It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor's predictions are unfolding before our eyes...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Now my only concern is discovering who created Titor, so this debate can be put to rest. If anyone is willing to point me to some information on the subject or a thread on it I'd be grateful!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Finding titor is your only concern?

I truely hope this doesn't take up much time in your life... All of the originals that spoke with Titor, Darby, AI, Pam, Jim and more... None of them have every been able to find him no matter how hard they have tried. And when it comes to inconsistences... When you compare the HIT RATE of what titor got right compared to what he got wrong you shall find he has gotten more right then wrong...

Of course that doesn't matter to you because for you time travel can not exist there fore he must be a hoax... very circular logic.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

Finding titor is your only concern?

When it comes to this hoax, yes. Best way to debunk a hoax is to find the source of said hoax.

Darby, AI, Pam, Jim and more... None of them have every been able to find him

All of which far as I've gathered agree it was a hoax. Darby has some of the most intelligent theories on this hoax.

Of course that doesn't matter to you because for you time travel can not exist there fore he must be a hoax... very circular logic.

I never said I don't believe in time travel. That has nothing to do with why I think John is a character. I listed several other reasons you didn't care to address, because you can't. No one who still supports him can.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

And don't forget... (I've mentioned this in previous threads) How do we know how a citizen of 2036 would label a civil war? From our 2008 perspective, we may not consider what is going on a full-blown civil war. But a citizen of 2036, after suffering through WW3, could have a very different perspective; they could be taught in schools that the events leading up to WW3 were the "civil war that was evident in 2008".

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

So have you spoke to Darb on TTI or anomilas ....

And I know your not right about Pam or AI...Ai is actually fence sitting these days.

To me Darb is one annoying individual... Always claiming to have the proof but unwilling to share lest he break some golden code of ethics... Never mind the fact that IF he really did Have the proof Releasing it would stop many a person from harassing Pam or Jim or others that were involved....I think if he had it releasing said info would stop more chaos than it would create...

I'm sure larry Harber wouldn't mind.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

You know I have to agree with you. It is nice to meet a simpler mind set.

I mean how did people in 1785 reguard the war of 1776.

This kind of thinking never occurs to the common Titor debunker... To the titor debunker titor is a hoax because time travel is impossible therefore if time travel is impossible titor must be a hoax.

One tries to mention the latest break throughs announced in physics or those seizure lights or the poem or the war yada yada nothing is ever good enough for the debunker... and it reminds me of titors words when he said even in 2036 some did not believe in time travel... Heck there are some today that do not believe we went to the moon...(myself among them)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
"Dont you think that the multiple universe, multiple timeline theory is a very easy way of never being able to disprove Titor?"

Yes. Which makes the whole thing far more anoying. If he'd never brought it up I could have happily laid the whole thing to rest as a hoax as soon as his predictions failed to come true. Unfortunately the multiple universe get out clause means that I can't.

But the convenience of the get out clause doesn't make the situation a hoax, it simply provides a perfectly reasonable explenation for why certain things didn't happen. It makes the whole story more believable.

While we're at it, a few more things that don't disprove Titors story:

1: the picture of the laser being distorted by the gravitational field.
Usually people suggest that this is a hoax because only the laser is distorted and not the area around it. However
a) the section of laser that bends is outside the car, the gravitational feild presumably doesn't effect the passenger compartment
b) you can't see anything else outside the window to ascertain whether it is distorted or not.

2: If John Titor was really a time traveller the government would have grabbed him for questioning.

yes, because the government constantly monitors crank conspiracy websites like ATS and hauls in anyone who sounds like they're suffering from some sort of delusion. Seriously, even if the government did keep tabs on this place ( which I doubt ) theres hundreds of people coming here every day claiming all sorts of crap from being a vampire to owning parts of a UFO. The government doesn't seem to be hoovering ATS members up a couple of dozen crackpots at a time, why would they grab Titor ?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

All this deliberation over nothing...

I think I am going to re categorize the word OBTUSE as a disease.

It's the big picture we need to focus on. It doesn't matter if Titor existed or not, he pointed out our demise and what we can do to help ourselves before it snowballs on top of us.

UNPLUG. By some planters and seeds. Get over yourselves and your superlative means of ripping every good and pure intention into a game.

Would it hurt you to learn a lesson? Most of what you know and have been taught is a fairy tale, so why not believe this one! At least this will save your lives.

I don't know what else to say...

The choice is yours. Make it a good one...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In

Yep, my points exactly. I believe I told you this on..um...the very first page of this long pointless thread. I even provided you with links that you could read to find all of this information out. But instead of reading them, you had to carry on this 200 and some odd post debate to find out...nothing new.

So here we sit, upon yet another huge waste of ATS space.

[edit on 7/2/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'd hardly call it a waste, it's raised the titor debate again which I suspect means that several people who'd never heard of him went off and read his stuff. Probably expanded a few peoples minds on the possibility of time travel... hardly a bad thing is it ?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The info on Titor is out there and not hard to find especially on ATS. The subject itself, along with various links to countless already existing threads covering every aspect and detail of this story, is pinned at the top of the Predictions section. I realize not everyone knows of who he is or the story, but the info is not hard to find here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
We have, once again, drifted off topic. The topic title is not "Was Titor a hoax?", but "John Titor's predictions are unfolding before our eyes".

That having been said, I listed his predictions in an earlier post (twice actually). If you think that these predictions haven't unfolded "before our eyes", then please explain. I have only seen one response to this (a feeble explanation, in my opinion. But still, it was at least a rebuttal)

If his predictions are not "unfolding before our eyes", please answer the following:

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

1A) Has anyone else predicted an event within 5 years where 100,000 people or more died? Remember, only 43 of these events (non man-made) have ever occured IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE HUMAN RACE.

1b) Have "non-lethal" weapons turned out to be quite lethal? Research "Taser deaths" and the problems with the new "microwave crowd control" device, and get back with me.

2) There is always "civil unrest" around elections in America. Question: Was the "civil unrest" due to the 2004 elections normal, or very noteworthy? Think carefully on this one: what happened in 2004 that was different?

3) Is this a reference to Iraqi veterns coming back sans limbs, at a rate that hasn't been seen since Vietnam?

4) The chinese launched their first manned space flight on October 15, 2003. Can anyone show articles that expected this to happen at least 1 year prior? As I remember, everyone was kind of shocked at this.

5) "How many civil rights will you give up to feel safe" is THE major question of today. Is there anyone disputing this?

6) Titor said the enemy will be the "ones arresting and holding people without due process". Is there any doubt this is actually going on? No. Can any of you honestly say that you expected to witness this BEFORE a breakdown of civil society? Anyone....? Bueller....?

7) Did anyone predict in 2001 that Iraq would NOT have nuclear weapons? IIRC, everyone thought that they were getting/acquiring nuclear weapons. The only question was if they had them, and how long until they did have them. No one guessed that they wouldn't have ANY weapons or ANY program.

8) "...what were the political motivations that changed the U.S. Constitution?
" Can anyone doubt that our Constitution has been changed? Indeed, what ARE the political motivations of this change?

Now, don't offer me your opinions. Don't offer me why you think this, or why you think that. SHOW ME THAT HE WAS WRONG IN THE ABOVE 8 QUOTES WITH LINKS FROM REPUTABLE SOURCES.

Is that so hard to ask from the "debunkers"?

2)

[edit on 1-7-2008 by sir_chancealot]

[edit on 2-7-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'll admit I have been a fan of the Titor story since threads started on ATS years ago.

I don't feel the story has been debunked.

Reason #1 Nobody in the world can say whether or not time travel is impossible, and as a matter of fact more and more scientists are saying it is possible not only possible but likely.

Reason #2 Titors "predictions" where Not predictions, they were his history from His worldline, Not ours. In his worldline Y2K was a bid deal and in our worldline it was not.

John Titor gave us a glimpse into how his world changed in just a few short years, and our world has also change in just the last 8 years.

If it wasn't for JT I would have had no warning about how our world is evolving, but since I read his story years ago, when the government continues to make draconian laws limiting our rights, or when I see a news article about Yet Another taser death, or a natural disaster that claims 100,000 lives, or how gas prices are forcing people to sell their cars for bikes, Lets just say I'm not surprised.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Are you paying for Server space?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

[edit on 7/2/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

So have you spoke to Darb on TTI or anomilas ....

And I know your not right about Pam or AI...Ai is actually fence sitting these days.

To me Darb is one annoying individual... Always claiming to have the proof but unwilling to share lest he break some golden code of ethics... Never mind the fact that IF he really did Have the proof Releasing it would stop many a person from harassing Pam or Jim or others that were involved....I think if he had it releasing said info would stop more chaos than it would create...

I'm sure larry Harber wouldn't mind.

I spoke to Pam over a year ago. She is reluctant to admit certain things, mainly I believe because she was actually involved in the hoax.

But she did readily, finally admit she believes it was a hoax. I believe if you go back to the site she frequented and look over her last post you will find an entire thread she took part in, in which she also there admitted she had come to terms with the fact Titor was a hoax.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In

I think I am going to re categorize the word OBTUSE as a disease.

It's the big picture we need to focus on. It doesn't matter if Titor existed or not,

Well you should have made your post about the "bigger picture" then.

This post was titled "John Titor's predictions are unfolding before our eyes". They are not and have not, several people have given you the overwhelming evidence of this and you refuse to respond to them. You can only respond with the "bigger picture" mentality. Making this post pointless and incorrect if that was what you truly wished to discuss.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

On what page post? Give a link. Cause Last I heard Pam is still open minded.

Also I have given the titor predictions and sir chancalot has too.

Stack up everything Titor said. Every single prediction. Check off the ones that failed to happen against those that did happen and you will find he has gotten more right than he got wrong down the the trivial stuff like poem and seizure lights as less lethal alternatives to tazers.

When you stack up his hits against his misses his hits heavily outweigh his misses.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

On what page post? Give a link. Cause Last I heard Pam is still open minded.

Also I have given the titor predictions and sir chancalot has too.

Stack up everything Titor said. Every single prediction. Check off the ones that failed to happen against those that did happen and you will find he has gotten more right than he got wrong down the the trivial stuff like poem and seizure lights as less lethal alternatives to tazers.

When you stack up his hits against his misses his hits heavily outweigh his misses.

Yes and when you look at everything he said in context he constantly contradicts himself. Please go back through this thread and address the many post from people listing Titor's many contradictions, instead of dancing carefully around them, as all of the Titor supports are currently doing.

I'll have to look for the post so it will take me time, but I have no doubts I can find it.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

This was posted by her in 2005:
I wonder what it is that you think I have kept hidden from you Ruthless?

The only thing I have kept secret about John is info that I can use to verify to myself that
I am again talking to the same person who called himself "john Titor."
If I gave out that info it would become useless to me.
He may decide to come forward some day and I will have the info I need to verify him.
I'm sorry but I am not giving that up.

To answer Eric's question: No, I don't believe it like I once did. The primary reason(there are other reasons as well) is the absolute refusal of the "mother" to answer the one question I have been asking her for years.
"Where is the departure video?" It was written in the book that she had sent it out to the individuals who were suppose to receive it. The other question was "why can't another one be sent?"
After years of not receiving an answer and being rudely ignored I have come to the conclusion one does not exist. That it must have been a hoax that got big and someone tried to make money from it.

But there are some things that happened that still remain somewhat of a mystery to me that cause me to wonder still.

www.timetravelinstitute.com...

Can not find the more recent post, I’m sure if you asked she’d be more than willing to answer.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join