tapped In

Telsa whom i admire very seriously ALSO said we could have electricity wireless... what happened to that.. and all his other ideas that were stolen from his archives.... im sure you believe in the Philadelphia experiment too!!

It's already here dude;
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

John Titor Letter 177 tempus edax rerum : UNKOWN TRANSLATION--pig latin (WOW--TIME WILL DEVOUR ALL THINGS--mind you I did not listen to the letter til after research -- Dec 17th, 2010--the day this all started)

John Titor is the name used on several bulletin boards during 2000 and 2001 by a poster claiming to be a time traveler from the year 2036. In these posts he made numerous predictions (a number of them vague, some quite specific) about events in the near future, starting with events in 2004. He described a drastically changed future in which the United States had broken into five smaller regions, the environment and infrastructure had been devastated by a nuclear attack, and most other world powers had been destroyed.

To date, the story has been retold on numerous web sites, in a book, and in a play. He has also been discussed occasionally on the radio show Coast to Coast AM. In this respect, the Titor story may be unique in terms of broad appeal from an originally limited medium, an Internet discussion board

This is all based on theory--I saw it as a puzzle that needed to be unlocked...so if it sounds that bizarre to you--I surely don't want to take the chance...

This is all based through all languages and under "auto-detect" feature

TYPE 1: Portuguese (European) to English

tem pus e da x re rum-----has pus and of the x re rum

TYPE 2: Swedish to English

tempus e d ax re rum-----Tempus e d Ax re place

TYPE 3: Portuguese (European) to English

tem pus e d ax re rum-----has pus and d ax re rum

TYPE 4: Portuguese (European) to English

tem puse da xre rum-----has to pose of the xre rum (Went to try to re-translate it the same way and it would not confirm translation)

TYPE 5: Portuguese (European) to English

tem puse da xr er um-----tem puse da xr er um

TYPE 6: Spanish (Latin-America) to English

tem puse dax rerum-----tem I put dax rerum

TYPE 7: Spanish (Latin-America) to English

te m puse dax rerum-----you m I put dax rerum

(I was trying to re-look into the above "English term "you m I put dax rerum"--this led me to this term "????? ???? ?? ?" which is supposed to be Greek--for some reason this translation cannot be translated, or at least for now...--DEC. 22nd, 2010 11:30 am) (FINALLY SOMETHING DIFFERENT--I translated "????? ???? ?? ?" as if it were Thai--which led me to this translation: Thai to English "Calcutta, €, Calcutta Calcutta € ?, a ”, ?, ?, a UNESCO ? Tha (P)" -- but now this one is being a pain in the butt to translate...so we shall see...--Dec. 22nd, 2010 12:05 pm) (This is the translation I have come up with -- "Euros, iyo €of of ", UNESCO, Tha (p)" coming from the Arabic translation "????, iyo €of ?? "????????, ?? (?)" -- I looked up Euros which led me to this link -- www.unexplained-mysteries.com... -- titled "The Euro must die" -- Dec. 22nd 2010 12:30pm --this is also an articla based from 2012 prophecies...)

"The Euro must die"
Posted on Friday, 17 December, 2010
Columnist: Phillip Tilley

In August of 2008 I wrote the article in this column titled “2012 and the Economy”. I explained why the currency we use today, the Federal Reserve Note dollar, may come to an end at the end of 2012. A new currency would have to emerge to replace the old one. If that were to happen today, the world would switch from Federal Reserve Note dollars, the current world reserve currency, to the Euro. So between now and the end of 2012 the Euro must die!

Some of you might think that is impossible while others will say it is already happening, and it is already happening. Remember, twenty years ago nobody thought the Europeans could put aside their differences to have a common currency, but the impossible happened.

We need look no further than the economic crisis in Europe to get an idea of what will happen. First it was Greece with 110 Billion Euro ($145 Billion), currently it is poor Ireland with 85 Billion Euro ($113 Billion) and likely the next countries will be Portugal, Spain and Italy. The funding for Ireland came from the EU fund which has 750 Billion Euros in reserves, and from the IMF or International Monetary Fund. If Spain needs a bailout it would need more than the remaining Euros in the EU bailout fund.

That leaves the IMF. The IMF is largely funded by the U.S. and its representatives on the board of governors are Timothy Geithner, the current U.S. Treasury Secretary, and Ben Bernanke, the current chairman of the Federal Reserve. It would seem the IMF has set into motion the sinister plan to bring about the end of the Euro so the Federal Reserve can bring about the end of the Federal Reserve Note dollar all on time with the long term goal.

In the U.S. with mid-term elections over, the current administration no longer has to lie about how bad the unemployment situation is. They can now slowly reveal the real unemployment rate and blame it on the election of the Republicans. Already they admit at a time when jobs which fuel the economy should be growing they are actually shrinking and the unemployment rate went up officially to 9.8%. Every economist agrees it will stay high for the next several years at least.

Jack Kleinhenz, chief economist at the National Retail Federation recently said, “A fourteen percent rally in the Dow Jones industrial average since late August has made households feel wealthier”. That is a ridiculous statement. The common man with any common sense does not have any common currency to put in the stock market and could not care less what the Dow does. They will feel wealthier when they go back to work, stop having their houses foreclosed on and can stop worrying about making ends meet.

But I fear the Euro is doomed by evil deeds done by evil men doing the evil that evil men do. Wake up people, the money matrix has you.

RE-COPPIED SPANISH (LATIN-AMERICA) TRANSLATION/ "AUTO-DETECT"

(mind you this is "auto-detect"--I was trying to translate if from English to a different language)

Spanish (European) to Arabic

te m puse dax rerum-----??????? (? ????? dax ???

Arabic to English

??????? (? ????? dax ???-----Achievement (p dax has confirmed

English to Urdu

Achievement (p dax has confirmed-----???? (?? dax ?? ?? ??? ?? ?????

Urdu to English

???? (?? dax ?? ?? ??? ?? ?????-----Act (the dax has confirmed

English to Arabic

Act (the dax has confirmed-----????? (?????? ???

Arabic to English

????? (?????? ???------The law (outside confirmed

English to Hausa

The law (outside confirmed---Shari'a, ba a tabbatar da

Hausa to English

Shari'a, ba a tabbatar da---The law, they did not confirm

English to Turkish

The law, they did not confirm---Yasa, onlar da tasdik etmedi

Turkish to English

Yasa, onlar da tasdik etmedi---They did not in the law, to certify the

English to Turkish

They did not in the law, to certify the---Bu, kanunda tasdik edilmesi

Turkish to English

Bu, kanunda tasdik edilmesi---This is to certify the law

(The ABOVE sequence Turkish to English says "This is to certify the law" --why it is interesting is I hadn't even changed the word RERUM around)

Urdu to English

Railway When ???? ??? ????? ?? dax 30 0007 when he rented step- (URDU)

However When Railway short kits T. dax 30); textphone 0808 808 step- rented when. (English)

(DAX is something to do with Wall Street ... here is a link www.ad-hoc-news.de... )

Serbian to English

kada zeleznicke Medutim kratak pribor T. 30 ); textphone 0808 808 korak- iznajmljene kada. (Serbian)

When railway however short accessories t. 30); textphone 0808 808 step-rented when. (English)

Pashto to English

?? ??? ?? ????? ??? accessories) ?? ?? ??. ?? 30 ???? textphone ? 0808 808 ?? ????. ??? ?? ????? (Pashto)

But when the railway tracks short accessories) they have not. in the 30th textphone $808 step 0808. When the lease (English)

(December 18th--Just texted 08808--message came back as a land line will try a different solution--maybe add 5655 to the sequence--doesn't work!!)

Serbian to English

Ali, kada zeleznicke pruge kratak dodatna) nisu. 30 textphone $808 0808 korak. U Zakup (Serbian)

But, when railroad short accessories) are not. 30 textphone $808 0808 step. The rental (English)

Arabic to English

???? ????? ??? ???? ????? ????????) ????? ????. 30 ????? textphone ?????? 808 ????. ??????? (Arabic)

But when short railway attachments) are not. 30 dollars textphone Centre 808 degrees. Rental (English)

Arabic to English

??? ???, ????? ??????? ????? Railway ????????) ??. 30 808 ????? textphone ??????. ??????? (Arabic)

However, when short-term Railway annexes). The Centre textphone $30 808. Rent (English)

(Was trying to figure out what The Centre textphone $30 808 meant--so ofcoarse google...which led me to this document titled "It Starts Here"- www.bp.com... - also there was another site that struck my eye but I could not access it..."107-12-29.160329.abh - SCHOOL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE, Carnegie Mellon" URL: www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/.../107-12-29.160329.abhayaa.trn.trg.vcb)

Turkish to English

Ancak, kisa - vadeli Demiryolu eklenti). Merkezi'nin textphone 30 milyon dolar 808. Rent (Turkish)

However, long-term short - Railway annexs). The Center for $30 million textphone 808 . Rent (English)

(I looked up "DAX: The Center for $30 Million which yet again led me to a Global Innovation Center: Here is the link -- www.ad-hoc-news.de... )

"Emerson Opens $30 Million Global Innovation Center"

11.05.10 | 16:03 Uhr

Emerson Process Management, a global business of Emerson (NYSE: EMR), today announced the opening of the state-of-the-art Emerson Innovation Center, Fisher® Technology in Marshalltown, Iowa.

Emerson Process Management, a global business of Emerson (NYSE: EMR), today announced the opening of the state-of-the-art Emerson Innovation Center, Fisher® Technology in Marshalltown, Iowa. This $30 million investment is designed to help customers tackle the toughest engineering challenges facing today?s process manufacturing and energy industries.

The world?s appetite for energy is driving the development of next-generation nuclear plants, mega-train liquefied natural gas (LNG) plants, and large oil and gas refineries, which require larger capacities and highly engineered control valves and instrumentation. The 136,000-square-foot Emerson Innovation Center is designed to help companies deliver record volumes of natural gas and other forms of energy and consume less in the process, reducing costs and making plants run quieter and with reduced greenhouse emissions.

The center is home to the world?s largest ?flow lab? that, for the first time, enables large valves to be tested in real-world plant conditions to ensure production reliability, efficiency, environmental compliance, and safety before being installed at a customer site.

?No other facility in the world can do what our Marshalltown Emerson Innovation Center can do ? from seismically qualifying a 35,000-pound control valve to testing a two-story-tall valve that controls the flow of feedstocks for a petrochemical plant,? said Steve Sonnenberg, president of Emerson Process Management. ?This $30 million investment in innovation directly reflects Emerson?s commitment to helping our customers run smarter plants that improve production quality, lower operations and maintenance costs, and enhance environmental performance and worker safety.?

Emerson, whose Fisher valves are installed in more than 90 percent of the world?s nuclear facilities, is able to provide seismic qualification of its valves at the new Innovation Center, which is critically important to making nuclear plants safe and reliable during earthquakes. Emerson was recently awarded contracts to provide its Fisher control valves for Westinghouse Electric Company?s newest generation of nuclear power plants.

?We are very pleased to be working with Emerson Process Management for control valves on our AP1000? nuclear power plant,? said William Rice, Westinghouse director of engineering. ?We plan to take advantage of this new facility to prove out critical operating characteristics, under actual passive heat-removal system service conditions, for one of Fisher?s unique large control valves designed to meet our requirements.?

The center?s flow lab has enough capacity to fill an Olympic-sized pool in just over eight minutes, or a Goodyear ?blimp? in about 12 seconds. Control valves can be tested at pressures up to 3,500 psi (pounds per square inch), the equivalent of providing enough force to support a sport utility vehicle on a postage stamp. Meanwhile, the center also is home to a 26,000-square-foot sound chamber in which Emerson can develop and verify noise levels of new devices before a customer?s plant is built.

Located in Marshalltown, Iowa, home to Fisher, which was acquired by Emerson in 1992, the center required almost 2 million pounds of process piping, more than 1,600 feet of 30-inch and 36-inch pipe, seven underground air storage tanks each more than 150 feet long, and more than 4,500 cubic yards of concrete.

About Emerson Process Management

Emerson Process Management (www.EmersonProcess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing, and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, mining and metals, food and beverage, life sciences, and other industries. The company combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management, and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb®, Syncade?, DeltaV?, Fisher®, Micro Motion®, Rosemount®, Daniel®, Ovation?, and AMS? Suite.

About Emerson

Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions to customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets through its network power, process management, industrial automation, climate technologies, and appliance and tools businesses. Sales in fiscal 2009 were $20.9 billion. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.

Mehr zu den Themen "Energy" und "Oil" finden Sie hier.

Romanian to English

Cu toate acestea, pe termen lung pe termen scurt-annexs feroviare). Centrul de dolari pentru 30 de milioane textphone ocupata. Chiria (Romanian)

However, long-term short-term annexs rail). The Center for $30 million textphone occupied. Rent (English)

English to Turkish

However, long-term short-term annexs rail). The Center for $30 million textphone occupied. Rent (English)

Ancak, uzun - vade kisa - vadeli eklenti demiryolu). Merkezi $30 milyon textphone isgal etmisti. Rent (Turkish)

Turkish to Englsih

Ancak, uzun - vade kisa - vadeli eklenti demiryolu). Merkezi $30 milyon textphone isgal etmisti. Rent (Turkish)

However, long - term short - term annexs railway). He has occupied Center $30 million textphone. Rent (English)

English to Turkish

However, long - term short - term annexs railway). He has occupied Center $30 million textphone. Rent (English)

Ancak, uzun - vade kisa - vadeli eklenti demiryolu). O isgal altindaki Merkezi $30 milyon textphone. Rent (Turkish)

Turkish to English

Ancak, uzun - vade kisa - vadeli eklenti demiryolu). O isgal altindaki Merkezi $30 milyon textphone. Rent (Turkish)

However, long - term short - term annexs railway). under the occupation and $30 million textphone Center. Rent (English)

English to Hausa

However, long - term short - term annexs railway). under the occupation and $30 million textphone Center. Rent (English)

Amma tun, lokaci ka?an, wata ma'ammala annexs reliwen). A ?ar?ashin sana'a da goma 30 miliyan textphone cibiyar. Sufurce (Hausa)

Hausa to English

Amma tun, lokaci ka?an, wata ma'ammala annexs reliwen). A ?ar?ashin sana'a da goma 30 miliyan textphone cibiyar. Sufurce (Hausa)

But since, soon, a transaction annexs railway). Under occupation and ten million 30 textphone center. Rent (English)

(From the Hausa dialect there is a letter untranslated so I translated it...Hausa to English--gave a different language so then I transfered it from English to Arabic--the meaning for, "?" in "ka?an", is "Oslo peace" ARABIC TO ENGLISH----? (Arabic) -- Oslo peace (English) -- I put that sequence back into the host language and it auto detected to Norwegian rather than English--so I re-translated it back into to "English" to find this: "Oslo, Norway peace")

TYPE 8: Norwegian to English (accept rerum is spelt backwards)

tempus edax mur er-----Tempus edax wall is

(Not quite sure if I did or not but this is a translation derived from the English translation--if I did what I was thinking I seperated the word edax to ed ax--not sure but here is what I have come up with...)

Italian to Spanish (European)

Tempus ed bárd a fal-----Tempus y bárd a fal

Spanish (European)-Arabic

Tempus y bárd a fal-----( ? bárd ??? ?????? ??????? ????????

Arabic to English

( ? bárd ??? ?????? ??????? ???????? (Arabic)

(F bárd to the Armed Forces of Liberia (English)

Arabic to French

( ? bárd ??? ?????? ??????? ???????? (Arabic)

(et bárd aux forces armées du Libéria (French)

Arabic to Spanish (European)

)bárd ?? ?????? ??????? ?? ?????? (Arabic)

(bárd en las Fuerzas Armadas de Liberia (Spanish [European])

Definate conclusion: i.e. The modern Armed Forces of Liberia grew out of a militia that was formed by the first black colonists from the United States. The militia was first formed when in August 1822 an attack was feared on Cape Mesurado (where Monrovia now is) and the agent of the settlements directed the mobilization of all "able-bodied males into a militia and declared martial law." By 1846, the size of the militia had grown to two regiments.

-Cape Mesurado is a headland on the coast of Liberia near the capital Monrovia and the mouth of the Saint Paul River. It was named Cape Mesurado by Portuguese sailors in the 1560s. It is the promontory on which African American settlers established the city now called Monrovia on 25 April 1822.[1]
There is a lighthouse on Cape Mesurado, located in the Mamba Point neighborhood of Monrovia and in the cape's northwestern portion, that was established in 1855. It is currently inactive, although the Liberian government is seeking financial assistance to restore and reactivate the lighthouse.

-History

The year prior to the settlers' arrival, the American Colonization Society dispatched a representative, Dr. Eli Ayers, to purchase land farther north up the coast from Sierra Leone, where the settlers had previously landed at Sherbro Island but were experience a high death rate due to the island's swampy, unhealthy conditions.With the aid of Robert F. Stockton, a U.S. naval officer, Ayers sought out land to establish a new colony. Stockton led negotiations with leaders of the Dei and Bassa peoples who lived in the area of Cape Mesurado. At first, local tribal leaders such as King Peter were reluctant to surrender their peoples' land to the strangers, but were forcefully persuaded—some accounts claim at gun-point—to part with a "36 mile long and 3 mile wide" strip of coastal land for trade goods, supplies, weapons, and rum worth approximately $300.

The Cape Mesurado colony faced many of the same barriers to success as the previous colony at Sherbro Island: little supplies, as well as swampy and unhealthy conditions. There was also conflict with local tribes, who resented the now Americo-Liberian residents - who had been slaves or the children of former slaves in the United States before their emigration to Africa - trying to put an end to the slave trade. Led by Lott Carey and Elijah Johnson, the Americo-Liberians organized their own defense against local attacks and rejected British military assistance in exchange for hoisting the Union Jack on C

(Sawyer, Amos (1992). The Emergence of Autocracy in Liberia: Tragedy and Challenge. San Francisco: Institute for Contemporary Studies. p. 79. Sawyer was an interim president of Liberia in the mid 1990s.)

(Sawyer, Amos (1992). The Emergence of Autocracy in Liberia: Tragedy and Challenge. San Francisco: Institute for Contemporary Studies. pp. 79–80.)

(I have a feeling this is gonna be a race war--WHEN???)

TYPE 9: Danish to English (accept rerum is spelt backwards)

tem pus edax mur er-----TEM were edax wall is

TYPE 10: Danish to English (accept with rerum and edax spelt backwards)

t em pus xa der mur er-----T EM were xa there wall is

(I tricked the "auto-detect" to thinking the DANISH was actually PERSIAN and when I re-translated it back to Englsh it created:“Pull em pus xa mur der er--then I re-posted our new "phrase", “Pull em pus xa mur der, back into the host language--surprise it "auto-DETECT" DANISH ONCE AGAIN--translate Danish back to English which creates the even newer phrase; “PULL EM were xa wall which is) i.e. I wonder if this has to do with the reversal of the lettering!?

(Link: allafrica.com... -- TITLE: "Liberia: A Casualty of the Cold War's End"--written JULY 1st 1995 -- this is the translation that led me to this conclusion "(cold, this country and Army in Liberia" -- which gave the conclusion for me to look up Cold War: Liberia)

(The "wall" might mean the "Berlin Wall"---I came to the conclusion "Cold War: Liberia" which led me, yet again, to the link:

allafrica.com... TITLED-- "Liberia: A Casualty of the Cold War's End" by Reed Kramer 1 July 1995)

TYPE 11: t e m pus x a der mur er (for some reason the "auto-detect" said it was English)

A) English to Danish

t e m pus x a der mur er-----t e m materie x en der mur er

Danish to English

t e m materie x en der mur er-----T e m MATERIE X one wall is

B) English to Portuguese (European)

t e m pus x a der mur er-----o x de pus de m de e de t um er de mur de der

Portuguese (European) to English

o x de pus de m de e de t um er de mur de der--the x of pus of m of and of t an er of mur of will give

C) English to Swedish

t e m pus x a der mur er-----t e hr pus x en der mur er

Swedish to English

t e hr pus x en der mur er-----T E HR Pus x a der wall you

D) Englsih to Spanish (Latin America)

t e m pus x a der mur er-----el pus T E M X un mur de der Urgencias

Spanish (Latin America) to English (note--popped up as (European--translation NOT English--this one frightened gives me a chill)

el pus T E M X un mur de der Urgencias-----the pus T AND M X a mur of der ER

Portuguese (European) to English

el pus T E M X un mur de der Urgencias-----el pus T AND M X a mur of will give Urgencias

Romanian to English

el pus T E M X un mur de der Urgencias-----He put t E X A growing m2 of der urgencias

Pashto to English

el pus T E M X un mur de der Urgencias-----el pus t mubarak m mm un mur der Enfants Urgencias

Somali to English

el pus T E M X un mur de der Urgencias-----El pus B E M d un de der urgencias night knows something

RE-COPPIED ENGLISH TRANSLATION/ "AUTO-DETECT"

(mind you this is "auto-detect"--I was trying to translate if from English to a different language)

Spanish (European) to Arabic

(There are 4 languages to choose from: Arabic, English, French and Russian--Arabic was the only one that worked)

El pus B E M d un de der urgencias night knows something (Spanish (European)

??? ??? )?( ? )? ? ??? ?? der ????? ??????? ?????? ???? knows something (Arabic)

Arabic to English

??? ??? )?( ? )? ? ??? ?? der ????? ??????? ?????? ???? knows something (Arabic)

By (b) and (M d To from der acute emergencies knows something station (English)

English to Arabic

By (b) and (M d To from der acute emergencies knows something station (English)

(?) ? (? ? ?? ??? ??????? ??????? ???? ???? ?????? (Arabic)

Arabic to English

(?) ? (? ? ?? ??? ??????? ??????? ???? ???? ?????? (Arabic)

(b) and (M d from Deir acute emergencies knows nothing the station (English)

THE WORD "DEIR" from English to Turkish--translation "Yillar"---Turkish to English--translation "years"
I have changed the word "Deir" to the word "years"

English to Arabic

(b) and (M d from Deir acute emergencies knows nothing the station (English)

(?) ? (? ? ?? ????? ??????? ??????? ???? ???? ?? ?????? (Arabic)

Arabic to English

(?) ? (? ? ?? ????? ??????? ??????? ???? ???? ?? ?????? (Arabic)

(b) and (M d from years of acute emergencies knows nothing about the station (English)

El B) y m D a der las situaciones de emergencia aguda una estación knows something (Spanish (European)

(I put the, el pus T E M X un mur de der Urgencias, back into the translator, this time as English)

English to Hungarian

el pus T E M X un mur de der Urgencias-----E1 genny t e m x ensz mur de der urgencias

Hebrew to English

E1 genny t e m x ensz mur de der urgencias-----Settlement genny t e'X ensz mur der de urgencias

Polish to English

el pus T E M X un mur de der Urgencias-----El they T E M X un wall de der Urgencias

Persian to English

el pus T E M X un mur de der Urgencias-----God's hands pus folks’ e BK3|CH18 “Yes Bandung mur der Urgencias.

RE-COPPIED ENGLISH TRANSLATION/"AUTO-DETECT"

Danish to English

God's hands pus folks’ e BK3|CH18 “Yes Bandung mur der Urgencias (DANISH)

Good's law were people’ E MARKET|ch18 “yes bandung wall which Urgencias (ENGLISH)

[yes bandung wall which Urgencias (English)]

DANISH to ENGLSIH

yes ban dung wall which Urgencias-----Yes ban increase wall which Urgencias

DANISH to ENGLISH

yes band ung wall which Urgencias-----Yes band young wall which Urgencias

(same translation just the word URGENCIAS is broken up)

DANISH to ENGLISH

yes band ung wall which Ur gencias-----Yes band young wall which clock gencias

(same translation just the word BAND and UNG are changed)

DANISH to ENGLISH

yes ban dung wall which Ur gencias-----Yes ban increase wall which clock gencias

Urdu to English

el pus T E M X un mur de der Urgencias-----El pus T E M un law to ensure mur der Urgencias instead

French to English

el pus T E M X un mur de der Urgencias-----el pus T E M X a wall of der Urgencias

E) English to Italian

t e m pus x a der mur er-----t e m il pus x un er di mur di der

F) English to German

t e m pus x a der mur er-----t e m pus x a der mur er

G) English to French

t e m pus x a der mur er-----x de pus de m d'e de t un der mur er

H) English to Greek

t e m pus x a der mur er-----t e µ pus ? ? der a???? ER

I) English to Hindi

t e m pus x a der mur er----- ?? ???????? mur ????. ?. ??. ???? ??? ? ?????

[This is the Hindi to English version [A der mur ????. E. M. X-ray. ?????] I will have to look into this one a little harder)

TYPE 12: Portuguese (European) to English

oxd e pus de m de e de tu mer de mur de der-----oxd e pus de m de e de tu mer de mur de der

(I thought the translation was wrong so I went back for a second look--the translation did not come through--so I changed the word play until it gave me a correct language--this is what I got)

ORIGINAL WORD PLAY: oxd e pus de m de e de tu mer de mur de der

LANGUAGE "AUTO-DETECT": A)Norwegian to English

oxd e pus de m de e de tu mer de mur de de r-----Oxd e puss the m the e they be more the wall the the r

B) English to Turkish

Oxd e puss the m the e they be more the wall the the r-----Oxd e puss bu m bu e onlar daha fazla duvar'nda r

C) Turkish to English

Oxd e puss bu m bu e onlar daha fazla duvar'nda r-----Oxd e puss this m this wall, they are more in the r

TYPE 13: THE WORD gencias (no translation with the word together however I found an interesting fact)

English to Arabic

genc ias-----????? IAS

????? IAS-----Louis Government

(same translation but in different language)

Arabic to French

????? IAS-----Martin IAS

(THE VERDICT:LOUIS MARTIN----IAS GOVERNMENT -- note: it is interesting that neither conclusions are in English)

LINK "IAS Government": www.iasplus.com...

LINK "Louis Martin: en.wikipedia.org...(blessed) --he was a watchmaker--coincidence...

(Maybe this means something else--this is an article written by a Michael Martin www.npr.org...)

(VERY SILLY--but I put in Martin Louis, just to see what it came up with, KANYE WEST--lol...)

TYPE 14: I lost what I was doing but this is where I left off...somehow I came to this conclusion

Danish to English

Settlement genny t e'X ensz mur der de ur genc ias (Danish)

Settlement genny t e x ensz WALL TO THE CLOCK genc ias (English)

Hungarian to English

Settlement genny t e x ensz WALL TO THE CLOCK genc ias (Hungarian)

Settlement pus t e x to the United Nations wall CLOCK genc Ias (English)

(I put the above English translation as "Settlement pu ste x to the United Nations wall clock Louis Martin IAS" then re-translated it to Arabic which gave me the below link)

Arabic to English

????? PU du ?????? ?? ????? ??????? ???? ????? ???? ???? IAS ????? (Arabic)

The settlement of PU du X in the United Nations Luis wall clock IAS Martin (English)

--After I turned it to that I looked up Luis Martin wall clock...which gave me this link about a clock at a cathedral...

www.sttherese.com...

English to Urdu

Settlement pus t e x to the United Nations wall CLOCK genc Ias (English)

?????? genny ?? ?? ?? ??? ensz ????? ?? genc ias (Urdu)

Urdu to English

?????? genny ?? ?? ?? ??? ensz ????? ?? genc ias (Urdu)

Settlement genny ten o'clock genc ias ensz wall (English)

Romanian to English

Settlement genny ten o'clock genc ias ensz wall (Romanian)

genny settlement ten o' clock genc state farm ensz wall (English)

Hungarian to English

genny settlement ten o' clock genc state farm ensz wall (Hungarian)

Pus settlement ten o" clock genc state farm un wall (English)

Turkish to English

Pus settlement ten o" clock genc state farm un wall (Turkish)

Pus settlement to o' clock genc state farm the wall (English)

Hungarian to English

(the word genny is separated creating this translation)

gen ny Settlement ten o'clock Genc IAS ens z wall (Hungarian)

With ny settlement ten o's clock Genc IAS ens z wall (English)

Hungarian to English

(the word Genc has been seperated creating this translation)

gen ny Settlement ten o'clock Gen c IAS ens z wall (Hungarian)

With ny settlement ten o's clock with c IAS ens z wall (English)

(mind you this time I changed the language until it made more sense)

Swedish to English

With ny settlement ten o's clock with c IAS ens z wall (Swedish)

With new settlement ten o's clock with c IAS even z wall (English)

Arabic to English

(Accept I spaced GE and NC which created)

Pus settlement to o' clock ge nc state farm the wall (Arabic)

Pus settlement to O (some 5655 NC state farm, the Wall (English)

(Not sure how I got to this point but its a little more clear)

Hausa to English

?iwa rugan da ya, wasu 5655 nc kafa gona, (Hausa)

Pus settlement he, some 5655 nc set up in the field. (English)

(NOTE: I re-copied the English dialect and then put it back into the host language--the end result an extra word)

Hausa to English

?iwar marayar ya, wasu 5655 nc kafa a fagen (Hausa)

Pus settlement and, some 5655 nc set up in the field of (English)

English to Urdu

Pus settlement, some 5655 nc set up in the field of (English)

???? ????, ??? nc 5655 ??? ???? ???? ?? (Urdu)

Urdu to English

???? ????, ??? nc 5655 ??? ???? ???? ?? (Urdu)

In 5655, some nc pus village of field (English)

English to Urdu

In 5655, some nc pus village of field (English)

5655 ???, ??? nc ???? ???? ??? ???? (Urdu)

Urdu to English

5655 ???, ??? nc ???? ???? ??? ???? (Urdu)

In 5655, some In the village nc pus field (English)

English to Serbian

With new settlement ten o's clock with c IAS even z wall (English)

Sa Novo Naselje deset O' klok sa C MRS I Z Wall (Serbian)

Serbian to English

Sa Novo Naselje deset O' klok sa C MRS I Z Wall (Serbian)

With new settlement ten O'clock with c Mrs and Z wall (English)

(From the information I have gathered I keep coming across December 18--which happens to be tomorrow; I think this is a referrence to December 18th 2012--I don't know what that means but I am sure to find out)

Undated -- Today in History

Today is Saturday, Dec. 18, the 352nd day of 2010. There are 13 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Dec. 18, 1865, the 13th Amendment to the Constitution, abolishing slavery, was declared in effect by Secretary of State William H. Seward.

On this date:

In 1787, New Jersey became the third state to ratify the US Constitution.

In 1892, Tchaikovsky's ballet "The Nutcracker" publicly premiered in St. Petersburg, Russia.

In 1915, President Woodrow Wilson, widowed the year before, married Edith Bolling Galt at her Washington home.

In 1940, Adolf Hitler ordered secret preparations for Nazi Germany to invade the Soviet Union. (Operation Barbarossa was launched in June 1941.)

In 1944, in a pair of rulings, the US Supreme Court upheld the wartime relocation of Japanese-Americans, but also said undeniably loyal Americans of Japanese ancestry could not continue to be detained.

In 1957, the Shippingport Atomic Power Station in Pennsylvania, the first public, full-scale commercial nuclear facility to generate electricity in the United States, went on line. (It was taken out of service in 1982.)

In 1958, the world's first communications satellite, SCORE (Signal Communication by Orbiting Relay Equipment), nicknamed "Chatterbox," was launched by the United States aboard an Atlas rocket.

In 1969, Britain's House of Lords joined the House of Commons in making permanent a 1965 ban on the death penalty for cases of murder.

In 1972, the United States began heavy bombing of North Vietnamese targets during the Vietnam War. (The bombardment ended 11 days later.)

In 1980, former Soviet Premier Alexei N. Kosygin died at age 76.

Ten years ago: The Electoral College cast its ballots, with President-elect George W. Bush receiving the expected 271; Al Gore, however, received 266, one fewer than expected, because of a District of Columbia Democrat who'd left her ballot blank to protest the district's lack of representation in Congress. Antitrust regulators approved the merger of British drug companies Glaxo Wellcome PLC and SmithKline Beecham PLC. Newspaper heir Randolph Apperson Hearst, the last surviving son of William Randolph Hearst and father of Patricia Hearst, died in New York at age 85.

Five years ago: In a televised speech, President George W. Bush declared that Iraq's parliamentary elections signaled the birth of democracy in the Middle East. Vice President Dick Cheney made a surprise visit to Iraq, where he faced tough questions from battle-weary troops. Susanne Osthoff, a German aid worker kidnapped in Iraq, was freed after three weeks in captivity. Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon suffered a mild stroke.

One year ago: The infamous iron sign bearing the Nazis' cynical slogan "Arbeit Macht Frei" ("Work Sets You Free") that spanned the main entrance to the former Auschwitz death camp in Poland was stolen. (The sign was later recovered and several suspects arrested.) Jon and Kate Gosselin officially divorced after 10 years of marriage, eight children and a year of tabloid headlines.

(Funny thing--I googled New Settlement: Ten O'Clock and came across the search engine below...It seems as if all this is interconnected somehow--I cannot retrieve data from this site it is just to read but here is an epitaph...REMEMBER: American Colonization Society and KF 25518 (9) )

books.google.com...:+ten+o'clock&source=bl&ots=aJiU5Tr4A2&sig=A7HrLZryhmwhtW7zK6R5VCgY jPM&hl=en&ei=9z8MTYDDOoWdlgeitbXsAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAjgK#v=onepage&q=New%20settlement%3A%20ten%20o'clock&f=false)

THe reference "New Settlement, Ten O'Clock" guided me to this (hence the above link): The African repository and colonial journal, Volume 9 By American Colonization Society

TYPE 15: "c Mrs and Z wall"

(I translated it a couple times back and forth from English to Serbian--but the end result was not Serbian)

English to Pashto
c Mrs and Z wall----? ????? ?? ? ?? ???????

Pashto to English

? ????? ?? ? ?? ???????-----J woman and our wall

English to Hausau

J woman and our wall-----J mace da gyangyamarmu

Hausau to English

J mace da gyangyamarmu-----Miracle came a woman and our wall (interesting--I don't know what that means...

English to TUrkish

c MRS. i Z Wall-----C SAYIN. Z ben Nazar

Turkish to English

C SAYIN. Z ben Nazar-----C mr.. Z i the

(Well here is the progress from out saying--sorry if its hard to follow)

Turkish to English

Whether Mista ba. Z ni-----Mista Adjunct Senior Fellow at the independent audit.

English to Turkish

Mista Adjunct Senior Fellow at the independent audit. (English)

Mista Whether ve bagimsiz denetim. (Turkish)

Turkish to English

Mista Whether ve bagimsiz denetim. (Turkish)

Mista and Adjunct Senior Fellow at an independent audit. (English)

Romanian to English

C si unde inalti colegii la un audit independent. (Romanian)

c and where senior colleagues to an independent audit. (English)

Hebrew to English

c, ?? ????? ????? ??? ????? ?????? ??? (Hebrew)

C, which high-ranking officials friends to an independent State Controller (English)

English--to Hebrew

C, which high-ranking officials friends to an independent State Controller (English)

c, ??-??? ????? ??? ????? ?????? ??? (Hebrew -- SDL)
C, ??? ?????? ?????? ????? ?????? ???? ?????? (Hebrew -- Google)

Hebrew to English

c, ??-??? ????? ??? ????? ?????? ??? (Hebrew -- SDL)

C, which high-ranking officials friends to an independent State Controller ( English -- SDL)
c, where - Rate members to an independent state visit (English -- Google)

Hebrew to English

C, ??? ?????? ?????? ????? ?????? ???? ?????? ( Hebrew -- Google)

C, which Israeli officials friends an independent State Comptroller (English -- SDL)
C, which is an independent, senior members of the State Comptroller (English -- Google)

(I did not reallize that on my translation site there are two different translations--one sponsered by SDL and one sponsored by GOOGLE...)
(I thought that "State Comptroller" was a translation error--not so much--here is the link: www.mfa.gov.il...)

Basic Law: The State Comptroller
Essence 1. The State Audit shall be implemented by the State Comptroller.
State Audit
2. (a) The Comptroller will audit the economy, the property, the finances, the obligations and the administration of the State, of Government Ministries, of all enterprises, institutions, or corporations of the State, of Local Authorities, and of bodies or other institutions which were defined by law as subject to audit by the State Comptroller.
(b) The State Comptroller shall inspect the legality, integrity, managerial norms, efficiency and economy of the audited bodies, as well as any other matter which he deems necessary.

Duty to provide information
3. A body subject to State Audit will upon request, immediately provide the State Comptroller with information, documents, explanations, or any other material which the Comptroller deems necessary for audit purposes.
Comptroller as Commissioner for Complaints
4. The State Comptroller will investigate complaints from the public about bodies and persons, as provided by law: in this capacity the State Comptroller shall bear the title 'Commissioner for Complaints from the Public'.
Additional tasks
5. The State Comptroller shall undertake additional tasks as provided by law.
Accountability to the Knesset
6. In carrying out his functions, the State Comptroller shall be accountable only to the Knesset and not to the Cabinet.
Election
7. (a) The State Comptroller shall be chosen by the Knesset in a secret ballot; the exact arrangements shall be set by law.
Term of office (b) The term of office of the State Comptroller shall be five years.
Qualifications
8. Any Israeli citizen, residing in Israel, shall be eligible to serve as State Comptroller; any additional qualifications may be determined by law; a person who has served two consecutive terms as State Comptroller may not be a candidate for election to a third consecutive term.
Pledge of allegiance
9. The State Comptroller-elect shall make and sign before the Knesset the following declaration:
'I pledge allegiance to the State of Israel and to its laws, and will faithfully carry out my duties as State Comptroller'.

Budget

10. The budget of the State Comptroller's Office shall be determined by the Appropriations Committee of the Knesset, upon the recommendation of the State Comptroller, and will be published together with the State Budget.
Salary and emoluments
11. The salary of the State Comptroller and other payments made to him during his term of office or subsequently, or to his survivors upon his demise, shall be determined by law or by a Knesset Resolution or by a duly authorized committee of the Knesset.
Contact with Knesset and issuance of reports
12. (a) The State Comptroller shall maintain contact with the Knesset, as determined by law.
(b) The State Comptroller shall issue reports and opinions within the scope of his duties and shall publish them, subject to any restrictions determined by law.

Removal from office
13. The State Comptroller shall not be removed from office except by a two-thirds majority of those Knesset members voting; arrangements for impeachment shall be determined by law.
14. If the State Comptroller is not able to fulfill his functions, an acting Comptroller shall be appointed, in a manner and for a period as determined by law.

YITZCHAK SHAMIR
Prime Minister

CHAIM HERZOG
President of the State

(also check out this link: www.mfa.gov.il... which is titled "State Comptroller and Ombudsman" and also this link: www.mfa.gov.il... which is a view of the "Ministry of Foreign Affairs")

FM Barak- Negotiations with Syria -Knesset- Dec 25- 1995-
25 Dec 1995

Foreign Minister Ehud Barak:
Reply to No-Confidence Motion on the Negotiations with Syria
Knesset, December 25, 1995

Mr. Speaker, Honorable Knesset,

From a position of inner strength, against the backdrop of the achievements of the State of Israel over the course of more than 47 years, we are now seeking to try and resolve the conflict with Syria and to bring Israel to a reality of peace and cooperation, stability and economic development in almost the entire region.

I say from a position of strength and self-confidence, because Israel today, and in the foreseeable future, enjoys an overall strategic position of supremacy. The collapse of the Soviet Union, the defeat of Iraq in the Gulf War, Israel's special relationship with the United States, the IDF's confident advancement to the weapons and modes of warfare of the future, and above all the perception of Israel in the Arab consciousness as possessing nuclear capability -- all these give rise to a position of overall strategic supremacy.

This is true not only of Israel's military and strategic strength, but in the economic sphere as well: 5.5 million Israelis produce 85 billion dollars annually -- more than the 75 million Arabs in Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and the Palestinians combined.

This is not only a transient situation, accurate in December 1995, but an ongoing phenomenon. The rate of growth of the Israeli economy -- 5.5, 6 or perhaps even 6.5 percent this year -- exceeds the rate of growth of all the economies of the 75 million Arabs living around us.

The absorption of immigrants is perceived by the Arab world as one of the most important things that the State of Israel has experienced since its establishment. Six hundred thousand people, the elite of a disintegrating superpower, have brought us human knowledge, strength, and an immediate contribution to our economic development, both as partners in production and as consumers. All these -- Israel's political strength, its strategic military strength, its economic strength and its social strength -- combine to create the reality of Israeli supremacy; and it is this position of strength which allows Israel to coolly consider the advantages of peace in the Middle East -- peace with Syria, peace with Lebanon, seeking to establish relations with the countries of the Persian Gulf, the Arabian Peninsula and North Africa -- along with the considered risks that should be weighed in order to achieve this peace.

This, from a position of strength and self-confidence, not from a position of self-intimidation or pipe dreams. We have no illusions. Peace agreements are important, the reality of peace is important. It is these which shape the outlook and consciousness of the Arab nations.

Let us consider Egypt. What wasn't said when we signed the peace treaty with Egypt! Some of the criticism voiced then against the agreement achieved under the leadership of the late Prime Minister Menahem Begin is amazingly similar to the criticism being voiced today against the opening of negotiations with Syria, which have not yet begun, which have not yet reached the substantive stage. And what in fact happened to Egypt? The Suez Canal was opened, bringing Egypt revenues of more than one billion dollars annually, with a million Egyptians living alongside the canal; tourism, which earns the Egyptian treasury another 1.5 billion dollars annually; American aid in the amount of 2 billion dollars annually; multinational companies investing in infrastructure in Cairo and throughout Egypt. Each year, 1.2 million Egyptians are born, who must be provided for. Peace is growing stronger, not weaker. What the pessimists foretold 17 and 18 years ago, has not come about.

Just imagine what would have happened had we listened to them, had we heeded their criticism. Just imagine that for the last 15 years we would have continued to maintain two and a half divisions on the Egyptian border; imagine that we would have had to build the country with an additional defense burden of 13 or 14 percent of the GNP, with a burden of 25 or 28 percent on the budget -- where would we be today?

We do not deceive ourselves that all the hearts, dreams and desires of the Arab world have changed, nor do we have the means to verify this. What is changing in the eyes of their leaders is the recognition of the reality, the recognition of our strength, and the recognition of the fact that we cannot be erased from the map. We shall continue to maintain a strong IDF and to protect Israel's strategic strength, throughout the negotiations and many years after their conclusion -- if and when all the agreements are achieved.

Peace agreements, as can be achieved while protecting vital interests, contribute to security; they do not impede it or diminish it. The peace process is a supreme national effort which calls for responsibility, discretion, sharp and sober judgment -- not slogans or headlines, certainly not self-intimidation. At such a crucial time, we need the kind of responsibility displayed by the Labor Party during the Camp David talks -- Camp David, which is the "grandfather" of the interim agreement with the Palestinians -- and that same sense of responsibility displayed during the debate on the Madrid conference -- which, in my eyes, is the "father" of the current negotiations with both the Syrians and the Palestinians.

The Israel Labor Party stood behind the peace initiative of the Likud government, even when this initiative included a painful relinquishment of all of Sinai, even when it included the dismantling of all the settlements, even when it included no proviso regarding the Egyptian army. This was the greatest, historic achievement of the late Prime Minister Menahem Begin -- a historic act that will ultimately be remembered more than anything he did before or after. Who opposed it then, and for what reasons? And I ask you, members of the opposition: What would Assad have received had he joined Sadat and come here, to the Knesset, together with him then? What would he have received from the late Menahem Begin?

To the best of my understanding, Israel has a vital strategic interest in achieving peace with Syria and Lebanon, insofar as it can be achieved with suitable arrangements for security and early warning. To the best of my understanding, Syria shares this strategic interest, and both sides -- despite the suspicions of the past and despite the fact that we have met on the battlefield -- must develop the ability to truly listen to the perspective of the other side, to each other's sensitivities and interests, without forgetting our own sensitivities, perspective and interests.

The components of peace, security, timetable and depth of withdrawal are closely linked. I believe that the correct equation is: the depth of withdrawal shall be equal to the quality of peace and the strength of the security and early warning arrangements. We seek full normalization, with embassies, open borders crossed freely by people, goods and services. We seek foreign tourism and Israeli tourism -- where tourists can travel from Israel to Antalya in Turkey and to Europe in their own cars; economic cooperation; the linking of infrastructure grids. We seek an end to terrorism in southern Lebanon, a separate peace agreement with Lebanon, the restraint of Hizbullah, and a solution to terrorist attacks set in motion by headquarters in Lebanon and in Damascus. We seek to invite other moderate Arab states in the Gulf and in North Africa to participate in this effort.

If we will encounter a readiness to accept these elements, the government of Israel is prepared to examine the security arrangements and the depth of withdrawal to be considered in this context. If we will encounter readiness for less than this, we shall require more complex arrangements for security and early warning, and we shall in this context also weigh the possible depth of withdrawal.

The security arrangements are designed to achieve three goals:

To make a surprise attack impossible in practical terms.
To reduce the incentive for an overall attack -- militarily, physically, and through the fostering of cooperation.
To create a reality that will prevent day-to-day incidents from deteriorating into an overall clash, as has happened in the past.
The security arrangements to be examined include mutual demilitarization zones, thinning of forces, changes in the deployment and structure of forces, whether by agreement or voluntarily, the gathering of intelligence by aerial and satellite photography, technological means of early warning from stations to be operated in places and in a manner to be agreed upon, open phone lines between officers and personnel on both sides, mutual visits, regular and unexpected inspections by methods to be agreed upon, and of course peace, with the accompanying tourism and cooperation, which as we all know places certain limitations on freedom of military action in general and surprise attack in particular. It is pointless to try and determine before the talks even begin which of these, in what combination and precise dosage, will eventually be adopted.

The various components of peace are interrelated, and I shall cite examples from other parts of the world. There is a difference between peace as it prevails between India and Pakistan, and peace between Holland and Belgium. Peace between Holland and Belgium does not require the kinds of security and early warning arrangements as are needed in the peace between India and Pakistan. Tourism, the linking of communication networks or electricity grids, tens of thousands of daily border crossings do not dictate and do not require the same timetable. The timetable is designed ultimately to meet two purposes: to provide the technical feasibility to build what is needed from what we will be forced to move, and to build trust. We believe that once trust will be created as a result of what is implemented in practice, this will also affect the timetable. We must examine all this from a position of strength.

The Syrians are afraid that we will maneuver them around the negotiating table; we are afraid that they will maneuver us. The cat and mouse game has been going on for two years. Now we must see whether or not there is a real option for peace, in all aspects, which deserves examination. If not, we should know this; if so, we should pursue it, bring it before the people for approval, and begin to implement it. We must clarify this, because the failure to achieve peace with Syria may continue to burn as a coal in a fire which is all but extinguished; we shall have to maintain greater and constant alert, at a greater cost and investment of means, at this fire which we mistakenly thought extinguished.

We have not yet reached the crucial test. The opposition has the legitimate right to oppose. The proper time for this is if and when an agreement is reached, and will be brought, as promised, before the people for their decision.

There are no perfect processes. Perfection can be sought elsewhere -- not in real life. But we are talking about an important chance to alter a reality whose continuation may prove costly; a chance to change it responsibly, carefully and calmly. We must examine this possibility with courage and with a readiness to consider the necessary risks in achieving it -- the necessary risks on the road to peace, and the prospects inherent in its fruits.

This is our position, and since the entire Knesset supports negotiations with Syria, the entire Knesset wants security, and the entire Knesset should know to distinguish what is vital from what is less vital, the differences between us are over details, not over principle. I therefore appeal to all factions to join the effort to achieve comprehensive and lasting peace in the Middle East -- peace from strength, peace with security.

I ask that the no-confidence motion be removed from the Knesset agenda.

(Please check out this link: books.google.com...:+Camp+David&source=bl&ots=cgapdLG2Tt&sig=RRFtF2IG1eZJqogGyAzjGQsjtQM&hl=en &ei=Zq4TTf2bC4P78AacuYWpDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&sqi=2&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=Labor%20Party%3A%20Camp%20David&f=false titled "Camp David: Peacemaking and Politics" -- definition of "no-confidence motion" -- en.wikipedia.org...)

(The article below is titled "Zionism and Israel - Encyclopedic Dictionary" -- I came to this conclusion by looking up the "Knesset Agenda")

Knesset - (Hebrew - a feminine noun literally meaning gathering) The Israeli Parliament or legislature, consisting of 120 representatives of different political parties. The name is derived from the "Knesset Hagadolah" (large assembly) , the representative Jewish council created in Jerusalem by Ezra and Nehemiah in the fifth century B.C.E.

Successive elections produce successive knesset assemblies, numbered according to the number of the election, just as is done for the US congress. The first Israeli Knesset was elected on January 25, 1949 and was originally called the "constituent assembly." The members met for the first time on February 14, 1949 and voted to change the name to "Knesset" two days later. The Knesset did not have a permanent home until 1966. The first meetings of the Constituent Assembly were held in the Jewish Agency, in Jerusalem. From arch 8, 1949-December 14, 1949, the Knesset met in the Kessem Cinema in Tel Aviv, and then from December 26, 1949-March 8, 1950 it met in the Jewish Agency, Jerusalem. and from March 13, 1950, it met in the 1950: Froumine Building, on King George Street, Jerusalem. In 1958, the cornerstone of a permanent knesset building was laid in Givat Ram in Jerusalem, on land leased from the Greek Orthodox Church in Jerusalem. The new building was completed August 31, 1966, and has since been modified and renovated a few times.

A quaint Arab world rumor claims that the roof of the Knesset displays a map of "Greater Israel" showing its borders on the Euphrates river. Of course, there is no such map.

Israel is a parliamentary democracy. The Israeli Knesset is elected by universal suffrage by citizens of all faiths and ethnic orientations, who select a party list. The lists of candidates are submitted by each party in the order in which the candidates will be allowed seats in the Knesset. The representatives are chosen in proportion to the number of votes received by each party. The leader of the party that has the best chance of forming a coalition is charged with forming a new government and becomes the Prime Minister. To stabilize the political system, the current election law states that a government can only be dismissed if there are 61 Knesset members (MK) who agree on a different candidate to replace the Prime Minister. Elections are held every four years or whenever the government is voted out of office.

A popular misconception is that Israeli Arabs are not allowed to vote. Actually there are three Arab parties with 10 representatives in the current Knesset, and Arabs also vote for other parties. There is currently an Arab minister in the Israeli government as well.

The Knesset is sometimes characterized by colorful and impolite debates, but sessions are often poorly attended by members, who may be doing the "real work" of governing in the Knesset cafeteria or in the various committees.

The plenum ("Mleyaht Haknesset"), is formally the supreme authority of the house. It has two annual sittings of at least eight months' duration in total, together forming a "session." The Knesset can also be convened in additional special sessions if thirty members demand such a meeting in writing or if the government request it. Resolutions of the plenum are usually adopted if accepted by a simple majority of participating MKs, except for cases in which a special majority is required.

The plenum elects the Speaker of the Knesset and one or more deputy speakers. Deliberations, presided over by the Speaker or a Deputy Speaker, are open to the media and the public. The agenda of Knesset meetings is set by the speaker in accordance with government proposals. One meeting each week is set aside for consideration of private members' bills. Every day that the Knesset is in session, time is reserved for ministers to reply to questions.

In practice, as in most parliamentary democracies, the government presents most of the legislation and can usually muster a majority by enforcing coalition discipline.

Knesset plenum sessions include general debates on proposes laws or other questions, motions for the agenda, parliamentary questions (Sheiltot), and motions of no confidence. General debates are held on bills or general matters of a political or other nature. Debates on proposed laws conclude with a vote; debates on general matters may end without voting. A motion for the agenda is a preliminary debate concerning the inclusion of an issue raised by an MK on the Knesset agenda.

A parliamentary question can be asked by an MK of a minister on ministry affairs, to draw the attention of the Government and the public to an issue that, in the presenter's opinion, needs corrective action. Parliamentary questions are presented in writing or orally, and the minister must reply in the Knesset plenum within a set period of time. Since 1984, oral parliamentary questions have also been allowed; these must be replied to within two days, at which time members of other Knesset factions may ask additional questions.

Any party or combination of parties may submit a motion of no confidence in the Government. The Knesset must vote on the motion at its first meeting during the week following submission of the motion. If the motion gets an absolute majority (61 votes) the government functions in a caretaker capacity until a new Government is established.

The Government is the sponsor of most legislation, but any MK can propose a law,, known as a "private member's bill." Bills go through three readings. The first reading and vote decides if the proposed law is accepted and referred to the appropriate committee, removed from the Knesset, or returned to the Government if it is a government proposal. If the bill is accepted, it goes to a committee for the resolution of details.

Much of the real business of the Knesset is handled in committees. The Knesset has 12 committees: House (or Knesset) Committee, dealing with the Knesset agenda; Finance; Economics; Defense and Foreign Affairs; Interior and Environment; Immigration and Absorption; Education and Culture; Constitution, Law, and Justice; Labor and Social Affairs; Public Audit (Control); War against Drug Affliction and Advancing the Status of Women.

Committee chairpersons are chosen by their members, on the recommendation of the House Committee, and their factional composition resembles that of the Knesset itself. Committees may elect subcommittees and delegate powers to them. They may also establish joint committees for issues concerning more than one committee. In addition to their legislative function, the committees discuss government regulations or any matter referred to them by the plenum. To further their deliberations they invite government ministers, senior officials, and experts in the matters being discussed. Committees may require explanation and information from relevant ministers in any matter within their competence, and the ministers, or persons appointed by them, must provide the explanation or information requested.

The committee may propose as many amendments as it wishes, as long as the general topic of the bill is not impaired. The committee then returns the amended bill to the plenum for a second reading, wh

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I just read something interesting; didnt John claim that around this time home computing power would become more powerful than we could currently imagine that personal computers would become incredibly powerful devices.
Well.. Check this out!!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join