Obama hits McCain's military credentials via Proxy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
I'm not American, so this is your problem, not mine.

I'm pretty sure a lot of Iraqis felt that way too. In my opinion, it really doesn't matter who takes office, it'll be your problem soon enough... It'll be everyone's problem.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Gen Clark is part of his camp, or did you fail to notice that he is one of the top pics for Obama's VP (which I hope he just flushed down the toliet)?

So because he is on a list with various other people that makes him "part of his camp"? Another stretch, but lets entertain this idea for a moment. If Clark was in his camp and this was a proxy comment, then wouldn't he be risking his chances of being selected by saying it? That doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Perhaps, but it ain't a problem that i can deal with.

It's an American problem, so it needs to be dealt with by American voters.

Unless, of course, you lot intend to start allowing British Citizens to vote in your elections?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
So because he is on a list with various other people that makes him "part of his camp"?
Do you think that a "leading" VP candidate would not be part of his camp?

Another stretch, but lets entertain this idea for a moment. If Clark was in his camp and this was a proxy comment, then wouldn't he be risking his chances of being selected by saying it? That doesn't make sense.

Not if he was being coached into it.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
By many accounts, it was more of a vacation from duty than the typical POW experience. I think he should address these in better form than he addressed questions about 9/11 (ignore and it'll go away).

Here's an account that tends to say differently..

The U.S. soldiers were held sometimes five to a cell, barely big enough for two.

"He had this gimpy knee where he'd busted his knee, this arm had been fractured in a couple places, he'd been bayoneted in the leg, this arm was out at the shoulder and, in fact, during that time it was out at the shoulder so long it wore a hole in this bone," Day said.

During captivity, they were tortured mercilessly, Day said, describing one tactic that McCain has also recalled.

"They roped me under the arms, tied my hands behind my back, ran another rope to that, got me up on a chair, threw that rope up over a rafter and jerked the chair out from under me and your own weight just tears your body apart," he said.

Day’s broken arm was re-broken during torture so he would never fly again.

Article

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
If serving in the military, being shot down over enemy territory, and held for five years in a POW camp doesn't qualify you to be Commander-in-Chief, What credentials does an unseasoned, half-term Senator like Obama have?

It amazes me that Clark so flippantly dismisses McCain's time as a POW. Those five years give McCain a qualification not seen in a President, the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed-Forces, since Andrew Jackson. He knows first hand the horrors that await our soldiers captured by the enemy.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
So because he is on a list with various other people that makes him "part of his camp"? Another stretch, but lets entertain this idea for a moment. If Clark was in his camp and this was a proxy comment, then wouldn't he be risking his chances of being selected by saying it? That doesn't make sense.

No, it makes complete sense. They are coached by advisors and handlers extensively before going into these interviews. It is more of a stretch to believe that the Obama camp didn't know what was going to be said, and that Clark acted as a rogue agent.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Lest you forget, Obama is the only one with paid staffers that disrupt forum threads that fail to say "Nice" things about him. To me this is about as low as a politician can stoop..

Not true. That is a rumor (which the conspiracy-minded and those who don't like Obama are all-to-willing to believe) started by a poorly worded article about the Obama-campaign starting a website to combat rumors. There was no mention or evidence anywhere that a phalanx of Obama campaigners are flooding any forum to prop him up.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
No, it makes complete sense. They are coached by advisors and handlers extensively before going into these interviews. It is more of a stretch to believe that the Obama camp didn't know what was going to be said, and that Clark acted as a rogue agent.

I can't believe that a candidate whose image is the only thing he has going for him, would not be keeping a tight leash on his supporters.

Clark has never acted as a rogue. This is why they used to call him windsock. He blew whichever way the political winds told him to.

The fact that these statements come from one of his senior supporters is just mindboogling.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Getting shot down in a plane does NOT give you qualification to be President. It didn't make JFK qualified in 1960 and it doesn't make McCain qualified now.

What does make one qualified is a record of public service - which McCain, like JFK did, does have. THAT makes him qualified. That's what also makes Obama qualified.

General Wesley Clark hit the nail on the head, it looks like. McCain has qualifications, but they do not come from his admirable military service.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
What does make one qualified is a record of public service - which McCain, like JFK did, does have. THAT makes him qualified. That's what also makes Obama qualified.

General Wesley Clark hit the nail on the head, it looks like. McCain has qualifications, but they do not come from his admirable military service.
Could you please cite some of public service work Barack Obama has done aside from donating money to his American-hating, racist church?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
Getting shot down in a plane does NOT give you qualification to be President. It didn't make JFK qualified in 1960 and it doesn't make McCain qualified now.

You're right, getting shot down does not qualify one to be President. However, read what happened to McCain after he was shot down. Then come back and tell us his experience does not give him a unique insight into the plight of POWs.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
To those that don't know, when John McCain was captured in Veitnam, he was tortured and was forced to make a "confession". Because he was an admiral's son it was that much more damaging. Some people in the military (Clark) viewed this as weak and have not forgiven him for it. I am not pointing this out to distract or attack McCain, because I think he served his country well and deserves our respect for it. I only bring it up because not very many people know this.

This may be the real reason behind Clark's statement, and I agree that it is disrespectful, but it in no way shows that Obama was behind it.

[edit on 6/30/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

There is somethign to question him on

his former captives have provided photographs of McCain in a hospital room where "pow's normall dont go"
they claim mccain was never treated the way he says he was.

Doesnt make his captives truthful, but it also brings up speculation about rather or not mccain is making this all up. After all, only he and his captives really knew what went on in there.

Also - McCains repeated use of slang terms towards asians shows his own bigotry.

But yah - no reason to question Mccain :shk:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

his former captives have provided photographs of McCain in a hospital room where "pow's normall dont go"

I think this type of tactic is called propaganda..

Doesnt make his captives truthful, but it also brings up speculation about rather or not mccain is making this all up. After all, only he and his captives really knew what went on in there.
How long was Obama held as a POW? I can't find any information related to his military service at all..

Also - McCains repeated use of slang terms towards asians shows his own bigotry.

But yah - no reason to question Mccain :shk:
I guess being tortured by Vietnamese interrogators for five years has left McCain a tiny bit resentful. Go figure..

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

There may well be, but this isn't it.

Do I even need to comment on that? Please don't try to sell this as anything less than biased coverage. They had to "treat" him after the injuries he incurred from his ejection.

Which his fellow captives have all agreed upon that he was mistreated and tortured.

When was the last time that he used slang terms towards Asians?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Could you please cite some of public service work Barack Obama has done aside from donating money to his American-hating, racist church?

Being a Chicago community organizer for years (passing up triple digit law firm jobs in the process), serving in the Illinois Senate, then of course being a US Senator for 2 years.

Funny that you're attacking a man (Reverend Wright) as "anti-American" when he served six years in the military himself.

You're right, getting shot down does not qualify one to be President. However, read what happened to McCain after he was shot down. Then come back and tell us his experience does not give him a unique insight into the plight of POWs.

I specifically stated that McCain's years of service in the Senate as a public servant after his military service made him qualified to be President. Please read my whole posts next time, thanks

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

www.bloomberg.com...

The Arizona senator ``has been a voice on the Senate Armed Services Committee, and he has traveled all over the world, but he hasn't held executive responsibility,'' Clark, one of Obama's chief foreign policy advisers, said on CBS's ``Face the Nation'' program.

If he's one of Obama's chief foreign policy advisors, yeah, I'd say that qualifies as being part of Obama's camp.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I find it incongruous that McCaine, despite the POW experience, seemed ambivalent, at best, regarding the allegations of torture in Guantanamo. Also, he is not regarded highly by his fellow POWs and those who are active in the POW/MIA recovery movement. We already know of McCaine's less than 'open book' policy on his troubles on the aircraft carrier.

Please believe me, I am not baiting, I really think it's weird that he wasn't among the first of our leaders hoping on a transport down to Guantanamo to verify for himself that we weren't torturing people. Or that he felt it necessary to redact proposed legislation supporting the MIA/POW recovery effort in Viet Nam of all places.

Since I am not a follower I am unaware of any response or comment he may have made on these matters. But many here seem to follow the 'rock star' politician parade very closely, perhaps you could illuminate the matter.

(BTW - I am fully aware that I may be 'mislead' by poor sources, so flame away!)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Yeah, I forgot about that and stand corrected.

Maybe Obama should comment on it. It has only been one day, let's wait and see. It seems that he is always having to comment on what someone else is saying, but unless he said it himself, I won't hold it against him. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join