It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to teach yourself Mathmatics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The reason I ask is because well I recently dropped from a math class but the thing is you can test out of it ...so i'm curious.....with a lot of heart and effort is it possible? Has anyone have any past experience in this??

Best Regards,
Richie

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
You can teach yourself just about anything. The question is are you willing to take the time and do you have the discipline to learn it by yourself. If you do, then I'd say no, teaching yourself math is not impossible.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
You can teach yourself just about anything. The question is are you willing to take the time and do you have the discipline to learn it by yourself. If you do, then I'd say no, teaching yourself math is not impossible.

Thanks for the speedy response...Kinda needed the moral boost heh... It's 5 Am....stayed up pondering whether to drop the class or not and I finally did it... But lesson learned.....i'm shooting for a minor in math so it hurt dropping but then again it's the summer semester heh...

I suppose I'll go ride my bike for a while to sweat off the tension built up from the night....

Best Regards,

Richie

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Seaman_Richie]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You can totaly teach yourself, FROM THE BOOK.

For calc 2/3 my teachers were not great, and i didn't even go to class all the time, but, my buddy and i spent EVERY NIGHT, going thru the book, looking how to do things.

And whenever i couldnt get a question, me and my buddy would go into the school liberary, and look at the Teachers edition of the soulutions manuel....

If your going to be teaching yourself, you need to buy that book, the TEACHERS Solution manuel... the student soulution book only has odd soulutions, but you should be able to grab the teachers edition SOMEWHERE online...

Its going to be hard, it will be better if you do this with someone eslse, someone to sit there next to you, and challenge you...

Good luck...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I would at least use a tutor, and math is really just a bunch of rules. As long as you know the rules, you can solve most math problems. I was horrible at math because I thought it required some special kind of thinking. Once I realized it isn't, I had no problems learning it.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It's great to have a tutor help you. You could also brush up on skill via the internet, I am sure you could find online tutors as well.

Practice, Practice, Practice.

Math is a contact sport!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Peep this homey

freevideolectures.com...

If you really want to learn, have the time and the desire, and the willingness to go it alone, that's your best bet.

Enjoy!!

top topics

join